HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2013, 01:24 PM
Joined Aug 2013
10 Posts
Build Log
1/4+ scale curtiss jenny German machine guns!

Hey everybody! Thanks for having me. Please hang tight with me, as I am still trying to figure out how to operate this site? Anyway here it is 1/4+ scale curtiss jenny with german machine guns. the history of this has some credit including past family stories from a great,great uncle who was a ww1 pilot ALso some old photos Im working on retreiving . Well, special thanks to all of you for a great deal of your knowledge, Information and unknown help. A little back ground about this on going project so far. I have always had great interest in flying, history, to mention a few. I became wheel chair burdened a few years back and decided to get buisy with something that I would enjoy then let it chellange me WOW! you guys are good ! this reminds me of my schooling days. It just never ends. Anyway For the specs wingspan 144" length 82" 35lbs? so far. build materials you name it. Frome convenient store sippy straws to to my own DNA Will tell that story later. Alot of salvage and recycled material ,Beyond a tight living budjet (couldnt, wouldnt let it stop me though.} Its pretty bad when you go shopping for food and find your selecting for packedging as well. So for know heres some pics for now. I will be needing alot of help, advise, input etc,etc in the near future. In the meantime the res. Oh! I forgot! I have buit this so far with no plans and absolutly no poweearch and work must continue. Oh! I fogot! this machine has been buit with no plans and no power tools what so ever { im poor} but humble. the drawings you see in som of the photos just got here .vandornanita@yahoo.com
michael quillan is offline Find More Posts by michael quillan
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:10 AM
Italy, Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol, TN
Joined Dec 2012
4 Posts
Hi Michael,
Congratulations for the model !. It is very realistic. Indeed a great job.
What tipe of kit is it ?
aero_max is offline Find More Posts by aero_max
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:38 AM
Joined Aug 2013
10 Posts
Hi aero_max Thank you. No kit and no plans I have no money I am disabled. Every thing is scratch built with the following exceptions, The prop is xzoar 24/10 to scale Wheels are dubro modified a little 7", and the machine guns started with williams brothers. the rear gun sight, ammo belt clips, brass deflector trays and stuff I built using alot of reasearch. As you might notice I have no turnbuckles. Too exspensive! cant afford. I made my own plans with a lot of heavy research using real jenny build and period details combined with scale modifications to fly. I used a lot of fabricated scrap and recycled materials incorporated with much imagination I have no power tools not even a drill, Ouch. Almost ready to cover but cant afford to now. P.S. In some of the pics you see drawn plans. they came from Cleavland kit cutters. I got these after I built to this far so that I could compare and see how far off mine is. Im going to be needing a lot of pointers, direction and guidance from this point on. You are the people with the knowledge and experience I must continue to learn and apply,Thus It will become our project not just mine Thank you again.
michael quillan is offline Find More Posts by michael quillan