HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:06 PM
17 years on RCG!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 1996
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelloggair View Post
hey jason any suggestions on battery options? my lhs seems to be dragging their feet on batterys for this
Hello kelloggair,

Just checked the weekly report and see that there are indeed plenty of batteries still in stock at the distribution warehouse (in Lincoln, NE) so your LHS should be able to order and get some there in just a few days time if you let them know you need them
Jason M is offline Find More Posts by Jason M
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:54 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman View Post
Can you possibly type out the instructions, or post a larger image? I can't read the text.

I have someone on YouTube asking me about enabling Mode 4 for this as well. Kinda shocked to hear that it may be possible.

I highly recommend that people get used to Mode 2 though, if they plan on continuing on with 4ch RCs. Using Mode 4 will just teach you bad habits. heh
Here ya go:

MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:14 PM
centennial/aurora colorado
Joined Mar 2008
1,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
Hello kelloggair,

Just checked the weekly report and see that there are indeed plenty of batteries still in stock at the distribution warehouse (in Lincoln, NE) so your LHS should be able to order and get some there in just a few days time if you let them know you need them
HMMM, they keep telling me they are on back order until jan? this is a little dissapointing i love to support them but i might just have to order them from elsewhere
kelloggair is offline Find More Posts by kelloggair
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:54 AM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Here ya go:

Great, thank you.

Love the Engrish too! hahaha
theimacman is offline Find More Posts by theimacman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My review of the SJ991 LED...
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:06 PM
Joined Sep 2008
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelloggair View Post
HMMM, they keep telling me they are on back order until jan? this is a little dissapointing i love to support them but i might just have to order them from elsewhere
kelloggair I take care of Ethos sales to the HobbyTown stores. I will give Frank a call Wednesday and make sure that he gets some batteries in the store. I could do it sooner but our office is closed until Wednesday due to the New years holiday.
huskerfreak is offline Find More Posts by huskerfreak
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:09 AM
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Jun 2009
173 Posts
Jason, off the top of your head would you have the voltage and suggested amp ratings for the extra jack? I want to do some tinkering but don't want to damage my new toy.

v/r
Andrew
timmins02 is offline Find More Posts by timmins02
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Timmons02, it would be 3.7vdc and whatever amperage you ain't using. The stock battery is rated for 4.2amps so take an amp draw on the entire system when its full tilt, subtract that from 4.2, and your availability is whatever's left.
cfry1984 is offline Find More Posts by cfry1984
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:48 AM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Jason, just wanted to say, you got a great toy here! Though, after messing with the radio for three seconds, I busted out the soldering iron and took out that damn beep generator! Too loud, too annoying, wayyy unnecessary.

Also thinking of adding an expander board with a 2 channel receiver powered from your spare jack, upping the battery to a 600mAh, putting a micro video camera on the front with a cloth hinge on the bottom, using one of my channels to toggle power to the camera, the other will be a slider going to an ESC running a thin muscle wire I'll have between the top of the camera and the frame somewhere to control up/down tilt.

Added it all up, my modifications including upgraded battery will only add roughly 30 grams total to the bird, I'll mount the secondary transmitter inside the stock radio and cut my toggle switch and slider into it so it will be fully integrated.

This is me spit balling, thoughts?
cfry1984 is offline Find More Posts by cfry1984
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:51 PM
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Feb 2011
147 Posts
Is there any connecter out there that I could buy to make a charge lead for my regular charger. I love to fly this little guy however, the charging is just to long a wait for me
Hoopsta17_99 is offline Find More Posts by Hoopsta17_99
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:10 PM
centennial/aurora colorado
Joined Mar 2008
1,358 Posts
so i went ahead and whipped up a little light for it, just a flashing white led for now while i wait for the light kit pics to follow soon
kelloggair is offline Find More Posts by kelloggair
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:18 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsta17_99 View Post
Is there any connecter out there that I could buy to make a charge lead for my regular charger. I love to fly this little guy however, the charging is just to long a wait for me
http://www.massiverc.com/PrestaShop/...connector.html
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:55 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
1,661 Posts
So, just for kicks, I took my Ethos out in the 20mph wind today to see if it could handle it... it took a lot of stick work, but the Ethos stayed very stable and controllable! Video coming soon...
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:00 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,504 Posts
It's nice to see you guys venturing out into the wind. Windsurfing is fun with quads!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:01 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
question

Bought one of these for my son for Christmas and he is loving it. Already made one trip back to the store for a few repair parts (an unfortunate incident concerning the quad and a bird cage lol).

The question I have is this: Tonight the quad started acting very strange - like it had a mind of its own. It will zig and zag with no input from the controller. I unplugged the battery, made sure to plug it in while flat and level. Is there something else to do or is it broken? It's pretty much unflyable as it is now.

Thanks
GP
LameCooter is offline Find More Posts by LameCooter
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:40 AM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
1,661 Posts
The little quad that could:

Ares Ethos QX 75 Quadcopter - Outdoors In 20MPH Wind! (1 min 48 sec)
RCG Plus Member