HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2014, 04:29 PM
Joined Apr 2014
2 Posts
Mini CP board problem

Help,

Can any body help me?
While replacing the power leads I have lost one resistor.
if you look to the board at the front of the heli it is the resistor right next to the black minus wire "the one in the red circle is the one I lost" (you must have good eyes though).
prior to experiment I hope somebody (please...} is able to measure its resistance.
At least it gives me some info to repair it.
Your help is greatly apriciated.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

Kind regards
SRX600 is offline Find More Posts by SRX600
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:11 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRX600 View Post
Help,

Can any body help me?
While replacing the power leads I have lost one resistor.
if you look to the board at the front of the heli it is the resistor right next to the black minus wire "the one in the red circle is the one I lost" (you must have good eyes though).
prior to experiment I hope somebody (please...} is able to measure its resistance.
At least it gives me some info to repair it.
Your help is greatly apriciated.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

Kind regards
May try posting in the SCP thread, it has been more active & many have the MCP also. Last time I replaced power leads I sealed area in black hot glue which covered up the resistor also.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...91184&page=307
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Apr 21, 2014, 02:37 AM
Joined Apr 2014
2 Posts
After some testing I found a acceptable solution.
The circuit in the lower right corner acts as a step up converter.
If I leave the resistor away it functions.
although a resistor is needed becaus it measures the regulated voltage.
I found out 100kiloohm is a acceptable solution.

thanks for your reply though.
SRX600 is offline Find More Posts by SRX600
Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:48 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
5,539 Posts
Best thing to do when heli is new is use good grade hot glue on power leads. Also be easy on these little guys. i know plugs are small, forewarned/ forearmed. If power leads comes off, be easy with it. cusion heli so it doesn't move around and Don't push it. Flux is solder magnet, use it. Make sure iron os hot and use a small iron, not some big unit. Mess up that board going to cost you big time.
The Mini is most stable micro c/p I have flown to date. My very first flighjt I knew I had a freind in this heli. Mine came bl from the start. Later bought a stock one and it also was great out of the box.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Mar 2013
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Best thing to do when heli is new is use good grade hot glue on power leads. Also be easy on these little guys. i know plugs are small, forewarned/ forearmed. If power leads comes off, be easy with it. cusion heli so it doesn't move around and Don't push it. Flux is solder magnet, use it. Make sure iron os hot and use a small iron, not some big unit. Mess up that board going to cost you big time.
The Mini is most stable micro c/p I have flown to date. My very first flighjt I knew I had a freind in this heli. Mine came bl from the start. Later bought a stock one and it also was great out of the box.
I use guitar picks to unplug the battery from the connector. I once did a silly mistake and used a screw driver, which shorted the battery.
eggma is online now Find More Posts by eggma