Old Jul 26, 2016, 08:01 AM
Find More Posts by Recce
Estonia, Harju, Tallinn
Joined Aug 2012
134 Posts
Video
DVR recording of a flight with 25mW vTx

DVR recording of a beginner flying a quad with 25mW video transmitter 4 (4 min 52 sec)

Nothing special just trying to figure out what I can and can`t do with the 25mW A/V transmitter. Info from video description:

No music because I am lazy and any interference could be heard. I try to keep my head straight and level, so the antenna would be pointed up, but I usually end up with my head tilted forward or to the side. Real image is nice and clear except the interference, no periodic blurriness or going out of focus as seen in the video.

Quadcopter: stock Graupner Alpha 250Q
Rx/ flight controller/ telemetry: Graupner GR-18 "Coptersoftware", firmware Q.01
Tx: Graupner MX-20
Flight batteries: Zippy/ Turnigy 3S 20C 2200mAh or Nanotech 45C 1300mAh LiPo (guarded by Graupner battery sensor for GR-18)
FPV battery: 2S 35C 300mAh LiPo (guarded by HK cell checker with variable alarm voltage)
Recording camera: RunCam HD
FPV camera: FatShark 900TVL (PAL)
Video Tx: ImmersionRC 5,8GHz 25mW RaceBand
Video Rx: Fat Shark Dominator 5G8 NexwaveRF Rx module
Antennas: ImmersionRC SpiroNet V2 (no 90deg adapters or extensions)
Goggles: Fat Shark Dominator V3
Recce is offline Find More Posts by Recce
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2016, 08:33 AM
Find More Posts by mwhidden
MA, USA
Joined Sep 2015
44 Posts
You got a lot farther than I would have guessed 25mw would take you. I have a 25mw on a TinyWhoop and I can barely make it across the front yard. I guess the antenna has a big effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recce View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nndwvjb5fDs

Nothing special just trying to figure out what I can and can`t do with the 25mW A/V transmitter. Info from video description:

No music because I am lazy and any interference could be heard. I try to keep my head straight and level, so the antenna would be pointed up, but I usually end up with my head tilted forward or to the side. Real image is nice and clear except the interference, no periodic blurriness or going out of focus as seen in the video.

Quadcopter: stock Graupner Alpha 250Q
Rx/ flight controller/ telemetry: Graupner GR-18 "Coptersoftware", firmware Q.01
Tx: Graupner MX-20
Flight batteries: Zippy/ Turnigy 3S 20C 2200mAh or Nanotech 45C 1300mAh LiPo (guarded by Graupner battery sensor for GR-18)
FPV battery: 2S 35C 300mAh LiPo (guarded by HK cell checker with variable alarm voltage)
Recording camera: RunCam HD
FPV camera: FatShark 900TVL (PAL)
Video Tx: ImmersionRC 5,8GHz 25mW RaceBand
Video Rx: Fat Shark Dominator 5G8 NexwaveRF Rx module
Antennas: ImmersionRC SpiroNet V2 (no 90deg adapters or extensions)
Goggles: Fat Shark Dominator V3
mwhidden is offline Find More Posts by mwhidden
Old Jul 26, 2016, 03:48 PM
Find More Posts by Recce
Estonia, Harju, Tallinn
Joined Aug 2012
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhidden View Post
You got a lot farther than I would have guessed 25mw would take you. I have a 25mw on a TinyWhoop and I can barely make it across the front yard. I guess the antenna has a big effect.
You could check from Youtube etc what others are getting with your setup, maybe you get some interference from nearby transmitters. My static screen seemed pretty clean before that flight.
Old Today, 09:16 AM
Find More Posts by Recce
Estonia, Harju, Tallinn
Joined Aug 2012
134 Posts
Another flight around trees:

DVR recording of a beginner flying a quad with 25mW video transmitter 5 (3 min 46 sec)

One motor has a bent shaft from other crashes and giving vibrations (now fixed). Crashed in the end probably because I was expecting to see or looking at something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recce View Post
Real image is nice and clear except the interference, no periodic blurriness or going out of focus as seen in the video.
Looks like this was a browser thing for me, seemed like the following tutorial helped:

Tutorial - Youtube Video Pixelation Fix ! (6 min 52 sec)