|Dec 22, 2013, 09:21 PM|
Joined Dec 2013
throttle hold set up
I'm new in this forum and looking for help on the above....... I'm trying to set up the throttle hold for my gasser helicopter on the /airtronics RDS8000
Thank you in advance on this metter
|Dec 23, 2013, 03:02 PM|
Here is a general guide: (sorry I don't have that radio)
1. Power up the radio and heli, start the engine.
2. With the trim, make sure the engine settles into a reliable idle, but the clutch is NOT engaging and making the blades turn. Make a note of the trim position.
3. Shut off the motor, and return the trim to the reliable idle position. LEAVE THE ENGINE OFF.
4. With everything powered up but the engine off, make sure that when you flip the throttle hold switch, the servo barely moves from the reliable idle position. If it moves any, it should OPEN slightly. If it closes, adjust your throttle hold number until it does not move, or just opens slightly.
5. With the throttle hold active, move the throttle/collective stick to make sure the throttle servo DOES NOT move.
5. When you are comfortable with the programming, start the engine and set the helicopter on the ground, away from any obstacles.
6. Flip the switch and make sure the engine is still idling reliably.
7. VERY CAREFULLY, move the throttle/collective pitch to confirm the throttle servo is NOT moving.
Edit: I found a manual for your radio:
Starting on page 67, follow the instructions to set up Flight Mode 3. It looks from the manual that if you already have something programmed on FM3 than you won't have Throttle Hold.
What I do is to basically copy my aerobatic/3D pitch curve, but I give it a flat throttle curve at a constant number that will give me reliable idle. Typically somewhere between 5 and 10. Zero being engine shut-off.
|Dec 25, 2013, 12:32 PM|
Joined Dec 2013
Hello Rafael, thank you for your help, this is great..............Happy Holidays
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Question||Throttle hold set-up question for Devo 8||RM3Studios||Micro Helis||4||Mar 04, 2012 11:07 PM|
|Discussion||Set up throttle hold?||ripmax||Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric)||4||Dec 02, 2011 01:15 PM|
|Discussion||DX6i settings to enable Idle Up and Throttle Hold an ANY sim.||grnbrg||Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric)||2||Jun 14, 2010 09:50 AM|
|Help!||Futaba 10c throttle hold set up?||nooobolocity||Radios||3||Jul 21, 2009 01:36 PM|
|Discussion||Setting up the Spektrum DX6 for Throttle Hold (Heli)||HavingFun2002||Radios||2||Sep 03, 2006 01:00 AM|