SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by stalyoni, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 07:15 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,130 Posts
i see BJ is making the rounds. Whats your next purchase going to be mate?
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Last edited by stalyoni; Jun 28, 2011 at 02:51 PM. Reason: a blow up doll doesnt count ether
Old Jun 28, 2011, 05:51 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,130 Posts
my fellow addicts and groupies (BJ, BUD and KRIS shaking pom poms in pink short skirts)

your cravings will be eased with the edition of the new e-flite UMX sbach 342.

By the look of chucks maiden video she is one fast little bird.

So do i sell off my umx beast to get her?

Or do i keep my umx beast, replace the wings on her. Then get one of the new sbach motors and put it in the beast?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:08 PM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
24,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
i see BJ is making the rounds. Whats your next purchase going to be mate?
I'll eventually get a Catalina - but I've got to start repairing/buildig/finishing the half dozen or so planes that are in boxes/pieces.

Next purchase might actually be a moulded slopie...

BJ
BJ64 is offline Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:16 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,130 Posts
i just ordered some new motors for our rc boats. It turns out the ones i got are intended for 2s lipos and much lighter boats.

So dad and I should have a real race on our hands now.

BJ pull ya finger out and get building mate.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:38 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,130 Posts
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81613520/

I think his lipo was running low and didnt have enough juice to get her up.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 03:58 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,641 Posts
Quote:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81613520/

I think his lipo was running low and didnt have enough juice to get her up.
Bet his date was working overtime biting a hole though the bottom of the seat on that one...

BJ
Old Jun 29, 2011, 04:05 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,130 Posts
youll never guess BJ but i ordered another replacement motor to put in my YAK 54.

The towerpro 2409-12t. But they sent me a 2409-18 which is only 1000kv and 180w instead of 1600kv and 200w.

Why cant these online rc stores get my orders right. I dont want to name and shame them for now as she was actually very nice and was going to express post a new one out to me there and then.

They also didnt have the gws 8060 props i wanted so she sent two gws 7325 props or something. They also sent me the wrong prop adapter as well.

Oh well i guess where all human.

Just watch that new bridesmaids movie and had a great laugh. I highly recommend it.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:10 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
my fellow addicts and groupies (BJ, BUD and KRIS shaking pom poms in pink short skirts)

your cravings will be eased with the edition of the new e-flite UMX sbach 342.

By the look of chucks maiden video she is one fast little bird.

So do i sell off my umx beast to get her?

Or do i keep my umx beast, replace the wings on her. Then get one of the new sbach motors and put it in the beast?
I dunno..I've got a 4Site...luv it...but to tell the truth, in order to fly it o/d it has to be a *zero* wind day...in any kind of breeze it's just frustrating (considering I strive for perfection in my manuevers)...it's a blast in my work gym, extremely precise...but I've had to tone down the "on the clock flying". That's why I never pulled the trigger on the UMX Extra 300...even though I just *luv* Extras...if it's optimal o/d flying wx I'm grabbing my big planes. Maybe the Sbach will be a little better o/d, considering it's full fuse.

I recut the rudder hingeline on my C-RC Extra, grafted in a new deppy piece for the control horn and a custom basswood piece for the steerable tailwheel/rud interface and slapped in another HXT900 and I'm back to carving up the sky. That's why Depron profile planes rock...they're simply not grounded for long, no matter what the damage! (pics tomorrow maybe)

Also got my Microheli MCPX tailboom/CF fin setup...heavier than stock, and I can see why some peeps are already stripping out screws...tiny suckers...but it is kewl looking. Pics tomorrow also.

I've got a towerpro 2409 xx in my Rogue sailplane....gets the job done cheaply. Make sure the spindle fixing hex bolt/ring in front is tight...I was wondering why I was losing power and heating up the ESC...it's a bad thing when the spindle hand-turns w/o the worx turning...lol!

Bud, <flashes the secret addict gang sign> Bud
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Last edited by maukabud; Jun 29, 2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 09:37 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,130 Posts
thanks for the tip BUD.

What props where you using on your 2409 mate? It was the bell motor with a 3mm shaft right?

