HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:46 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2008
67 Posts
Minsoo should give a refund! i tried the blackboard, navi then the navi2 - nothing worked well and i spent too much money, effort and time tweaking to no avail.
it's really not stable even the mcfc, ok stable for few seconds but ooooh....
send refund! i'm fed up wasting more time and money for this.

naza almost has the same price but you wont waste time on it. it flies like a charm out of the box.

and this is another one....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=2tvmiuNYDmA
ikotikot is offline Find More Posts by ikotikot
Last edited by ikotikot; Jan 11, 2013 at 06:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:55 AM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,017 Posts
I don't know why you guys are having so many problems. I have the MCFC, and it fly really well. I have noticed that my prop adapters were slighty bent but other then the occasinal bobbing it flys great. and then again I am flying it on a Minsoo frame. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. maybe the boards only like the minsoo frames and ecs's (has his firmware on them) etc. Not sure.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:22 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2009
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
I don't know why you guys are having so many problems. I have the MCFC, and it fly really well. I have noticed that my prop adapters were slighty bent but other then the occasinal bobbing it flys great. and then again I am flying it on a Minsoo frame. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. maybe the boards only like the minsoo frames and ecs's (has his firmware on them) etc. Not sure.
I have a Minsoo frame but changed the ESC from Flycam to Hobbywing and it has flown great since; I'm just editing a full 1080p footage from my MCFC and there is no jelly effect to the video.

I also don't know why some are having problems but I think that Minsoo has done well to try and help with the issues, but like any human he makes mistakes so by being hard on him it will not get anyone anywhere. If my MCFC did not work as well as it has, then I'd have asked for my money back and I'm confident that he would have done a refund.
Njoro is offline Find More Posts by Njoro
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:25 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2008
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoro View Post
I have a Minsoo frame but changed the ESC from Flycam to Hobbywing and it has flown great since; I'm just editing a full 1080p footage from my MCFC and there is no jelly effect to the video.

I also don't know why some are having problems but I think that Minsoo has done well to try and help with the issues, but like any human he makes mistakes so by being hard on him it will not get anyone anywhere. If my MCFC did not work as well as it has then I'd have asked for my money back and I'm confident that he would have done a refund.
i can fly my navi2 well but it's like acro mode......i cannot make it fly stable in the air for sometime like in the video i posted. i wanted to mount a camera that's why i want to fly it steady.
ikotikot is offline Find More Posts by ikotikot
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:34 AM
Registered User
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Sint-Truiden
Joined Jul 2012
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoro
Hi GeO82

That looks great, I've a birthday at the end of this month and she (who must be obeyed) as offered to buy me a frame Kit, I'm thinking of 500 mm or make one; i do need a bit more room any way it will be good to see how yours is getting on in the build.

Regards
For sure let "she" buy you a frame!!hehe you can still build another one after..
I have a Q450 here to but its still packed will get it to work in the summer for trying
some acro flying.
I also made this frame a bit larger to get everything on there and have some room for adding stuff!Hope to get it done soon because after 29 days of rain dint help my mojo


Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
I don't know why you guys are having so many problems. I have the MCFC, and it fly really well. I have noticed that my prop adapters were slighty bent but other then the occasinal bobbing it flys great. and then again I am flying it on a Minsoo frame. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. maybe the boards only like the minsoo frames and ecs's (has his firmware on them) etc. Not sure.
Well its been build and tuned on that frame also the foam around help so you have less turbulence at the tips of the propeller,btw what is the weight of your quad?
Had no problems with the blackboard 2, no problems with the MCFC and my quad
did also fly right of the ground on default settings out of the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikotikot
Minsoo should give a refund! i tried the blackboard, navi then the navi2 - nothing worked well and i spent too much money, effort and time tweaking to no avail.
it's really not stable even the mcfc, ok stable for few seconds but ooooh....
send refund! i'm fed up wasting more time and money for this.

naza almost has the same price but you wont waste time on it. it flies like a charm out of the box.

and this is another one....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=2tvmiuNYDmA
Sorry dude couldnt help it!

but i read you where so happy with your rabbit board, so why you have to post the same things here again making this thread crap to read.
we can read and read also all the problems.We also dont go writee stuff in the naza thread telling how bad i have seen the naza fly in videos!!!So plz go buy the naza so you can stop being frustrating, blow up your blackboard and navi it will make you feel good!!!
Indeed on gps lock you see the quad solid but they also have a better gps module.
On 1min and 1min11s he is hands of and the quad also drifted to the left that doesn't give any better reference.........

