SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:47 AM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCKRC View Post
im sorry i did a bad post i saw the links i ment of a wet box i am getting more and more info the more i look on here and thank you for helping with stupid questions
I can do that as well. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post21248257
bill34207 is online now Find More Posts by bill34207
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12 o'clock high 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:45 AM
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
tysm!! wow this looks like it going to be alot of fun to build i cant wait to start laying it out im gonna pick up some wood to start making a few things
LCKRC is offline Find More Posts by LCKRC
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:18 PM
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
So i didnt want to be stuck with the wrong rudder so i got a bigger one that i know will work for my larger hull.im gonna stick with the strut for now and make a water box.
I guess i dont see the point of a water box cause i was thinking about taking a flew shaft and mounting a copper tube down the hull to the back and out the transom to my strut and prop but i guess if i did that i would still have to put a area were the shaft goes out of the transom that is water proff so as to not sink the boat witch i guess is a water box lol im trying to learn lol
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:41 PM
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
So i have done a few things so far on the boat with no parts but i still need to get fiberglass and resin but work has been crazy.

I got the wooden dowels all set in place and the Hatch fits over it very nice with a little bit of room so i can fiberglass it in and also get the foam coating on the fiberglass.i will still be putting tape over it to help keep water out but this will help with the hatch not moving and maybe putting a small magnet to keep it from flying away if the tape fails.

I put it what i think is a ok water box but once i get the parts i need i will see whats going on with the boat its just a mock up so i can pull it out change it i just wanted to see what it looked like so far i think its to small lol .i work alot better with parts in hand so if i need to ill go get a stinger for this boat when i get the driver shaft and prop.

thats another thing i know nothing about is the prop im not looking for anything crazy cheap bu nothing that takes alot to take care of should i go plastic or metal and what kind of prop should i start with.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:48 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,498 Posts
It will be a good idea to get your motor positioned and figure out where the stuffing tube will be coiming through the front piece before getting too carried away with the box.It may need to be a bit taller than it looks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:18 AM
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
I should be getting the motor mount today so i will be finding the CG and seeing were the motor will mount then i will be going to the local shop and getting the drive line so i will be able to see how it will lay better
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:13 AM
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
I got almost all my parts today but like you said after i posted they wont work so well for this boat.Bu thats ok extra parts for builds never hurts i think i have a cat hull in my future,anyways i will be able to use everything but the strut so i am looking at a stinger so far i have seen the 3/16 for the shaft and prop but i was wondering what a good length is for my boat,I have a 31in Hull i have seen most around 82mm to about 90mm but also alot bigger

im looking for a cool cat hull project if anyone has one for sale i have been looking but thought i would put that up lol
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
So i am still looking at getting the Stinger but im still not sure What length to get i was thinking about this one
im not sure if its to big or if it will work but i also have in mind getting one from a suprvee 27 but that boat is a little bit smaller then mine
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130304738980...84.m1438.l2649
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
so i have asked a few stupid rookie questions and after looking at all the posts i see what i missed.
i got alot of work going on it so far but i was wondering the best way to find COG.
i have scales i can use and also tried the pole thing i have the around about area but since im gonna fiberglass the motor mount in i dont want to screw it up any advice?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:05 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,498 Posts
Rule of thumb for cg is 30% of the overall hull length measured from the transom. ie: if you have a 32" hull you would use 32 X 0.30 which would give you a measurement of 9.6". Measure forward from the transom 9.6 (9.5" is close enough) and mark it.

Arrange you equipment in the boat to see which way gets you closest to the mark and proceed from there.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
ok cool so that means a 31in hull is 9.3 in from the transom.ty

I am doing the fiber glass work tomorrow and fixing some of that dmg
the big thing i want to do is i was sanding some of the rough edges and i noticed the area were the 2 halves of the hull were put together its really thin and i want this to hold up so i will be putting some fiberglass behind there and also the area for the hatch ill have some pics up i hope in a few days