I have been searching for the right nuts and washers to put on it and cant seem to find anything. I have some 3/16 washers and 1/8 but the 1/8 are to small really and the 3/16 are a little to big.

I really want to run an apc 8x6 on my hk/at yak 54. I also have gws HD 8060 props.

I have a 3mm prop saver but i have had not much luck with these in the past. I have a few spare shafts for the 2409.

So what i was thinking was to grind two flat spots on the shaft. Like grind away the thread till i get a flat spot ether side. Then put the prop saver on and let the grub screws bite into the flat spots.

The prop saver i have is also a mickey hair too big for the shaft itself so i was hoping to put some heat-shrink over it to make up the gap.

Oh mighty BUD i seek your advice, APC 8x6 prop with allot of washers and nuts or the gws 8060 prop with the prop saver, flat shaft and heatshrink idea.

Dont think the esc will come in till tommoza so i was hoping to build her all up in the arvo and take her out over the weekend in the mornings.

secret handshake out brudda
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:11 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
thanks for the tip BUD.

What props where you using on your 2409 mate? It was the bell motor with a 3mm shaft right?

I have been searching for the right nuts and washers to put on it and cant seem to find anything. I have some 3/16 washers and 1/8 but the 1/8 are to small really and the 3/16 are a little to big.

I really want to run an apc 8x6 on my hk/at yak 54. I also have gws HD 8060 props.

I have a 3mm prop saver but i have had not much luck with these in the past. I have a few spare shafts for the 2409.

So what i was thinking was to grind two flat spots on the shaft. Like grind away the thread till i get a flat spot ether side. Then put the prop saver on and let the grub screws bite into the flat spots.

The prop saver i have is also a mickey hair too big for the shaft itself so i was hoping to put some heat-shrink over it to make up the gap.

Oh mighty BUD i seek your advice, APC 8x6 prop with allot of washers and nuts or the gws 8060 prop with the prop saver, flat shaft and heatshrink idea.

Dont think the esc will come in till tommoza so i was hoping to build her all up in the arvo and take her out over the weekend in the mornings.

secret handshake out brudda
Eh I don't think I'm gonna be much help on this one...remember...my Turnigy Rogue (that the Towerpro motor is in) is a....sailplane...thusly, folding prop. 3mm shaft, yup...heck I have to look at it..forget what size prop blades I got on there..lol...if I remember rightly I started w/ a 10X6, which was too much...I think I got 9X6 blades on there now, have to check...

FWIW I'd go with the "washers n nuts" route....sounds like the "heat shrink" option will have your prop flying quite a bit ahead of the airplane all alone, at some point. As far as sizing goes, if SAE won't fit...try metric. Always been my method. lol!

Bud, no help at all Bud
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Old Jun 30, 2011, 02:46 AM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
. . .
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Last edited by Meebo; Nov 11, 2011 at 03:35 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 05:02 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,641 Posts
Stal - if ur prop adapter is a frag too big for the shaft, maybe some bearing 64* series or thread 22* series LocTite might help? Or maybe even CA??

I'm with Bud on this one - heat shrink on it's own is probably going to let go at the G-forces pulled by a fast spinning prop.

Still, you could try a combination of both - heat shrink to fill the gap, but LocTite/CA to keep the prop on the shrink, and the shrink on the shaft.

Just a thought...

BJ
Old Jun 30, 2011, 05:59 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,130 Posts
BJ ill give her a go tommoza.

I had the worst day and to top it off i got a parking ticket so im half way through a bottle of vodka and nothing else matters right now mate.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:09 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,641 Posts
Quote:
BJ ill give her a go tommoza.

I had the worst day and to top it off i got a parking ticket so im half way through a bottle of vodka and nothing else matters right now mate.
Take it easy Dude.

My little ride in life ain't all that flash either right now...

Still - the sun will come up tomorrow.

The Earth will still turn...

And it's still a better place with you and me in it

Beej....
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:27 AM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
. . .
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Last edited by Meebo; Nov 11, 2011 at 03:35 AM.