HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2014, 02:45 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
6,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Martins View Post
Several things are not working well for me.

Trying to update the MWC Arduino file to turn off ESC calibration by uncommenting the "all ESC" lines. I added the two "//" in front of the last two lines. See screen shot no.1.

When I "verify/compile" I get the following errors, see screen shot no.2.

When I open MultiWiiConf, my quad is in the "+" config and not "x". See screen shot no.3.

Also Quad is off by 106 degrees to the west. I have the MAG set at 15.3 for Eugene, OR, USA. Not sure why the heading is -106 degrees.

A couple shots of my quad to show orientation of the GPS sensor in relation to the MWC board.

I calibrate the Acro Gyro, Stable ACC and MAG every time I power up the board.

Any input would be welcome.

If anyone has a good sketch that I can download, I would appreciate it. I will uncomment proper lines as needed. i.e. QuadX, in tools Atmega 2560, serial port 3 etc.

Thank you,

Bill
Lot of point to address first.

He guy show MW 2.1 and plus configuation, since this is the 'factory' configuration of your board (or the conf of previous owner), since you got arduino error at compile, you still did not update the firmware on it, nor you put your desired vonfig on it

Mag declination is at firmware level, you need to set in config.h .. mag calibration, is not like acc or gyro, you need to move the copter in 3d all the possible angle inclination, so multiple 360 rotation of your quad are needed .. that can be a pain if you have a cabke stick to it ... aslo you want to do in a place free from mag noise .. so ideally outside, even if I also still do indoor

About your compilation error.

I think possibly you have not specify in the arduino configuration the board and the serial port to be used ...

Then you need to go into original multiwii 2.2 or 2.3 (I cant suggest for now which is better between the two) .. and then follow config.h and edit the part needed for your configuration ... in the witespy web site, under EZ v2 you can also download a pre-cooked multiwiu code, so maybe it will be a faster start then not follow some process on many page #1 here in RCG
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2014, 05:31 AM
Australia, NSW, Springwood
Joined Dec 2012
317 Posts
Bill, only the last 'ESC Calib Cannot Fly' line has to be commented out. Leave the rest 'active' as they are probably referred to in other parts of the code during compilation and may be the reason for the errors.

I've used both MW 2.2 and 2.3 (main and latest Dev version) and notice a definite improvement to stability and 'snap' in movements with 2.3. Also, 2.3 allows you to adjust min throttle and declination via the MWConfig utility which makes life a little easier for setup. I also really like the dynamic balance mode available in 2.3 which lets me balance my motors individually.

While you're amending the code, don't forget to amend your Gyro LPF to 42hz. It's a good starting point which might result in immediate stable flight. The how-to guide suggests testing each LPF downwards, but I've had two of these Pro boards now in different quads and 42hz worked well in both. No need for the 'Moving Average Vectors' function with 42hz LPF, but you can enable this later if you think you need even more gyro filtering.
ZaksterBlue is offline Find More Posts by ZaksterBlue
Last edited by ZaksterBlue; Mar 11, 2014 at 05:37 AM.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:40 AM
Joined May 2011
23 Posts
mpng flash tool

he guys been reading this for a while did flash the board with mpNG from thread
but just being stubborn wanted more......... (foolish me newer version being an IT Guy)
any way saw the mega-pirate flash tool worked great !! first shot with gps had to change radio setting to get it to read but the throt and arie are wrong other than changing in transmitter/wire connection is there a way to get the code off the board ? also have Bluetooth and minimosd coming what/ how do I conf that. been messing with Arduino for a month now can go back and forth from multiwii gui\wingui \megapirateNG but really like the mission planer gui any ideas ?

thanks
DRUMSZ is offline Find More Posts by DRUMSZ
Old Mar 22, 2014, 01:24 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
6,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUMSZ View Post
he guys been reading this for a while did flash the board with mpNG from thread
but just being stubborn wanted more......... (foolish me newer version being an IT Guy)
any way saw the mega-pirate flash tool worked great !! first shot with gps had to change radio setting to get it to read but the throt and arie are wrong other than changing in transmitter/wire connection is there a way to get the code off the board ? also have Bluetooth and minimosd coming what/ how do I conf that. been messing with Arduino for a month now can go back and forth from multiwii gui\wingui \megapirateNG but really like the mission planer gui any ideas ?

thanks
I don't get what you want to do

If you want to take a back up of flash and eprom for quickly change between mpng and mwii, then all you need is extreme burner and load and save the content of flash and eeprom from/to a file ... this board has 6pin AVR ISP these need to be used with extreme burner plus a USBasp programmme(software is freewae, HW cost 3$)
Old Mar 22, 2014, 10:19 AM
Joined May 2011
23 Posts
Thanks e_Im_70

sorry was late when I typed that
hoping that I could just add the Bluetooth and Minimosd by not compiling any new sketch file
after I used the pirateng burn-tool was just so easy and it worked but how would I and the modules to the board now.
hope that's better

Thanx
Old Mar 22, 2014, 11:45 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
6,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUMSZ View Post
Thanks e_Im_70

sorry was late when I typed that
hoping that I could just add the Bluetooth and Minimosd by not compiling any new sketch file
after I used the pirateng burn-tool was just so easy and it worked but how would I and the modules to the board now.
hope that's better

Thanx
Add bluetooth is simple .. just plug it on USRT0 ... about minimosd ... I think this need to go on USRT3, but you need also to properly configure it by updating multiwii code ...

If you are on MPNG, then I don't know where OSD should go ... you can check on MPNG thread for this board
Old Mar 22, 2014, 01:07 PM
Joined May 2011
23 Posts
Thanx for the help yea I guess I need to config stuff in sketch
to bad no option in the mpng flashtool for those other boards

Thanks again
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:24 AM
Joined Mar 2014
2 Posts
MultiWii Pro w/MT from HK not work.Help

Hi,i`m new from Poland.I Fly SW1900 (YT :tsuki461)
I bought controller Multiwii Pro with GPS MTK. After several attempts by the Arduino 1.0.5 I uploaded the settings Multiwii 2.1 (or 2.2). Yesterday was the first flight.After flying plugged the controller by Multiwii GUI (Win 7.64-bit) Earlier, I used and I changed the port COM10.Now MW GUI reports "Error device not responding. Please check if you selected the right com port". Connect the cables from the set (HTC). On the controller board several times the red light blinks "arm-dis-arm" then blank.Flash constantly LEDs below the S-Bus: blue and red. Once flashes blue mini-LED on the right at the bottom of the page. Has anyone already had to deal with this? Please help me. Thank you in advance.
Jaca64 is offline Find More Posts by Jaca64