HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2014, 01:15 PM
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Jul 2013
356 Posts
I found the Mqx lost in the tree for the second time, now It just needs to either fall out or out comes the ladder & pole this afternoon. At least I could see it this time to attempt to get her out. Bet the battery is toast after this period of being left on for days, it still charged up to 60% of the original charge & flew for 6 minutes vs 10 when new. News @ 12:00.

I fly this thing out in the country every day it doesn't rain or hi winds blow. The top is long gone, it is regularly flown out to 100 + meters & sometimes 200 meters in altitude. The front starboard motor burned out last year & totally quit, so it was replaced. One arm was crashed & destroyed during learning; all the props have been changed, but the rest is original!
FloridaAKM is offline Find More Posts by FloridaAKM
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2014, 01:39 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
5,546 Posts
Canopy is very fragile. Mine came with a extra new one. Old one went on V929/ new one on MQX. Now has several clear tape repais but still looks ok. I replaced two props as they were beat up when I got it. I flew new 180QX and it was very smooth. MQX is fine for me.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Feb 27, 2014, 04:22 AM
United Kingdom, England, Yateley
Joined Feb 2014
40 Posts
Dear Folks,

I've enjoyed reading this thread - I'm about to order a DJI F450 but as I've never flown a quad before, as forum member suggested that I try a Blade MQX so as to get some experience.

I would like to use the DJi DT7 Radio - will this work OK?

Is there a well respected retailer in UK that anyone would suggest?

Regards

ANDREW (Yateley, UK)
adchesney is online now Find More Posts by adchesney
Old Feb 27, 2014, 08:02 AM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adchesney View Post
Dear Folks,

I've enjoyed reading this thread - I'm about to order a DJI F450 but as I've never flown a quad before, as forum member suggested that I try a Blade MQX so as to get some experience.

I would like to use the DJi DT7 Radio - will this work OK?

Is there a well respected retailer in UK that anyone would suggest?

Regards

ANDREW (Yateley, UK)

Hi Andrew
I think you would enjoy the mQX, but they are not currently produced. They have been replaced by a camera ready version called 180QX that also has an improved more capable flight controller board. You may find a few mQX at a local hobby shop or online at Amazon or EBay.

Your other question about radio compatibility is unfortunately going to be negative. All Horizon Hobby/E-Flite/Blade 2.4 Ghz radios are compatible with each other and use a DSMX or DSM2 protocol. DJI is using it's own proprietary protocol that may be closer to Futaba type protocols but probably not interchangeable. If you go the EBay route look for a RTF package mQX or 180 QX. It will come with a cheap transmitter that will work fine, if not with all the screen/computer controlled options that the Spektrum DX6,8,9,18 would have.

If you can find one at a reasonable price I would highly recommend the mQX or newer 180 QX.
John
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner