HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2013, 07:24 AM
Joined Jan 2010
57 Posts
Discussion
Uk frequencies for submarines

Hello all, i'm halfway through completing a very rough scratch buit "drain pipe" style submarine and I've saved enough cash to move onto the next stage which for me is buying a suitable transmitter.

I know 2.4ghz is completely off limits so i was wondering if anyone could suggest a good transmitter or set of frequencies to go looking for on ebay?

I'm in the UK and i'm hoping to add lights and possibly a working periscope to the model so i'm after a transmitter with at least 6 channels that complies with uk law but i'm not too sure which is a good direction to start looking in as there's plenty of new ground transmitters but they are all 3 channel at most.

Any advice much appreciated
twiglets
twiglet123 is offline Find More Posts by twiglet123
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2013, 10:42 AM
ir3
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2007
294 Posts
Transmitters

I believe that European Frequencies for ground vehicles is 40Mhz. I would strongly recommend a Robbe F14. The ability to expand features for this radio is almost unlimited. I am using one converted to 75Mhz for use in my Engel Type VIIC and am very happy with it.

I am sure that you will be getting some other responses.

Good luck,

IR3
ir3 is offline Find More Posts by ir3
Old Apr 14, 2013, 10:28 PM
KC8WPF
Euclid, Ohio, United States
Joined Sep 2004
3,811 Posts
Here's a website with a world wide list of r/c frequencies.
CG Bob is offline Find More Posts by CG Bob
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:05 PM
Man from Atlantis
London
Joined Nov 2003
906 Posts
27mhz and 40mhz are the legal bands and also 459mhz.

In the case of 27mhz, multi channel sets in that frequency band have long been out of production (20 years and counting), so the sets will be rather long in the tooth. FM is better than AM.

40mhz works very well, and good sets can be picked up cheaply on the secondhand market. 459mhz sets were produced back in the 1970's and early 80's. They're very rare items of kit, and should only be contemplated if you are competent in electronics repair, and know your way around a radio schematic, as these sets are now very old and it's unlikely you can get them serviced or repaired. No major benefit over good 40mhz equipment.
Sub culture is offline Find More Posts by Sub culture
Old May 04, 2013, 06:55 PM
Joined Jul 2004
270 Posts
What about with everything going to 2.4 and digital type sets. do you think that more lower frequencies will be opened up for surface Or will 72 MHz and 75 MHz be separated for good? Cause I have a few 6 channel sets that are 72 MHZ. but won't use them for subs unless the FCC allows it.
shaneperch is offline Find More Posts by shaneperch