HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:59 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,421 Posts
i had a recent order that was "in process" for 12 days. i sent customer service an email asking why so long ? i did get a response in less than 30 minutes. seems i had a part that was out of stock in my order. problem was fixed in less than an hour ! that was good.

that being said, if you place an order, and an item is "out of stock". it would be cool of them to let you know something. so your not waiting on your items to arrive, when it hasn't even been shipped yet !!
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:28 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,045 Posts
KC, you've only been waiting 12 days? I've been waiting since Nov. 28th for my order, been being told by C.S. on the phone "be here next week" since mid December. Now they must be sick of hearing from me every week, so last week they said "two weeks", and the really funny thing is the item STILL shows on their site as being "available early January 2013". I don't get ANY help from them here, don't even bother with Facebook, and C.S. on the phone keeps telling me the same thing every time I call them. I WILL say every time I call them, I manage to get a hold of someone, usually on hold for no longer than 45 minutes (!), but they just keep telling me the same thing. I dunno, maybe one day when the planets align or something, my helicopter will show up there, and if there ain't 26,000 people ahead of me ordering it, I may just get it. Need to bow toward Mecca more maybe...
matiac is online now Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:46 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Today I received the servo replacement from Banana Hobby. As you may recall They sent me a servo without the arms and screws. Well not only did they send me the missing arms but they also included another servo. The servo fits in the SU35 and is a expensive one. So I must now say Banana hobby responded to my order problem promptly and replaced more than my missing items
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:21 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,045 Posts
Seems to me at this point with my order they should ship it NEXT DAY when by some miracle (seems to be at this point) of God they actually get the thing in, considering how long they've been bullschitting me as to when it'll be available, and you gotta admit B.H. C.S., being told "NEXT WEEK" for almost 2 months is bullschitt. Don't know if I should just meekly sit and wait, or keep bugging them every week? Keep bugging them every week, or me and my 400 bucks THAT THEY HAVE will be forgotten, someone else will get my order (yup, HAS happened to other people with B.H.). I shoulda known better...
matiac is online now Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:59 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,421 Posts
matiac, hate to hear all that trouble ! i would politely ask for a refund, and maybe find a heli similar somewhere else. i did get my recent order today ! very nicely packed and everything good to go

pretty sure BH gets a little frustrated themselves when their suppliers don't get the product to them
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:28 PM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy BH CSR View Post
Hello baddb1.
Thank you for providing me with that information. I did see here that an email was sent out to you on January 18, 2013 with the jump start instructions to see if we are able to get the ESC responding to you. Therefore, I would like to know if that worked.
You can also email me at bhlccsr16@bananahobby.com for a quicker response. I do apologize for the delayed response.
- Nancy
NO it didnt work. Email was responded to.
baddb1 is offline Find More Posts by baddb1
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:50 AM
Another Newbie
United States, PA, Bethel Park
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
where's my money

Hey Pete, I love your videos and reviews. Maybe you should start with another company that treats you and it's customers better. Here's my story: I purchased a plane on Saturday, after checking to make sure it was in stock. On Monday tracked my order and it was on back order. I called and tried to change the order to the other color and was told it was also on back order. I then had the order cancelled and was told the hold on my bank account would be lifted but on Friday I found out that they had taken the monies from my account. I called the company and spoke with a customer service rep. He told me it would take 1 to 3 business days to refund the money they aren't to have taken in the first place. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told that they can't transfer the phones, I told the rep to put me on hold and get the supervisor and get him to the phone. This to didn't happen. What am I supposed to do but what I have done. I sent and email to Ms Betty, filed charges with the BBB, filed charges with the attorney general of the state I live in and I am filling FRAUD charges with my bank.
poolman1950 is offline Find More Posts by poolman1950
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:39 PM
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
San Jose Cally
Joined Jan 2004
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolman1950 View Post
I called the company and spoke with a customer service rep. He told me it would take 1 to 3 business days to refund the money .
Welcome to RC groups !.

File charges for a refund.....why.
Thats standard OP with everyone ?.
Your money is coming back to you......you said this yourself.

Pete
sonic liner is offline Find More Posts by sonic liner
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:39 AM
Just Me
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Apr 2006
812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic liner View Post
Welcome to RC groups !.

File charges for a refund.....why.
Thats standard OP with everyone ?.
Your money is coming back to you......you said this yourself.

Pete
Well, that's not exactly what he said Pete. He said they "told" him his money "would" be coming back to him in 2-3 days. A promise from CS that I've seen in many posts on here that doesn't actually come true in 2-3 days.

My question is, why does it take 2-3 days for a refund when a withdrawal takes seconds?
Brner is online now Find More Posts by Brner
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:34 AM
United States, MO, St Charles
Joined Jan 2013
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brner View Post
Well, that's not exactly what he said Pete. He said they "told" him his money "would" be coming back to him in 2-3 days. A promise from CS that I've seen in many posts on here that doesn't actually come true in 2-3 days.