Test DJI Naza - Wind gust problems (3 min 2 sec)


dji naza hiccups problem need help (1 min 4 sec)


DJI 550 naza problem Amazing video and a Roll by accident GOPRO2 (6 min 19 sec)


last but not least to make you realy happy!!!look how solid
DJI NAZA with GPS (2 min 23 sec)
GeO82 is offline Find More Posts by GeO82
Last edited by GeO82; Jan 11, 2013 at 10:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:35 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2009
214 Posts
MCFC Stability For FPV.wmv (3 min 5 sec)


So here is a very short video at 1080P unfortunately I found I had a big finger print on the lens and the light wasn’t good but the stability is the key for FPV. I’m not too concerned with return to home, carefree, and follow me modes I don’t think these features are necessary for pure FPV since you are in the cockpit so to speak.
Njoro is offline Find More Posts by Njoro
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:51 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2008
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeO82 View Post
Sorry dude couldnt help it!

but i read you where so happy with your rabbit board, so why you have to post the same things here again making this thread crap to read.
we can read and read also all the problems.We also dont go writee stuff in the naza thread telling how bad i have seen the naza fly in videos!!!So plz go buy the naza so you can stop being frustrating, blow up your blackboard and navi it will make you feel good!!!
Indeed on gps lock you see the quad solid but they also have a better gps module.
On 1min and 1min11s he is hands of and the quad also drifted to the left that doesn't give any better reference.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1SjA8tRb6Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qVY7ytMOTU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP0UvgTV7pA

last but not least to make you realy happy!!!look how solid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsATm...1&feature=fvwp
well i still want to write here and anywhere i want from time to time because i want to share my experience - not to frustrate anyone.
some people would save time and money and not go deal with bad experiences first hand because they came across advices shared by other flyers - that's the intention.
cheers.
ikotikot is offline Find More Posts by ikotikot
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:16 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,017 Posts
Posting experiences is what RCG is all about. Keep posting! we all need to hear the good and the bad about all rc stuff. it helps everyone out.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:32 AM
Registered User
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Sint-Truiden
Joined Jul 2012
72 Posts
yeah true,just I think there is a differences about some of the experience that is shared giving no
value in helping. you are even looking kinda like how other people have so many problems right.
I also did things wrong or electronics that broke, worked it out with minsoo true mail, went all smooth.So ok.

Flycam blackboard - My first board was flying realy well never thought it was gonna be that easy to fly as a noob after reading all the neg post. Then gyro wen bad, that can happen.
Got it exchange for the new MCFC.

Hbking lcdboard - had it ordered in between, great stable cheap board for fun.

Flycam MCFC - Good board, much easier and stabler then the blackboard, fly's just great.
GeO82 is offline Find More Posts by GeO82
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:38 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
warthox's Avatar
Joined Aug 2009
1,690 Posts
i made some more testflights with mcfc on weekend.
baro and acc is working good but gps is bad.
it takes pretty long [~10min] to get a gps fix but the fix is very unstable. i lost fix after lift off and got gps fix after lift off 2 times in air but just for some seconds.
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:08 AM
Registered User
knupps's Avatar
Norway, Vest-Agder, Kristiansand
Joined Feb 2012
46 Posts
For 6 months I tried to get the Navi board to work, but it never performed as I wanted it to do.
Every trip out was a test flight and go home and tweak some more...........

After I got my Naza + GPS, every trip flying is a hexacopter that do the job, every time.

I want to fly, not tweak........
knupps is offline Find More Posts by knupps
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:10 PM
Registered User
quadcopter007fpv's Avatar
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2012
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoro View Post
http://youtu.be/FdiuMkLDmPU

So here is a very short video at 1080P unfortunately I found I had a big finger print on the lens and the light wasnít good but the stability is the key for FPV. Iím not too concerned with return to home, carefree, and follow me modes I donít think these features are necessary for pure FPV since you are in the cockpit so to speak.
sounds like your bird is very heavy , is it agile ?? looks like your test had you almost in a gps lock . how much does it weigh
quadcopter007fpv is offline Find More Posts by quadcopter007fpv
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:24 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2009
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadcopter007fpv View Post
sounds like your bird is very heavy , is it agile ?? looks like your test had you almost in a gps lock . how much does it weigh
You are right that my copter is too heavy, I take you could tell by either the picture or the sound of the motors? I had an excellent GPS lock though out the test, I then tested it FPV at another site, where I first calibrated the GPS and Mag and the FPV flight too was very good with a solid GPS lock; it only took about 20 seconds to lock. The copter weighs 1675g and that means I have to loose some weight; my battery has developed one bad cell which I think caused my first crash. I noticed that the Amps were too high then the copter started a wobble that got worse the higher the throttle. The board is FPVable so I've decided to strip it down to bare bones just Camera and VTX and practice FPV and then mount it all on to a new frame that's at least 450 mm. The crash wasn't too bad I broke one prop and bent my VTX antenna.

