Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 19, 2014, 09:18 PM
Joined Mar 2014
59 Posts
Discussion
Twin engine planes???

Hey all,
I am a noob of almost 3 months now. I have had great success flying my Champ, Night Vapor and Duet. I also have a large FMS Easy Trainer 1280, that I have only flown once, but I am leery about wrecking it, as I have virtually no experience flying with ailerons.

Everywhere I read, they say if you want to learn ailerons you should try the Parkzone UM T-28. I bought it a couple days back, and at this point, have wrecked it so badly, it's almost ready for the scrap heap. I do NOT feel that it is the next step up from the Champ because I don't think learning ailerons is a good thing on a fast little plane with tiny wings.

So, I have two questions:
First, what's a good, SLOW-moving, durable plane to learn ailerons on that can take a serious beating (like the Champ)? My suggestion to Parkzone would be to make a version of the Champ available with ailerons, but I know that's not going to happen anytime soon. I know I'm going to crash alot learning aileron control, but I have found out the T-28 doesn't take kindly to being crashed repeatedly. It's not durable…not like the Champ.

Secondly, I love the way the Duet handles. What I really want is the Firebird Stratos, but it's not available anymore. Talking to Hobbyzone they claim that the technology has advanced away from the Firebird. Well, so what? It was a great plane. I would think alot of folks out there would still love to have a large, fast flying, rudder/elevator control only, double-engine plane that comes RTF for ONLY $130.00……where else can you get that kind of a deal???? Hobbyzone recommended the Delta Ray to me, but honestly, I think it's an ugly plane (I am not into the "jet" thing at all). So, where can you find a large double-engine plane, that's rudder/elevator only, that's as nice as the Firebird was (and as cheap)?
smittyboy is offline Find More Posts by smittyboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2014, 01:45 AM
Joined Mar 2014
4 Posts
Champs Big Brother coming soon

You are in luck, check the Horizon site and you will see that HobbyZone will b e releasing a new 4 channel high wing trainer.

This plane will be 2 inches longer in the fuselage and the wingspan will be 2 inches wider than the Champ.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...nology-HBZ4400

Like you I was very apprehensive to fly the T-28, too fast and too fragile. I will consider one later.

However, I have preordered one of the HobbyZone Sport Clubs in thier new micro series.

If it is any where near a good flyer as the Champ, Horizon has them selves a winner.
DonRhone is offline Find More Posts by DonRhone
Old Jul 20, 2014, 12:25 PM
Joined Mar 2014
59 Posts
I saw that lastnight.
Yes, finally a Champ with ailerons!
Yay!!!!!!
smittyboy is offline Find More Posts by smittyboy