SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:58 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
RC fanboat design

Hey there! I'm doing an RC fanboat build/design for a university project, and need information on the different hulls suitable.

We have 15 hours of build time, and then race day. The course for race day has straights and also slaloms (S shaped) that we must navigate through - it has to have straight line speed, but also be able to manoeuvre through the slaloms.

We'll be making it out of vacuum formed plastic.

What hulls would be best for this? (given that the motors we are given aren't exceptionally quick, planing may not be possible).

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
fordmanbc is offline Find More Posts by fordmanbc
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:45 PM
Age quod agis
Joined Sep 2007
1,434 Posts
How I Made My R/C Boat for under $20 (5 min 14 sec)
SD RC Boater is offline Find More Posts by SD RC Boater
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:45 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2 Posts
That gives me some ideas of turning. Is a rudder system better that having 2 fans that you can control separately?

We have a budget of about $200, and all the build parts are at wholesale price (so relatively cheap).
fordmanbc is offline Find More Posts by fordmanbc