HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BRENDAN LUGO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:57 AM
How close are those trees?
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcbflyer View Post
Yes I will work, but only if you have windows installed on your Mac......
Ok cool.

Will load it through Windows/VB.

Cheers!
Goody63 is online now Find More Posts by Goody63
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:33 PM
Graham Dyer
Johannesburg, South Africa
Joined Jul 2003
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
That's the million dollar question isn't it.
All the goodies in a refined A9.2.0.
I really wish they would package all of this in more channels.
Where did the rumour start for the "next" radio?
pardus is offline Find More Posts by pardus
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:26 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pardus View Post
Where did the rumour start for the "next" radio?
Several versions seen on various forums circa April2012 e.g.
. "He said an Aurora 9 replacement was due out in the third quarter of 2012.
. New model Aurora 9?

Will not be seen in retail stores this year.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Oct 06, 2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: correct url
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:11 AM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,079 Posts
Unless it's still module based, I'll pass. I like being able to change out modules, and use my spektrum module as well.
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:42 PM
Joined Jan 2012
5 Posts
Still desire for RSSI

Receive signal indicator, RSSI.
I desire for it, the telemetry is fukctional, the signal is present in the receiver, so why not to send the RSSI value to the transmitter? ... I was looking forward to FW 1.09, I am frustrated now, RSSI still is not!!!
Woita is offline Find More Posts by Woita
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:41 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woita View Post
I desire for it, the telemetry is fukctional, the signal is present in the receiver, so why not to send the RSSI value to the transmitter? ... I was looking forward to FW 1.09, I am frustrated now, RSSI still is not!!!
I share the view
peter1207 is offline Find More Posts by peter1207
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:40 AM
Česká republika, Hlavní město Praha, Praha
Joined Jan 2007
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woita View Post
I'll guess the reason..

Customers might be frustrated when their RSSI info goes too much low - that is maybe the reason.

As far as I know, for example JETI's Duplex guys can see changing RSSI for both antennas during flight and in some cases, signal goes very, very low but communication is still reliable (and maybe sometimes not :-) ).

If Hitec provides this information to customer, it may escalate to big discussion about one/two antennas, systems comparison, reliability and maybe in lost of confidence into AFHSS. Personally I think, that it is better to keep this information in secret. At least for Hitec. When everything works, there is no need to stress pilot during flight.

I would not be surprised, if Hitec switch to the new concept in near future. Lack of tiny firmware update (one year ?!) speaks for itself.
warhawk.cz is offline Find More Posts by warhawk.cz
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:05 PM
Camas, WA
Joined Nov 2002
113 Posts
motor to motor p-mix

I need the system to allow motor to motor p-mix so that I can launch an F5B glider at 50% power. Idle down will only allow 25% approx. Futaba allows motor to motor. What is the big deal? What harm could you do?
Paint Man is offline Find More Posts by Paint Man
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:20 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Man View Post
I need the system to allow motor to motor p-mix so that I can launch an F5B glider at 50% power. Idle down will only allow 25% approx. Futaba allows motor to motor. What is the big deal? What harm could you do?
Crosspost answered under Radio forum, by Mike, as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
You could try assigning an AUX channel to a switch and then P-mixing it. Mike.
Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:45 PM
D-32052 Herford (NRW) germany
Joined Jun 2009
38 Posts
Hello,

RPM Phasensensor and or more ratio for the A9 RMP menu

bye
jbartels is offline Find More Posts by jbartels
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:13 PM
Camas, WA
Joined Nov 2002
113 Posts
F5B plane needs 50% throttle on switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
Crosspost answered under Radio forum, by Mike, as follows:

Alan T.
That is a good idea, but I cannot make it work. Remember I am on Glider program. When I do the pmix as suggested it just takes me to a throttle curve that I cannot make affect the motor. Please tell me how to make it do the 50% throttle on a switch with this pmix.
Paint Man is offline Find More Posts by Paint Man
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:39 PM
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Apr 2006
101 Posts
Not in retail stores, but will we see it at a trade show? I love my A9 but am seriously thinking about upgrading by the first quarter of next year, and would like to know if I'm staying with Hitec or not.... I sure hope the new radio will be competitive with radios the higher end radio's like the DX18, JR's and Futaba's.

Another 2 cents for features: Strictly from an ergonomics perspective, I'd like to see a fixed set of antennas like the DX18, a display like either the JR11x or higher end Futaba. Also, if a module based system is going to be maintained, please put the cable in a channel within the back to keep it from getting snagged. I would also keep the external access to stick adjustments. and the side mounted sliders. And above all keep the touch screen - that's a huge discriminator from other radios in this class.

Niceties... include the voice telemetry in the transmitter, integrate enhanced basic telemetry into next gen receivers (but keep downward compatibility), micro or standard sd card updates, and wireless bluetooth or other telemetry with iPhone/Android/laptop receivers.
cloudsplitter is offline Find More Posts by cloudsplitter
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:42 AM
Joined Apr 2012
39 Posts
I guess if we are also talking hardware (I know, this is sw wish list), I'd like to put a few in here, not all new though.

Make the internal battery connector standard 2S JST-XH. No need to hunt for connectors if you want to use a lipo. No problem for NiMH either, and it's a bit better keyed to avoid wrong polarity.

Oh, well, actually I would rather like a modern battery technology right out of the box. A li-ion battery with a plug-in charger like laptops etc. Or at least a fast and automatic charger for the NiMH. You get better battery/charger technologies in toys that cost a few dollars. Hitec is not alone with this, and I really wonder what's going on in the RC industry that's so well known for cutting edge battery and charger technologies at the other end of the radio link.

A software idea, maybe not enough well thought, but it has crossed my mind several times. Why do we need separate acro and glider modes? So many people fly gliders with acro and vice versa as they need specific features from the "other" side, and then have to make a lot of compromises. Why not just offer the different mixes all together, use what you need for a specific plane. Or, offer a more free-form programming option so you don't need as much workarounds.

Enable the user to bind the extra trims to whatever they want, like any mix ratio.

Enable the user to select whatever input pot or switch for whatever function or mix. For example, there should be no reason to say the butterfly is thro only.

In general, the technology is already good, just let us do what we want with it.

Mika
FlyerMika is offline Find More Posts by FlyerMika
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:31 PM
Australia, SA, Modbury Heights
Joined Feb 2012
853 Posts
I'd like to see something akin to Spektrum's model match system, having the rx's bound to the selected model rather than just the tx. I stuck an electric glider in a tree with 15 minutes of arriving at the field one day (hour drive from home). I couldn't use any of the other planes I bought along with me because the stuck glider was still responding to controls.

That was that day of flying cut very short. It was still live the next day when the local council bought a crane down to rescue it for me! I would have had to have been flying a good few km away to avoid interference and running the motor into the branches and overloading the esc/lipo.
Socratous is offline Find More Posts by Socratous
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:21 PM
Winnipeg, Canada
Joined Jul 2006
90 Posts
I'd like to mention again, let's have full flap travel available with bfly mix and able to select control ie .th or slider.
EK
ekletke is offline Find More Posts by ekletke