HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2007, 07:43 AM
Joined Dec 2005
2 Posts
Discussion
Tire help - PLEASE

Can someone please tell me which is the best tire to run on an asphalt surface - foam or rubber? I would like to find a "happy medium" between good grip and decent wear.

Also, can anyone please explain the difference in the different colors of the foam used in the tires? I understand the concept of shore hardness, but cannot find an explanation, anywhere, as far as "what's what" with the different colors of the foam inserts.
Sidedraft is offline Find More Posts by Sidedraft
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2007, 09:18 AM
Joined Jun 2007
287 Posts
Foam's don't last long on asphalt, however I find that on my culdesac there are a lot of loose stones and pebbles, my TB02 is pretty darned fast at 40mph so I find that anything over 25-30mph and there's no grip due to all the roughage and I have to use foams. IF you've got a completely smooth surface and a slower car then rubber should do fine, pebbley surface and/or fast car and you'll likely need foams.
CaptainRC is offline Find More Posts by CaptainRC