HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:14 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Thanks, fauconnier

Nicely said. Maybe other people benefit from the MJX choice to mix down the collective input, but I find it frustrating. As you note in your previous comments, it drifts a lot in Right turns. And since they mix down the collective input we can't use it to reduce the drift in a Right turn (or keep forward momentum in a Left turn).

I'll probably buy another V911 to replace the one I lost (because you say they don't do this mix-down), but maybe I've just outgrown the toy choppers. What Walkera model do you refer to? I'm probably ready for an indoor model with high quality build and flight characteristics. No 3D stunts in my future, so should I stick with FP? For right-side-up flying, what do I sacrifice by sticking with FP?

Thanks again.
Buphilo is offline Find More Posts by Buphilo
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:13 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buphilo View Post
Nicely said. Maybe other people benefit from the MJX choice to mix down the collective input, but I find it frustrating. As you note in your previous comments, it drifts a lot in Right turns. And since they mix down the collective input we can't use it to reduce the drift in a Right turn (or keep forward momentum in a Left turn).

I'll probably buy another V911 to replace the one I lost (because you say they don't do this mix-down), but maybe I've just outgrown the toy choppers. What Walkera model do you refer to? I'm probably ready for an indoor model with high quality build and flight characteristics. No 3D stunts in my future, so should I stick with FP? For right-side-up flying, what do I sacrifice by sticking with FP?

Thanks again.
I think the decision must be taken on where you want to fly. For flying in my living room my favorite is the yellow clone V911 at banggood but I don't have any experience on 10 inches CP for indoor. I read that they are to fast to fly inside a normal living room. I can't recommend my V200D01, it is to costly to maintain due to many weakness. I can buy a new F45 and a V911 with the money I spent only on the main gear. My 9116, is underpowered. My 450 clone still too difficult for me to have fun. Except for co-axials, that is my experience, I am not of a great help.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:40 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
23 Posts
I've just bought v911 beside this one I have one noob 100 coaxial heli, F47 not trained well yet and F45 on flight in the building (waiting end of winter). I decided to buy V911 due to the "feature for beginners" in F47. For sure the biggest adventage of F47 is all is plugged or screwed and very good quality so easy maintanance while v911 has all soldered to the board.
However as i said just bought v911 with some spares and cant whithstand waiting for it. I hope it will be well precise indoor heli for practicing precise landings.
Sebalos is offline Find More Posts by Sebalos
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:35 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Banggood's response re F47 mix-down "feature"

I sent Banggood a short video showing how the collective (right stick in Mod 2) becomes unresponsive when using yaw. Their response was this:
-------------------
Dear friend,
It is my pleasure to serve you,we find that your operation is wrong, you can't also rotation direction and side flying rocker, the result will only be a plane crash.
Best wishes,
Linda
-------------------
In other words, "You're doing it wrong. Just use one stick at a time." This would be hilarious except that it cost me $50 to find out that this model can only do spot pirouette turns.

Fauconnier: yes you certainly are of great help! You just saved me from buying those more expensive models! Thank you very much!

Sebalos: the V911 is great for flying indoors in the winter. Precise landings can be a challenge because the model is so light that it blows around a lot in ground effect, but it's a ton of fun. I crashed mine a few hundred times (I'm a terrible pilot) and it never broke (again, because it is so light).
Buphilo is offline Find More Posts by Buphilo
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:10 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
23 Posts
Thanks for convincing me However I am a little disappointed with F47 after those findings but I will try to squeeze more fun from in the meantime of waiting for V911 it

By the way in the second half of January I am going for business trip to California, San Diego, maybe anybody could advice some good hobby shop with mini CP in case I think this will be my next heli. Or you can suggest other good one 100 size 6ch CP. I saw miniCP on ebay with devo7 for 100$. The second question is about radio which one you advice?
Sebalos is offline Find More Posts by Sebalos
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:13 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Can't help

Sorry, I live in New York state, 3000 miles away from California. And so far I have used only the junky little radios that come with the RTF micro choppers. There is probably some good comparison of transmitters elsewhere on this site, along with which brands of helicopter they work with.

