3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghjghj96 View Post
there ya go

Quote:
HANGAR FIRE!!!

plasti-dip incident 1

i was getting my hobbyzone super cub ready for float flying, so i was plasti-dipping all of the electronics and the connections. well when i was dipping the reciver, the silicon around the antenna wires came off. so i just put some shrink tubing on it, and used a lighter to light it, sitting right next to the open can of plastidip. this caused the plastidip to ignite, and my plane caught on fire, (in the middle of the basement, surrounded by paper and boxes) so i kinda just stared at it for a second like uuuuuhhhhh..... but then i tried to blow it out, but that made it worse so i carried the burning plane in one hand, and the burning can of plastidip in the other hand. kicked the door open and stopmed it out. anyways the fuse is like a cross section of the plane, only half of it is there, the floats are warped. even with the fusealage severely melted and half of it missing, im still going to try and fly it luckily the motor+esc is fine, so is the wing and tail, but i think te servos are toast. well i have no flyable planes now, so i dunno what im gonna do till i get them fixed. its gonna cost close to $100 to repair it. it was an interesting experience!

pics to follow.
Quote:
boy it was a hot fire. it melted the solder off my leds, and melted the silicon off the servo wires THEN burned the silicon off the servo wires, leaving bare, clean wire. there is a huge hole in the fuse,
it would make a good cross section model the reciver is burned to a blackened crisp. i wouldve still flown without half the fuse, but the electronics were fried. (punpunpun) probably good they were burnt, probably wouldve broke more trying to fly

Holy freaking moly !! That scared me and i wasnt even there !!! Sure glad the house didnt catch on fire.
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
to remove ads between posts