HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Which quadrocopters and/or tricopters do you fly?
Aeroquad 207 7.44%
Alien Jump Jet 48 1.72%
Alien Saucer 34 1.22%
Draganflyer DF-IV 33 1.19%
Draganflyer DF-V TI 23 0.83%
Draganflyer Experimental Brushless (Spectrolutions) 39 1.40%
Draganflyer X6 32 1.15%
Quadpowered 228 8.19%
Microdrone 28 1.01%
Mikrokopter V1.0-ME 102 3.67%
Mikrokopter V1.0-ME with NAVI 192 6.90%
Mini-Mixer quadrocopter 29 1.04%
Mini-Mixer tricopter 27 0.97%
Self-build quadrocopter flight board/firmware 1,220 43.84%
Self-build tricopter flight board/firmware 671 24.11%
UAVP 73 2.62%
UAVP-NG 26 0.93%
UAVX 73 2.62%
Walkera UFO #4 32 1.15%
Walkera UFO #5 46 1.65%
Walkera UFO #8 39 1.40%
X-BL 29 1.04%
X-BL FunPilot 25 0.90%
X-BL Autopilot, ReasearchPilot, Hornet, Hummingbird, Falcon 14 0.50%
X-UFO 64 2.30%
Y-UFO LA Heli 24 0.86%
Y-UAVP 17 0.61%
Y-UAVX 28 1.01%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2783. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by jesolins, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 02, 2013, 02:14 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
10,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsfishi View Post
hey guys here is a vid of my tri, I havnt posted before but thanks to all you guys I have learned a lot from reading all your posts cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVhAscw3RS8
Excellent, Itsfishi! Beautiful location and very good flying. More Video! And some close ups of your build.
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2013, 04:53 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsfishi View Post
hey guys here is a vid of my tri, I havnt posted before but thanks to all you guys I have learned a lot from reading all your posts cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVhAscw3RS8
What FC you use??
FlyingMcCoy is online now Find More Posts by FlyingMcCoy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 03, 2013, 03:55 PM
Joined Apr 2010
13 Posts
Cheers. Using kk2. V1.5 Will try get some shots for you later today.
itsfishi is offline Find More Posts by itsfishi
Old Jun 03, 2013, 09:43 PM
Joined Apr 2010
13 Posts
here are shots. no more vids until repaired lol
kk2 v1.5
plush 30amp esc
turnigy 2836 950kv
10 x 4.7 sf props
vid is on 3s but I fly it on 2s too just cause I got lots of 2s batts and only a couple 3s
itsfishi is offline Find More Posts by itsfishi
Old Jun 18, 2013, 03:15 AM
United States, NY, Huntington Station
Joined May 2012
1,646 Posts
Why is this thread sticky? Why only quad and tri, but not hexa or octo? This thread doesn't seem to serve any particular purpose other than a mix of everyone's quad and tri... It's like a whole forum in a single thread.
chuenwe is offline Find More Posts by chuenwe
Old Jun 18, 2013, 04:53 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,279 Posts
Hi C,
The Mega Multicopter Info Link Index is in the first page and is the main focus of this thread. A quad and tricopter build is the basic multicopter format and most would start learning with those builds. Much of the data in the links and most of the build TIPs and lessons learned and of course the safety TIPs do apply to the hexa and octo and more configurations. So yes you can get the information you need to be successful in those builds as well. The information was gathered from over 10 years of multicopter builds and experience. Also please do note that there is a Project Quads/Hexas/Octos indexed section As to why it is a sticky, I guess the majority opinion is that it is helpful as it was intended to be...
Fly safe.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuenwe View Post
Why is this thread sticky? Why only quad and tri, but not hexa or octo? This thread doesn't seem to serve any particular purpose other than a mix of everyone's quad and tri... It's like a whole forum in a single thread.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Jun 18, 2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 01:01 AM
Wow That's Cool!
Bay Area, CA
Joined Nov 2004
2,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi C,
The Mega Multicopter Info Link Index is in the first page and is the main focus of this thread. A quad and tricopter build is the basic multicopter format and most would start learning with those builds. Much of the data in the links and most of the build TIPs and lessons learned and of course the safety TIPs do apply to the hexa and octo and more configurations. So yes you can get the information you need to be successful in those builds as well. The information was gathered from over 10 years of multicopter builds and experience. Also please do note that there is a Project Quads/Hexas/Octos indexed section As to why it is a sticky, I guess the majority opinion is that it is helpful as it was intended to be...
Fly safe.
Cheers,
Jim
Hi Jim ... glad to see you still holding up the fort ... thought I'd drop by and say hi.