The F47 is still a good practice model if you want to do simple pirouette turns and landings. (By pirouette I mean just swing the tail around quickly.) It's good for practicing landings because you're not really travelling or turning during a landing. And with the longer blades it seems more steady in the air. I think the only thing it does badly is gradual turns where you want the model to keep moving forward throughout a longer turn. It doesn't want to let you do those turns because it shuts off the forward and side controls when you use the rudder control.
Buphilo is offline Find More Posts by Buphilo
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:39 PM
Registered User
Hull - East Yorkshire - UK
Joined Jan 2005
59 Posts
Anyone thought of swapping the board out on a 47
AntWar is offline Find More Posts by AntWar
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:52 PM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Darsh's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
324 Posts
I do. I'm in the process of creating a frankencopter, but I'd have to receive my parts shipment first. That means that I'll report in a month or so.
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:40 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntWar View Post
Anyone thought of swapping the board out on a 47
I wrote a bad review of the F47 ( the serious sideway slide when the rudder is asked) on banggood and they cut it.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:04 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
670 Posts
F47 mod.

I made some test. I replaced the weight of the flybar with the weight of a V911 broken flybar. It improve the speed of response and the agility, try it. I tried to fly with a 150 mah, but the sliding was the same and the battery became hot, and the power not enough. I also tried different placement for the battery, to my surprise the best place to get an acceptable rudder response could be around 1 cm. to the rear. Try it before cutting the landing gear, what I did, by taping the battery under the canopy. And then, before I concluded my test, the tail blade of my F47 broke for the third time. Keep me inform of your progress.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:36 PM
Registered User
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
I made some test. I replaced the weight of the flybar with the weight of a V911 broken flybar. It improve the speed of response and the agility, try it. I tried to fly with a 150 mah, but the sliding was the same and the battery became hot, and the power not enough. I also tried different placement for the battery, to my surprise the best place to get an acceptable rudder response could be around 1 cm. to the rear. Try it before cutting the landing gear, what I did, by taping the battery under the canopy. And then, before I concluded my test, the tail blade of my F47 broke for the third time. Keep me inform of your progress.
Any idea the weight of v911 versus the F47 metal slug? Have also noticed the F47 tail rotor to be easily broken (splits where motor shaft inserts). Did moving the battery one cm to the rear change the center of gravity thus requiring trim adjustments? Is your battery difficult to slide into the tray due to it being a bit too thick?
hawaiichopper is online now Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:58 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiichopper View Post
Any idea the weight of v911 versus the F47 metal slug? Have also noticed the F47 tail rotor to be easily broken (splits where motor shaft inserts). Did moving the battery one cm to the rear change the center of gravity thus requiring trim adjustments? Is your battery difficult to slide into the tray due to it being a bit too thick?
With my cheapo balance V911= 34 gr. F47= 50 gr.
It is not a problem I had with the tail blade. The F47 tail blade is long, and break near the shaft at his narrow part.
When I moved the battery backward I did a little electronic trim for the short test.
At first the battery was difficult to slide in the tray. After, may be 20 flights, battery adjustment is just perfect.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:47 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
23 Posts
Maybe u could give us some pics
Sebalos is offline Find More Posts by Sebalos
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:20 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebalos View Post
Maybe u could give us some pics
On the picture you can note that the canopy was fixed a little to the back with a slit for the landing legs, and a bigger hole for the top fixings. Stay a lot better. You can see the position of the promising last battery placement. All yours to check that theory.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:50 PM
Registered User
Hull - East Yorkshire - UK
Joined Jan 2005
59 Posts
i have an old 4#3b board laying around i might give that a go in the f47 to see if that fixes it.
AntWar is offline Find More Posts by AntWar
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion MJX F47 - baby brother to the F45 gordonzo Micro Helis 110 May 01, 2014 09:22 AM
Mini-Review The RC EYE One Review ***Updated: Short flight video! *** jameschen072 Mini Multirotors 195 Aug 06, 2013 08:45 AM
Discussion MJX X100 Review ***Updated: Video*** jameschen072 Mini Multirotors 143 May 02, 2013 10:34 PM
Mini-Review Walkera CB100 Review with pictures and video coming soon Tom Z Micro Helis 46 Jul 24, 2010 10:42 AM