HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 06, 2014, 05:51 PM
At High Altitude...
flightpunch34's Avatar
Ireland
Joined Jan 2013
1,155 Posts
as far as i can see this has been the only inherit fault with our dynam devils.....the motor mount does come loose,i too have seen this on my one at the start,after maybe 20 flights i found my prop loose,i had to take out the mount and glue it back in,but one thing i found annoying was the canopy didn't come off easy,you have to take it off and litterly glue it back on.....
flightpunch34 is online now Find More Posts by flightpunch34
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2014, 09:24 PM
My head in the clouds!
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Mar 2014
80 Posts
I got the mount epoxyed on and Its not going anywhere! I used welders glue to put the cowling back on and its not going anywhere either. Thanks for your help!
Cyclone Steve is online now Find More Posts by Cyclone Steve
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2014, 11:08 AM
At High Altitude...
flightpunch34's Avatar
Ireland
Joined Jan 2013
1,155 Posts
excellent stuff,well it done the job on mine too..
flightpunch34 is online now Find More Posts by flightpunch34
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:14 AM
My head in the clouds!
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Mar 2014
80 Posts
Mount came loose again... ARGGGHHH
Cyclone Steve is online now Find More Posts by Cyclone Steve
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:56 AM
Feeding the RC Addiction
RCAV8T0R's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
523 Posts
Double...

...trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Steve View Post
Mount came loose again... ARGGGHHH
What happened? Is the prop and/or spinner not balanced correctly?...

I did the surgical motor mount removal & epoxy reattachment to mine months ago & it's holding up just fine... In fact, it's even more solid than before surgery......

Now, on my Dynam SU-26M, I did the plywood firewall mod......but that's because the front end is totally different than the D-3D. It's better than ever now, too...
RCAV8T0R is online now Find More Posts by RCAV8T0R
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:30 PM
My head in the clouds!
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Mar 2014
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAV8T0R View Post
...trouble?



What happened? Is the prop and/or spinner not balanced correctly?...

I did the surgical motor mount removal & epoxy reattachment to mine months ago & it's holding up just fine... In fact, it's even more solid than before surgery......

Now, on my Dynam SU-26M, I did the plywood firewall mod......but that's because the front end is totally different than the D-3D. It's better than ever now, too...
I'll check the balance tonight. Maybe I didnt use enough epoxy.. I'll take it back apart, clean/sand it, maybe put a couple slits in the mount and re'epoxy toningt..
I also got a clamp to hold it down tight while its drying.
Cyclone Steve is online now Find More Posts by Cyclone Steve
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2014, 01:15 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
1,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Steve View Post
I'll check the balance tonight. Maybe I didnt use enough epoxy.. I'll take it back apart, clean/sand it, maybe put a couple slits in the mount and re'epoxy toningt..
I also got a clamp to hold it down tight while its drying.
Good to know
Have to take mine apart and repair crash damage at the motor mount and landing gear areas
And replace spinner and cowl
parts are ordered already
Gonna work on the damage tonight
foamyflyerr is online now Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2014, 09:39 AM
My head in the clouds!
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Mar 2014
80 Posts
The prop definitley needed balanced. sanded and cut some slits in the mount. All put back together and flew this morning. Running a lot smother and doesnt seem to have any problems. I'm happy
Cyclone Steve is online now Find More Posts by Cyclone Steve
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2014, 01:09 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
1,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Steve View Post
The prop definitley needed balanced. sanded and cut some slits in the mount. All put back together and flew this morning. Running a lot smother and doesnt seem to have any problems. I'm happy
Right on
Glad to hear
Still waiting on parts for mine
foamyflyerr is online now Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2014, 06:12 PM
My head in the clouds!
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Mar 2014
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr View Post
Right on
Glad to hear
Still waiting on parts for mine
Hey foamflyerr, Did you get your devil all put back together?? I haven't had any problems with mine since i fixed it.
Cyclone Steve is online now Find More Posts by Cyclone Steve
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll Dynam 3D/Aerobatic Planes - Which would you select? Diesel6401 3D Foamies 3 Jun 29, 2012 02:11 PM
Help! Blue Devil Destroyer Catevari Racing Boats - Electric 1 Jun 15, 2012 08:35 PM
Discussion ALZRC Devil 450 PRO!! 3GY gyro ver 2.0.3 pitchp Mini Helis 7 Jun 10, 2012 10:30 PM
Alert Last of the Devil's Brigade Twizter68 Life, The Universe, and Politics 2 Apr 13, 2012 11:33 AM
Devils advocate...Micro 3D Helis????? Flyin Brick Micro Helis 6 Nov 04, 2005 08:36 PM