SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:59 AM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Беларусь, Минская область, Минск
Joined Sep 2011
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunet View Post
I think you can do it only by code. First, you'll have to look on MPU6050 arduino library(I think it's on AP_Innertial something) and comment on mpu6050 intialization the part where it enable I2C bypass that makes the HMC on aux i2c works. Only comment this and connect your new magn board to I2C bus and it should work.
Great idea, it must work.

@careyer
You can comment(remove) all this lines.
Sir Alex is online now Find More Posts by Sir Alex
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:00 AM
Joined Aug 2009
73 Posts
Hi Guys ,
First of all I want to thank all of you for contributing to this wonderful thread, it is really helpful.
yesterday I uploaded successfully MPNG 2.7 to my AIOP and got GPS fix as well (Using CN-06 GPS. I plane to use this quad mainly for FPV.
I will be happy to some advises \ ideas about how mount the AIOP board into my DJI F450 flame wheel air frame. I thought about using a two sided duct tape and mount the board into the inner plate, would I need to cover the baro sensor in order to avoid wind gust from the propellers or would the upper plate suffice in blocking the wind from the baro sensor?
I will be really happy to hear some idea and see some photos of mounted AIOP boards on multi-rotor air frame.
Thank a lot
Lior
liorz055 is offline Find More Posts by liorz055
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:02 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liorz055 View Post
Hi Guys ,
First of all I want to thank all of you for contributing to this wonderful thread, it is really helpful.
yesterday I uploaded successfully MPNG 2.7 to my AIOP and got GPS fix as well (Using CN-06 GPS. I plane to use this quad mainly for FPV.
I will be happy to some advises \ ideas about how mount the AIOP board into my DJI F450 flame wheel air frame. I thought about using a two sided duct tape and mount the board into the inner plate, would I need to cover the baro sensor in order to avoid wind gust from the propellers or would the upper plate suffice in blocking the wind from the baro sensor?
I will be really happy to hear some idea and see some photos of mounted AIOP boards on multi-rotor air frame.
Thank a lot
Lior
You will need to cover the Baro whether its on the top or bottom plate.

I have mounted FC's on Flame Wheel frames both inside on the bottom plate & on the top plate, I have mounted them several ways but found Giro Pads (double sided foam) to be the best/easiest (no drilling or modifying of frame plates).
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:29 AM
Germany
Joined Oct 2010
4 Posts
Moreover, equally important is to protect the baro sensor from light!

Otherwise you will get some nice jumps flying from sunlight to shadow.
dino_de is offline Find More Posts by dino_de
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:41 AM
Joined Aug 2009
73 Posts
What is the best material to cover the Baro with?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:43 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
What is the best material to cover the Baro with?
Foam.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:20 AM
100mph club member
NW O-town
Joined Jun 2005
1,653 Posts
Quote:
I'm having good success with a rubber band suspended board. The nice thing about this also is that there is less stress on the usb plug when connected to a cable. If the cable gets jerked... the board moves with it (to a degree). It's also really easy to remove so I can pinch the usb plug and board with my fingers when plugging in and unplugging a cable. Less stress all around. And with balanced props/motors it flies like a dream.

A video from last weekend flying MPNG 2.7 R4 if interested.
turbodriven is offline Find More Posts by turbodriven
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:51 AM
Joined Sep 2010
260 Posts
Which motor are you using?
I have one first black and white dji 450 and would try your setup,no success at all until now!
flye is offline Find More Posts by flye
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:03 AM
100mph club member
NW O-town
Joined Jun 2005
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flye View Post
Which motor are you using?
It's an RCTimer clone. It's this set here with the 2212 930kv motors.
turbodriven is offline Find More Posts by turbodriven
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:38 AM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined May 2010
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
Have you checked the GPS module using u-center?

Maybe the Baud is different from 9600.
Tested it with u-center had to power cycle it a couple of times but it connects at 9600. Got a 6 sat fix in 2 min light on the gps stayed on the whole time no flashing.
crash_1958 is online now Find More Posts by crash_1958
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:48 AM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined May 2010
162 Posts
Quote:
Hi Guy,
Yesterday I managed to connect the CN-06 GPS successfully to AIOP, In my first attempt I uploaded the MPNG 2.7 R4 to the board while the GPS was connected. when i upload the mission planner I got NO-GPS (tried several power on-of cycles as well) and even though I could see that the board is connected (by using terminal) still i couldn't get any read from the sensors on the board. than I re-flashed MPNG 2.7 R4 but this time I connected only the board without the GPS. After i uploaded MPNG i connected the GPS module and run mission planner, this time all the sensors worked and it took only 1 min to the GPS to get 3d-Fix. I don't
know why, but it just worked , maybe you should try it as well...
Good luck,
Lior
I'll try anything to get it to work wasted 2 days on it so far.

If this don't work I'll purchase a new GPS any suggestions?

Guy
crash_1958 is online now Find More Posts by crash_1958
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:46 AM
Joined Aug 2009
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_1958 View Post
I'll try anything to get it to work wasted 2 days on it so far.

If this don't work I'll purchase a new GPS any suggestions?

Guy
Did you get any reading from the board , such as pitch and roll?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:55 AM
vpb
Joined Jun 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
You will need to cover the Baro whether its on the top or bottom plate.

I have mounted FC's on Flame Wheel frames both inside on the bottom plate & on the top plate, I have mounted them several ways but found Giro Pads (double sided foam) to be the best/easiest (no drilling or modifying of frame plates).
Hi, I use double sided tape too, but for the protection, it's just how we prevent airflow influence, rite? So the best way is to put it inside a small box?
vpb is offline Find More Posts by vpb
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:52 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpb View Post
Hi, I use double sided tape too, but for the protection, it's just how we prevent airflow influence, rite? So the best way is to put it inside a small box?
Yes but you must not block the two holes, it still needs to be open to read the air pressure.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Aug 2009
73 Posts
Quote:
Foam.
Epo,eps or epp? 😉