Closed Thread
Old Jul 05, 2011, 11:31 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabryd View Post
hi, just bought the #11, and i've seen it is hot during the use (not charging but while filming) is it normal?
thanks
Welcome to the thread. You'll notice in the thread title you'll find most all of your new-user questions have already been asked and answered. See the links in the FAQs in post #3.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2011, 11:44 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
@JumpySticks how do you make "OSD" on #11 ?
reptor is offline Find More Posts by reptor
Old Jul 05, 2011, 11:58 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobflyman View Post
Fish eye lenses.

I have searched and researched this thread and come up with three variations of fisheye. A YouTube review says this one http://www.dealextreme.com/p/15mm-de...-cameras-39814 comes out well, but it has a 15 mm OD magnetic mount and my 0.67 mount is only 13mm. (The reviewer mistakenly says they are the same size?) There is also this one http://www.dealextreme.com/p/fe-50-1...-cameras-15239 which has a 13mm mount, but didn't do as well in the YouTube review. (Though may have been as much to do with the camera he had the lense mounted on?) And this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Has anyone got experience of the latter two lenses. Like I say I have searched the thread and can't find any test video with either of these lenses. Ta very much!
I have one of the so-called 15mm fisheye, the ID of the magnetic mount is 9.2mm, the OD of the mount is 12.8mm. Maybe the 15mm is the 35mm eguivalent.

Dealextreme Item# 39814

I use it on my ZxD, makes it like a GoPro. Probably too wide angle for a #11
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jul 05, 2011, 12:04 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,470 Posts
MOV file repair utility

My #11 card slot no longer latches the card in... need to do some surgery to fix it, but I have been holding the card in place with some tape in the interim.

Yesterday I shot some AV and the tape slipped enough for the card to move and lose contact with the slot pins. As I feared, the video will not play, but the file icon does show up on the card when I open the folder with a size of 225 MB. So there's video data there if I can access it. The corrupted file is recognized as a MOV QT file by Gspot utility, but no file properties show up. I tried the CHKDSK /F DOS command "fix" as well as a file recovery program, and they don't find any problem with the file.

Maybe some of the MAC users in this thread know of a repair tool specifically for MOV files? Since I use Windows PC, I'd like to find a repair utility for that platform, but if only MAC utilities exist, maybe someone with a MAC would be willing to see if the file can be repaired?
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jul 05, 2011, 12:26 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptor View Post
@JumpySticks how do you make "OSD" on #11 ?
Dashware. It's got it's hiccups. Crashes often for me.
JumpySticks is offline Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Jul 05, 2011, 01:22 PM
AMA #903699
USA, VA, Alexandria
Joined Mar 2008
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
maybe someone with a MAC would be willing to see if the file can be repaired?
I'm a Mac user with QuickTime Pro. I could take a look at, if you like. Tony Fletcher.
Tony_Fletcher is offline Find More Posts by Tony_Fletcher
Old Jul 05, 2011, 01:38 PM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
502 Posts
I bought a 32G card and put it in cam and the cam froze up...I put card in adapter and tried it on pc and it froze pc...so the card must be defective...I flashed fw and the cam works now...Edit: my kid was testing my cards after pc froze so thats where the .h2w files I found came from...I thought it was my videos cuz files were 1G each...
finster is offline Find More Posts by finster
Last edited by finster; Jul 06, 2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old Jul 05, 2011, 01:49 PM
Joined Jun 2011
78 Posts
Quote:
My #11 card slot no longer latches the card in... need to do some surgery to fix it, but I have been holding the card in place with some tape in the interim.

Yesterday I shot some AV and the tape slipped enough for the card to move and lose contact with the slot pins. As I feared, the video will not play, but the file icon does show up on the card when I open the folder with a size of 225 MB. So there's video data there if I can access it. The corrupted file is recognized as a MOV QT file by Gspot utility, but no file properties show up. I tried the CHKDSK /F DOS command "fix" as well as a file recovery program, and they don't find any problem with the file.

Maybe some of the MAC users in this thread know of a repair tool specifically for MOV files? Since I use Windows PC, I'd like to find a repair utility for that platform, but if only MAC utilities exist, maybe someone with a MAC would be willing to see if the file can be repaired?
Tom, so far I succeed recovering the files by 2 PC software. The first one is standard windows CHKDSK, and the second one is "PC Inspector File Recovery", you can google it. Have you tried "CHKDSK /f /r" yet? It might help. (check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHKDSK)

More hints,: you can google for "SD card video recovery" of some similar phrases. You still have the last choice, sending your mini SD card to the recovery lab in germany, if the video is very important. Good luck recovering it

PS. any news for rev3 firmware?
TrafalgarLaw is offline Find More Posts by TrafalgarLaw
Old Jul 05, 2011, 03:34 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,793 Posts
Have no idea why but my time stamp reset itself back

New location for FPV (6 min 16 sec)
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old Jul 05, 2011, 03:37 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,125 Posts
Quick question on the flash cards. I'm thinking of getting one (or two) of these and see I need to also get a flash memory. One site said it requires a TF card. What's a TF card? Is that the same thing as a Micro card? I'm thinking so, but want to verify before purchasing anything. Thanks.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2011, 04:11 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,793 Posts
Yep,
its MICRO SD HC
Old Jul 05, 2011, 04:14 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
Yep,
its MICRO SD HC
Thanks...just wanted to make sure.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2011, 04:20 PM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Sep 2006
70 Posts
Quote:
Welcome to the thread. You'll notice in the thread title you'll find most all of your new-user questions have already been asked and answered. See the links in the FAQs in post #3.
I'm sorry, i've read FAQ several times but i missed the question i needed.... sorry
fabryd is offline Find More Posts by fabryd
Old Jul 05, 2011, 04:31 PM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
Have no idea why but my time stamp reset itself back
Prevert! I see you made it to that nude beach you were talking about

Now, before Tom deletes this for cluttering up the thread, I hope he mentions to his vendors that we really need about an 800mm telephoto lens for these keyfobs for those "special" moments.

Yabba
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba
Old Jul 05, 2011, 04:35 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,793 Posts
No no thats not it :-)
yet.:-))
Have to make sure my video is without glitches so you wont miss the wrinkles or cracks :-)
By the way why the time reset itself??
Closed Thread