Maiden FPV with MCFC
Learner Pilot Quad Copter Maiden Crash (1 min 35 sec)
Njoro is offline Find More Posts by Njoro
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:57 PM
Registered User
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Sint-Truiden
Joined Jul 2012
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoro View Post
You are right that my copter is too heavy, I take you could tell by either the picture or the sound of the motors? I had an excellent GPS lock though out the test, I then tested it FPV at another site, where I first calibrated the GPS and Mag and the FPV flight too was very good with a solid GPS lock; it only took about 20 seconds to lock. The copter weighs 1675g and that means I have to loose some weight; my battery has developed one bad cell which I think caused my first crash. I noticed that the Amps were too high then the copter started a wobble that got worse the higher the throttle. The board is FPVable so I've decided to strip it down to bare bones just Camera and VTX and practice FPV and then mount it all on to a new frame that's at least 450 mm. The crash wasn't too bad I broke one prop and bent my VTX antenna.

Maiden FPV with MCFC
http://youtu.be/4kyKCUVB-mU
Looking good there!!Now you have a next step making it lighter.
GeO82 is offline Find More Posts by GeO82
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:06 PM
Cealapa
Joined Nov 2010
69 Posts
Guys.. You know what is worse in all this, and why maybe is so many people irritated ?
Just take a look back and see haw many people are disappointed, and not one word from Mr Minsoo.
From my parts ther is a word " head down, the sword does not cut it" if You know what this means.
At least if Mr. Minsoo was take his responsibility coming here and tell

"Ok guys, I make mistake, I m human and human make mistake but learn from them. Haw can I help You ?"

may be the situation was different.
But he prove that do not give a sheet about his clients.
And is someone still think that the critics are exaggerated and should help instead.. Yes..I can be agreed to help instead of critics BUT...

Mr. Minsoo get his money, and are loot of money for what the board can do, ok ?
Those money ..we not stealing it, and many of us ,,may be work hard for them, and when I take the money from my clients, I give some warranty, I can not run away day after.
At the time I buy the boards (blueboard, blackboard + all optional) cost me allot + shipping + 120 Ä state taxe.
With those money, I could get (just the best example) Naza and havin 2 Years of fun fly.
Why I do not doing this ?
Because I was not well informed.
This is what we do here, we inform others ..before to buy like we do.
I m not the devil, I m not hate nobody, and the prove is that I m still here trying to solve the problems, hoping that anybody can be happy.
Yes..I m frustrated, but still try get solution and if I manage to fly it well, to help others to, even if I believe will be difficult reading the negatives.
If those controllers was cheaper, maybe we get past more easy, let it go or understand and helping out for developing.
But we are not stupid, right ? So..almost everybody know what a board at that price have to do.

Know..let's pretend that I m Mr.Mincoo..ok ?
I sell You some boards at high price.
But when I ask that price, are 2 reason :

1. because I know what I'm selling, I love my job and I guarantee the quality

2. Just for the money and not give a sheet about the rest

If the Nį1 was the reason, then why passing to another boards, and ignore Your clients ?
This means ...that You know the board was not ok, and overpriced, right ?

And here is the difference between buying from Asia or from ..let say Germany or UK.

I m not so good to English, but I hope I made my point.

My final conclusion ?
If Mr. Minsoo still want to be in the business, not matter if here or in other place (still the info on internet go fast everywhere) ... will be back here to support better his clients.
At least if You see that someone try to do better, and remediate the errors, Yo (client) will discharge some frustration and try to collaborate for the better result.
Only then we can say..."Yeah...we can understand Mr. Minsoo. Let's try be more human".

I will still continuing make some test, and come back with testing result, even if I will get Naza.

Fly safe !
Cosrxn is offline Find More Posts by Cosrxn
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools