Closed Thread
Old Mar 04, 2012, 03:19 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasi View Post
So, back to my problem. The battery itself has 2.96V, which should not be. But It doesn't charge if I plug it in my computer. Now here comes the interestin thing, if I measure the volts after the battery circuit it says 2.63.

I like it, that it's small, and easy to operate, so I don't want to use any external batteries...

edit: If I plug it in and try to charge it, the voltage on the battery circuit goes up to 4.10V, but the actual battery does not do anything...
The camera stops operating when the battery voltage delivered to the circuit board drops to about 3.7V (nominal) based on some early testing with the earlier #11 camera, so it's no surprise your camera will not turn on.

If sounds like the charge management IC is functional, but some chargers will not attempt to charge a lipo if the detected battery voltage is too low (overdischarged), which yours is, and probably the reason for the flashing LED. You may have a defective battery protection circuit board (the little one soldered to the battery tabs inside the tape). You could also have a battery that is shot from being over discharged. You could do some troubleshooting by removing the small charge protection circuit board and trying to charge the battery without it. That could tell if that protection circuit board is the problem, but if the camera is new, you should be able to get a warranty battery replacement.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Mar 04, 2012 at 03:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2012, 04:11 PM
Happy when flying!
France, Aquitaine
Joined Sep 2011
160 Posts
After testing the #16 a long moment, the #11 wanted some aerial action again.

A friend lended to me his Infinity (hype wow, ripmax blaze same models) for the occasion

#11 is often over saturated but does nice videos, today it caught some sun rays piercing the clouds

T2M Infinity - FPV Onboard Camera (8 min 24 sec)

Motor speeded up 4 times and shooted using 0.67X lens
kjrell is offline Find More Posts by kjrell
Old Mar 04, 2012, 04:37 PM
Austria, Stmk., Graz
Joined Sep 2011
467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
The camera stops operating when the battery voltage delivered to the circuit board drops to about 3.7V (nominal) based on some early testing with the earlier #11 camera, so it's no surprise your camera will not turn on.

If sounds like the charge management IC is functional, but some chargers will not attempt to charge a lipo if the detected battery voltage is too low (overdischarged), which yours is, and probably the reason for the flashing LED. You may have a defective battery protection circuit board (the little one soldered to the battery tabs inside the tape). You could also have a battery that is shot from being over discharged. You could do some troubleshooting by removing the small charge protection circuit board and trying to charge the battery without it. That could tell if that protection circuit board is the problem, but if the camera is new, you should be able to get a warranty battery replacement.
Ok, thanks. I'll try to charge it with an external battery charger just for this time and I'll let you know if it works.
Hasi is offline Find More Posts by Hasi
Old Mar 05, 2012, 06:05 AM
Austria, Stmk., Graz
Joined Sep 2011
467 Posts
I think there is also another problem. I charged the battery, but it still didn't turn on. Now I tried to solder the wires directly to the battery (w/o the protection circuit), but it still doesn't want to turn on.
I connected the battery to a led for some minutes and tried to charge it with the usb cable, and it charged the battery perfecly. It just doesnt wants to turn itself on. I also tried to reset it and webcam mode, but still no response from the cam. I pluged the memory card in PC and the folders are also not there.

Any other suggestions how to fix it?
Hasi is offline Find More Posts by Hasi
Old Mar 05, 2012, 12:18 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasi View Post
I think there is also another problem. I charged the battery, but it still didn't turn on. Now I tried to solder the wires directly to the battery (w/o the protection circuit), but it still doesn't want to turn on.
I connected the battery to a led for some minutes and tried to charge it with the usb cable, and it charged the battery perfecly. It just doesnt wants to turn itself on. I also tried to reset it and webcam mode, but still no response from the cam. I pluged the memory card in PC and the folders are also not there.

Any other suggestions how to fix it?
Did you try to power it with the 2-wire thin external USB power cable (NOT the 4 wire standard USB data cable)? Push the reset button with that cable plugged in as well. If that didn't make any difference, I'd see if the camera will flash in new firmware (see post #3 for link to firmware files), and if not, ask your vendor for a warranty replacement if it's a new camera.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Mar 05, 2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 12:42 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,650 Posts
....deleted
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Mar 05, 2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 12:54 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
V18? I thought that was for the #16 key cam.
Good catch, thanks! Too many threads going at once. I'l revise my prior post.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 09:47 PM
Joined Mar 2012
8 Posts
Urgent questions!