--Eric--
tend2it is offline Find More Posts by tend2it
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:15 PM
Euphoric flights
United States, NY, Fredonia
Joined Aug 2011
517 Posts
I'd just like to add the BIY section that seems to be an advertisement?

Is horribly organized, it's just a really long list or collection of links.
Any opinions on that? Like a 'Craigslist' setup with nice rows and such... or maybe a separate page entirely?

Who asked me right?
GreenAce92_v2 is offline Find More Posts by GreenAce92_v2
Old Jun 27, 2013, 06:20 AM
Joined Feb 2007
14,279 Posts
Hi G,
If you are asking about the Stores for DIT/BIY section it is just intended to help Gents find stuff they need for builds. Hard to please everyone, but at least it is all in one place for reference purposes There are Vendor list links there too with better Vendor organization if that is what you are looking for.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAce92_v2 View Post
I'd just like to add the BIY section that seems to be an advertisement?

Is horribly organized, it's just a really long list or collection of links.
Any opinions on that? Like a 'Craigslist' setup with nice rows and such... or maybe a separate page entirely?

Who asked me right?
Last edited by jesolins; Jul 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 08:02 AM
Joined Feb 2013
938 Posts
When did the format of this post/thread change ?? The old daisy-chained "brain-dump" was such a gem! I could point newbies at it and have a whole bunch of their questions answered in a single read. Now all you get hit with is *asking* for information, instead of giving information. Dislike.
Electro 2 is offline Find More Posts by Electro 2
Old Jun 28, 2013, 09:21 AM
Joined Feb 2007
14,279 Posts
Hi E,
The Mega Link Index of valuable helpful multicopter information and TIPs for successful builds and RC safety are in the first page of this thread, so nothing has changed there except for the updated growth of information as multicopters have become ever more popular with the masses. If anyone has any other questions, then they are free to ask for help either here or in the pertinent indexed and linked threads for their particular flight controller I don't get paid for doing this. I helps me and many others to have an index of information to come back to. It can save those who read lots of time from reinventing the wheel, or in this case a multicopter. The lessons and guidance is provided by over 10 years of multicopter build experience posted by generous Gents to keep others safe and to continue the good clean RC fun.
Cheers,
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro 2 View Post
When did the format of this post/thread change ?? The old daisy-chained "brain-dump" was such a gem! I could point newbies at it and have a whole bunch of their questions answered in a single read. Now all you get hit with is *asking* for information, instead of giving information. Dislike.
Last edited by jesolins; Jul 08, 2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old Jul 05, 2013, 11:58 PM
FPVing all the way!
Australia, VIC, Wantirna South
Joined Jul 2013
7 Posts
Hi guys, great thread. Learned so much, thanks a lot. This helped me a lot in my build.
FlyingProp is offline Find More Posts by FlyingProp
Old Jul 06, 2013, 11:34 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
10,145 Posts
Hard to believe you put all this together and.... people complain? Personally, I'm in that post a lot and it's very helpful for locating parts. I've learned a lot in this thread. And, I am by no means a "nooby". Keep up the good work.

Buzz
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Jul 08, 2013, 03:43 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
anyone got any info on thishttp://www.rc-fever.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=18546&language=us&currency=USD& gclid=COySipvgoLgCFStk7AodFGoAzw or can recommend a really nice tricopter. i really want somethjing to build thanks
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
Old Jul 13, 2013, 01:59 PM
Joined Jan 2005
413 Posts
Buzz, I haven't been in this thread in a long while. I came here looking for a link and found the OP totally changed. My first thought was 'what a mess did this thread become' and I went to the last page to make a remark on it and saw that other had the same feeling. Just because someone is doing a lot of work, do you have to praise that person? Even if the work is not as you expect? My little boy I praise when he paints a painting or does something that he is proud of, even though its awful, but he is only three!
TigerPilot is offline Find More Posts by TigerPilot