HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2010, 09:45 AM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,522 Posts
Except for the fact that most apostles of Jesus's ministry expected the second coming to be allmost immediate or well within their lifetimes.
The fact that it wasn't has produced a constant "the end of the world is nigh" since then.
martin richards is online now Find More Posts by martin richards
Old Aug 26, 2010, 09:52 AM
texas
Joined Oct 2003
130 Posts
They had no idea that God was going to put Israel and her promises on hold for over 2000 years while He brought Gentile believers into the Body of Christ (Church).
Israel still has her earthly blessings in front of her and we as Christians (believers in the Body) still have our heavenly blessings in front of us.
Its not their fault, God just didn't reveal that to them. Same thing when Christ went to that cross. His disciples had no idea He would die and rise on the 3rd day....even though He told them. It was hid from them. All things in due time with God. Same with raising your child. You just don't unload the cares of life on them when they are 5 or 6 years old.
steelfaith1 is offline Find More Posts by steelfaith1
Old Aug 26, 2010, 09:59 AM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,335 Posts
Gerald is offline Find More Posts by Gerald
Last edited by Gerald; Mar 08, 2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:01 AM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,335 Posts
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:20 AM
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,297 Posts
I cant help but wonder...If the jews are really the chosen people, why they have suffer so much trough history? exiles, slavery, ghettos, pogroms, the holocaust,terrorism etc...
I think that being God's favorites has few advantages.....just saying.
yucafrita is offline Find More Posts by yucafrita
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:19 AM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Funny story:
Haha very good

Dusty
Dusty1000 is online now Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:26 AM
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yucafrita View Post
I cant help but wonder...If the jews are really the chosen people, why they have suffer so much trough history? exiles, slavery, ghettos, pogroms, the holocaust,terrorism etc...
I think that being God's favorites has few advantages.....just saying.
You forgot to mention the trauma of being deprived of ham, pork, BACON and shellfish!
Bob HSG is online now Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:50 AM
texas
Joined Oct 2003
130 Posts
I know Christ, Jefferson didn't....that gives me the upper hand. Having Faith means believing what God wrote in the Bible. You can't please Him without Faith.

Christ's death and resurrection was hidden from the disciples...to be revealed later.
Their writings, even though written to the Jews living under the Law, were still inspired by God the Holy Spirit.

Under the old testament ecomomy, the Hebrew children received many blessings. When they obeyed He blessed them. When they whored out after false gods, He removed them from the Promised Land.....so, it was a 2 way street. The last time they were kicked off their land was due to their involvement in the death of Christ. "Let His blood be upon us and our children" was what they told Him. Hence they suffered for that move for over 2000 years.

Jewish kosher laws have no effect on the salvation of the Jews today. Abstaining from bacon never got anybody into heaven in this Age of Grace. For the past 2000 years, for Jew and Gentile alike, salvation is based on your Faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:52 AM
United Kingdom, Wales, Blaenau Ffestiniog
Joined Feb 2005
1,847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfaith1 View Post
I know Christ, Jefferson didn't....that gives me the upper hand. Having Faith means believing what God wrote in the Bible. You can't please Him without Faith.

Christ's death and resurrection was hidden from the disciples...to be revealed later.
Their writings, even though written to the Jews living under the Law, were still inspired by God the Holy Spirit.

Under the old testament ecomomy, the Hebrew children received many blessings. When they obeyed He blessed them. When they whored out after false gods, He removed them from the Promised Land.....so, it was a 2 way street. The last time they were kicked off their land was due to their involvement in the death of Christ. "Let His blood be upon us and our children" was what they told Him. Hence they suffered for that move for over 2000 years.
Jewish kosher laws have no effect on the salvation of the Jews today. Abstaining from bacon never got anybody into heaven. For the past 2000 years, for Jew and Gentile alike, salvation is based on your Faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.
Just supposing that all of that is so - what was happening to the Mongolians at that precise moment - or the Aztecs - or the Inuit ?
ENGINETORQUE is online now Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:55 AM
God is good
Banjul
Joined Jan 2001
4,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdirt View Post
Jehovah's Witnesses believe that it is the Christian's duty to remain "neutral" during warfare.
Jehovah's Witnesses believe lots of untruths.
Viper Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Viper Pilot
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:56 AM
United Kingdom, Wales, Blaenau Ffestiniog
Joined Feb 2005
1,847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Pilot View Post
Jehovah's Witnesses believe lots of untruths.
Jehovah's Witnesses believe that their version of Christianity is 'the truth'

Now one of you two is plain wrong it seems
ENGINETORQUE is online now Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:57 AM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfaith1 View Post
I know Christ
Oh good. Can you please ask him the following questions about Noah's Ark then let us know what he says?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
1) There is a finite amount of water on this planet. Water evaporates, forms clouds, then once again falls to the earth in the form of rain. Where do you suppose all this extra water that would have been needed to raise sea levels by 30,000 feet came from? Then when the flood 'receded', where did the water go?

2) How do you suppose all the millions of species of animals from all the continents made their way to the Ark? And once there, queuing up two by two to get on-board , what stopped them from eating each other? Did God not give them free will also?

3) What size do you think this Ark was? It must have been pretty big to be able to hold these millions of species, not to mention enough food and water for them all, for 40 days and 40 nights. Glasgow used to be famous for ship building before the days when man became able to build bigger ships than could fit in the River Clyde. But that was within the last century. All Noah would have had to build his Ark was wood. What about the shipyard that would have been needed to build such a colossal vessel?
Dusty1000 is online now Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Aug 26, 2010, 12:03 PM
God is good
Banjul
Joined Jan 2001
4,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby View Post
Sounds like something that would appeal to VP....

imgumby
Wh y do you say that?
Viper Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Viper Pilot
Old Aug 26, 2010, 12:11 PM
texas
Joined Oct 2003
130 Posts
Christian duty is to protect your loved ones and yourself...in times of war and in times of self defense. Remember Jesus told His disciples to take the sword....not for conversion, but for self defense. Jehovah witnesses are still wrong on many issues, thats why i view them as a cult.

I don't have a hotline to Christ. I read His Word and find His Truth. My thoughts on Noah have nothing at all to do with my Salvation. We, as Christians, can disagree on many things, but never on our Faith in His death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.
1.Bible says the water was stored "in the deep"....under the land i presume.
2.Is it any harder to get animals on a boat than it is to turn water into wine? What takes the most of God's power is saving us from our sins. There is more power involved in that Act than the power required to create the entire universe. Yes, salvation is that hard and that important to God. Men and women have free will....animals operate by the law of instinct. Some people have suggested the animals onboard were young and in a dormant state. Its not till After the flood that animals and us are given the right to eat each other....humans excluded of course.
3.Size of the ark is in the Bible......Noah's Ark was three stories high (Genesis 6:16). Its total deck area was equivalent to the area of about 20 standard college basketball courts or 36 lawn tennis courts. The world had to wait until AD 1884 before the Ark's size was exceeded, when the Italian liner Eturia was built. http://www.creationtips.com/arksize.html
Old Aug 26, 2010, 01:35 PM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,335 Posts