New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2015, 05:51 AM
Find More Posts by freemanhimself
Australia, NSW, Pennant Hills
Joined Oct 2014
532 Posts
Flew this plane for the first time on sat, it was quite windy/gusty, 20-30kmph. It went very well. The plane is fast even at low throttle, but it really sucks the juice on the battery. The battery was included with the plane and when I landed it was quite puffy and hot.. I will be buying new batteries! Landing was smooth as was take off. Reminds me of EFX racer, although I found the roll rate to be quite slow, but then I suppose it's made for pylon racing where you want a more precise roll and fast elevator.

I like it for sure though.
freemanhimself is online now Find More Posts by freemanhimself
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:09 AM
Find More Posts by Alien_Tech
Pile-it
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Nov 2007
1,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ View Post
I building my Invictus. My hardware kit doesn't include a pair clevises to connect the ailerons as the manual instructs. But the kit includes 4 EZ-connects (which I prefer to clevises). So the EZ-connects are what we go with, right?
DJ,

The EZ connectors are illegal if you plan to race. Even if you don't, please don't use the EZ connectors and use a soldered clevis instead. An EZ connector has no place on a 100+ mph plane.

Red
Alien_Tech is online now Find More Posts by Alien_Tech
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:09 AM
Find More Posts by Alien_Tech
Pile-it
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Nov 2007
1,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemanhimself View Post
Flew this plane for the first time on sat, it was quite windy/gusty, 20-30kmph. It went very well. The plane is fast even at low throttle, but it really sucks the juice on the battery. The battery was included with the plane and when I landed it was quite puffy and hot.. I will be buying new batteries! Landing was smooth as was take off. Reminds me of EFX racer, although I found the roll rate to be quite slow, but then I suppose it's made for pylon racing where you want a more precise roll and fast elevator.

I like it for sure though.
Congrats on the maiden.
Alien_Tech is online now Find More Posts by Alien_Tech
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 26, 2015, 12:08 PM
Find More Posts by ronin4740
Wandering IT geek
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Aug 2005
4,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ View Post
I building my Invictus. My hardware kit doesn't include a pair clevises to connect the ailerons as the manual instructs. But the kit includes 4 EZ-connects (which I prefer to clevises). So the EZ-connects are what we go with, right?
The ez connects are for the control wire at the servo horn end. There should be a set of D looking plastic flags with a hole in the center of the D and a threaded hole running vertically through the perpendicular part of the D.

Note that if you intend to race the Invictus ez connects aren't allowed. I'd suggest making a bends or L bends and using something like these:

http://shop.dubro.com/c/aircraft_pus...z-link-for-062

Chris
ronin4740 is offline Find More Posts by ronin4740
Old Jul 27, 2015, 05:35 PM
Find More Posts by chop stiX
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,311 Posts
I'm not clued up on ef1 competition rules,but better and safer than clevises are ball links.
If its allowed and you have the patience to put in that little extra time so they are absolutely the correct length then it's really worth it imo
I've had too many clevises break on me in the past.
Just my $0.02 if anyone is interested in going that route
I like the nitro conversion.neatly done
Jees makes me wonder how it would perform with a .46 dub jett motor
Don't think the wings will hold to long though
Especially if blasting it and cracking hard in turns.
Might fold up!
Then again it might hold up better than i think
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Jul 27, 2015, 09:52 PM
Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,159 Posts
Do you guys mount the wings directly on to the wood of the fuse or do you put anything in between to absorb any rough landing shock? And these two pieces (photo below) are wing-joiners? They go on top of the wing where the aileron servos are or on the inside of the fuse?
Left Coast DJ is offline Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:45 PM
Find More Posts by Kevin Matney
United States, MI, Erie
Joined Mar 2000
963 Posts
They just help out the wing bolts from pulling in to the wing.
Kevin Matney is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Matney
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:55 AM
Wandering IT geek
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Aug 2005
4,374 Posts
Wings mount shortly directly to the fuselage. No padding needed. Do check your incidence once it's all together to ensure you are at 0-0-0.

The wing on the one I bought from hobby king was pretty badly warped. Took a lot of work to get the 0-0-0 incidence reading butt it flew a lot better once I made it there.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:32 PM
Find More Posts by jcpylon
Placerville Ca.
Joined Aug 2008
89 Posts
Ronin,
So you got a bad wing from Hobby King too. Is it like the worst wing you've ever bought?
jcpylon is offline Find More Posts by jcpylon
Old Jul 28, 2015, 01:07 PM
Wandering IT geek
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Aug 2005
4,374 Posts
I had a Maxford GeeBee Y wing which was worse but was easier to fix as it was open balsa construction.

Yep, like you, I got a wing which it looked like HobbyKing joined off center as the warp began at the root and stayed the same all the way out to the wing tip. I've since moved on to a Proud Bird...
Old Today, 05:14 PM
Find More Posts by jcpylon
Placerville Ca.
Joined Aug 2008
89 Posts
Hobby King Pissed me off so bad that, I won't buy anything else from them again.
jcpylon is offline Find More Posts by jcpylon