SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:35 AM
Joined Nov 2010
3 Posts
Help!
For Trainer SPEKTRUM DX8 --> with FOLLOWER TURNIGY 9X

G'day. I've purchased that Turnigy transmitter for Trainer reasons. It was originally a Mode1 Version, I do rework in MODE 2!
Master should be the SPEKTRUM 8 and Slave the Turnigy 9X. With an 3.5inch mono line the binding works fine. SPEKTRUM set up in Teacher Mode, plug in cable, plug in into the off Turnigy and it works. BUT: Unfortunately the function of Sticks by Spektrum and Turnigy are different. This is not a question of Mode.
Example: Throttle is at SPEKTRUM Stick Left, up and down. Push the trainer button at Spektrum and using TURNIGY, the throttle is also on the left stick but left /right! I afraid I have to alter by solder the poti at the sticks of Turnigy.
Or has someone an idea how I can solve that issue without soldering?

Thanx!
tonruf is offline Find More Posts by tonruf
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:50 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,950 Posts
The problem is as you suggest. Spektrum uses the JR channel sequence of TAER, while 9x uses the Futaba sequence of AETR. So the 9x is sending the wrong information.

The only fix I can suggest is to install ER9x firmware in the 9x. It allows you to set the channel sequence to anything you choose.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:24 AM
Joined Nov 2010
3 Posts
Thanks for your reply.
tonruf is offline Find More Posts by tonruf