It would be great if you guys could answer these ASAP since I need to order the camera to have it in 2 weeks.

I am a proud owner of the low-res keychain spy camera (the $9 one) and have attached it to rockets reaching 5,000ft.

A few months ago I caught wind of the #11 camera that is 720p and about $40

I have now seen there is a new #16 camera which is 720p and a new 1080p one.

Can someone explain to me what the difference between the #11, #16, and the 1080p one are? Mostly the difference between the #11 and #16 and what most people prefer.

Last question, are there any "reliable and widely-known" sellers in the original post of this thread and others with updates that are based in the USA that sell either the #11, #16, or 1080p one?
If not, who is the fastest of the Chinese shippers or the most widely-used by members of this forum which we know has the best product with the smallest chance of there being flaws or defects?

Really appreciate it guys!
Aaronius31 is offline Find More Posts by Aaronius31
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:13 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
It would be great if you guys could answer these ASAP since I need to order the camera to have it in 2 weeks.

I am a proud owner of the low-res keychain spy camera (the $9 one) and have attached it to rockets reaching 5,000ft.

A few months ago I caught wind of the #11 camera that is 720p and about $40

I have now seen there is a new #16 camera which is 720p and a new 1080p one.

Can someone explain to me what the difference between the #11, #16, and the 1080p one are? Mostly the difference between the #11 and #16 and what most people prefer.

Last question, are there any "reliable and widely-known" sellers in the original post of this thread and others with updates that are based in the USA that sell either the #11, #16, or 1080p one?
If not, who is the fastest of the Chinese shippers or the most widely-used by members of this forum which we know has the best product with the smallest chance of there being flaws or defects?

Really appreciate it guys!
The #16 is the best of the three by far.. Mine took about 10 days to get to Michigan. What ever you do don't get the 1080 unless you want to buy mine.. And to be honest I couldn't with a clean heart sell it to anyone..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:22 PM
Joined Mar 2012
8 Posts
Can you link me to the seller you bought the #16 from please? Thank you! Really appreciate your insight!

Yeah the video from the 1080p had iffy exposure :/
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:45 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Can you link me to the seller you bought the #16 from please? Thank you! Really appreciate your insight!

Yeah the video from the 1080p had iffy exposure :/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-DVR-808...#ht_4855wt_912

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...letoponline365
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Mar 05, 2012, 11:24 PM
Joined Mar 2012
8 Posts
Really appreciate it thanks for all the help. Just ordered it!

As a prize, here is one of my Youtube videos to see

Initiator on Aerotech Blue Thunder F (1 min 17 sec)
Old Mar 06, 2012, 06:16 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Oct 2011
414 Posts
suscribed
Danny_l is offline Find More Posts by Danny_l
Old Mar 06, 2012, 06:24 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,615 Posts
Quote:

http://youtu.be/CrJJQ0WyiQ0
I guess Tom will forgive you this time for posting a #3 video on a #11 thread

Since you have odered a #16 (good choice), now is the time to catch up on the latest news on this great camera on the #16 thread.

Since you already have a #3 you will already have a card that will work well with the #16, but should you buy any more cards for the #16, make sure they are Class 4 and not above. High capacity Class 6 and especially Class 10 are mostly not compatible with the current firmware. All this is discussed in detail in the #16 thread. As usual, all the important posts are linked in the first 5 post. I don't know how hard your rockets hit the ground, but this could be problematic for the CMOS lens assembly which is pluggable in the #16. It would have been wise to order a spare lens assembly together with the camera.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:25 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,082 Posts
Quote:

http://youtu.be/CrJJQ0WyiQ0
F.Y.I. all the information you just got is freely available in posts 1 to 4 at the start of this thread, free to all to read, and it would have saved you a lot of typing, and having to part with your bestist Video.
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Closed Thread