My question is, why does it take 2-3 days for a refund when a withdrawal takes seconds?
that is usually standard for most vendors including Amazon isnt it?
lardo5150 is offline Find More Posts by lardo5150
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:53 AM
Just Me
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Apr 2006
812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lardo5150 View Post
that is usually standard for most vendors including Amazon isnt it?
Might be your experience...but it's not mine. I've had prompt return of money and also very prompt replacement of merchandise from several businesses. Some with no pictures or any other proof of damage or wrong merchandise.

And besides my question was why does it take 2-3 business days to return money when it only takes seconds to lift it out of your account......
Brner is online now Find More Posts by Brner
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:02 PM
I'd rather be flying
Joined Jan 2009
1,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brner View Post
Might be your experience...but it's not mine. I've had prompt return of money and also very prompt replacement of merchandise from several businesses. Some with no pictures or any other proof of damage or wrong merchandise.

And besides my question was why does it take 2-3 business days to return money when it only takes seconds to lift it out of your account......
The other problem is why does BH take the money when it is out of stock!! Makes no sense!
baddb1 is offline Find More Posts by baddb1
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:57 PM
Another Newbie
United States, PA, Bethel Park
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
At the least it will cost them a fortune

I recently tried to make purchase with BH. It showed in stock but when I went to track my order I was told it was back ordered. GEEEEE, I know I've posted this before and a lot. BLAH, Blah, Blah, we all know the story, They had STOLEN my money from my account and it was going to take forever to be returned. If you have had the same experience, contact me and I can always add you to my law suit.
poolman1950 is offline Find More Posts by poolman1950
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:01 PM
Joined Jan 2013
87 Posts
I purchased a Giant EC-135 from BH. When it arrived, I charged the battery, read the instructions, and tried flying it. The helicopter didn't respond to the transmitter.

Then, when looking through the parts that came with the heli, I found a bag with 2 allen wrenches and some sort of plug. On the bottom of the heli was the mate for that plug. In the manual it said nothing about this plug. So me being new to the hobby, I thought it might be part of the antenna. So I plugged it in.

With the throttle off, the heli took off, hit the ceiling and crashed into the furniture. I could not control it. I had to unplug the battery to stop the blades from rotating. Smoke started coming out of the heli. At that point, the heli was destroyed. The motors burned out and the PCB was fried.

I contacted their customer support. I told them my situation and the girl, her name was Angelina, told me she'd help me and call me back. That never happened.

I contacted BH's tech support and was told they'd get back to me within 72 hours. It took about 72 hours to hear back from them. They had a question so I answered it. It took another 72 hours for them to get back to me. In the meantime, I called and spoke to the rudest person. I didn't get his name but in talking to him, I mentioned the plug I found and he confirmed that it was a part of the antenna. Ok, so a day or so later, their tech guy Jimmy asks for pictures of the damage. So I sent him a zip file. Two days later I call them and the customer rep tells me they can't open zip files. So I had to send them the pictures again.

The next day I get an email from them telling me that the plug I put in was not an antenna but a binding plug (not an antenna like their customer service rep confirmed) and that unfortunately they will not replace the heli. However they would be glad to help me in finding the parts I needed to fix it up. The heli cost $179 plus shipping. The parts were going to cost roughly $140 and I had to buy the batteries and PCB from a company overseas. Does that make freakin sense?!?

I sent Jimmy back another email in response to his demanding a new heli but of course I haven't heard back from them. It's been almost 5 days. I'm guessing they are ignoring my request for a new heli.

I'm ticked off because the darn thing wasn't even 2 hours old!!! It obviously was a problem right out of the box. And of course it was supposed to be RTF and was supposed to be thoroughly tested before it was shipped. Hogwash!

BananaHobby; Order #25589-130111
Banana Hobby Customer Support Case # 00052996
Quickdraw62 is offline Find More Posts by Quickdraw62
Last edited by Quickdraw62; Feb 06, 2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:36 PM
United States, LA, Opelousas
Joined Feb 2013
12 Posts
I am sorry to bother, but I have a question. I sent an email using the tech support link on the website 8 days ago and still have not heard a response. I just need to know the battery box (area) dimensions (LxWxH) for the LX B-25 (http://www.bananahobby.com/super-b-2...5559-prd1.html). I recently purchased one and need to order batteries. Pete's video was a little unclear as to which Genesis power batteries he used. I also need to know the minimum and maximum voltage range for the motors to see which cell configuration I should use. I have been hearing from MANY MANY sources that the stock system, on a 4 cell, is grossly underpowered. I just want to make sure that I get everything I need. Thank you very very much!
Gaminguru is offline Find More Posts by Gaminguru