HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2014, 09:33 AM
Suspended Account
Djibouti
Joined Aug 2014
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
Here in California we have to undergo biannual emissions on every street registered car built after 1974.
Just one more reason I'll never live in California. In LA I can duct tape a flashlight headlight and blinking red tail light to a 450 motocross bike and get a street legal registration and plate.
GoodPepperoni is offline Find More Posts by GoodPepperoni
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:46 AM
Suspended Account
Djibouti
Joined Aug 2014
100 Posts
I dropped the Challenger off at the tuner this morning with half of the interior gutted so they can weld in a cage. While waiting I got to test drive their 1200hp twin turbo chrysler 300 while they shifted cars around the garage and parking lot. Nothing like boiling tires in 6th gear at half throttle with traction control on... I think I'm going for a supercharged/twin turbod big block next time I swap motors.

And a few other project cars that were getting shifted around: ~950hp all motor 468ci challenger and a supercharged cadillac running high 9's on nitrous.

Old Oct 04, 2014, 05:09 AM
Suspended Account
Djibouti
Joined Aug 2014
100 Posts
Since this thread is pretty much dead...

Here's my Chrysler Crossfire. Despite being +80% R170 SLK320 it's a real corner carver at the track and mountain roads with minor suspension and tire upgrades. Straight line performance is weak, running a 14.3s quarter mile with some practice, but on open roads(texas mile and vacant military runways) it pegs out the 160mph speedo and hits 182mph by GPS averaging 2 runs in opposite directions after a minute, with the electronic speed limiter removed. It runs neck and neck with my 97 camaro 3800 S2 V6 with the supercharger kit from another model until 110mph then leaves the camaro behind.

I gutted it as much as possible to lose the 3200lb weight, including cutting plastics, steel, and aluminum non-structural parts to minimum and sanding the bumpers, fenders, and trim to the point that it discolored the paint. It weighed in at 3,019 lbs with full tank and full interior and carpet.

Then I removed all of the OEM sound deadening from everywhere and only kept enough carper and trim for the interior to look stock. The steel rear bulkhead between the seats and trunk was cut and drilled to lose even more weight while keeping an eye on structural rigidity. Now it's 2,980lbs total.

I took it to US129 with some heavily modified cars off-season and was running in the middle of the pack since handling was more important than power except in the 4 straight-away spots. It's no Porsche but it definitely wore out Miatas and MR2s in the corners and straights as long as they weren't running nitrous.

No cars ahead or behind in the S curves in the middle of the dragon. Had a 911 in front of me and a turbo nitrous MR2 behind me in this photo:

Now it's pretty much a daily driver/trackday beater since I have nicer/faster project cars, but It still gives mustangs and rice a run for their money red light to red light in town,

Track wheels and tires for trackdays on it in this photo. I needed stronger/lighter wheel and better brake cooling:

Old Oct 05, 2014, 09:56 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2013
48 Posts
Just a few of the toys from across the pond

1934 Aussie built coupe, everyday driver at the moment (was pace car at Rushworth speedway):

1934 Aussie 4 door made into an A grade hot rod in the late sixties / early seventies, we have about 15 of these with old race history that we take out a few times each season for a "spirited demonstration"

1966 mustang,an early pic, at the moment it is looking a bit shabby and taking a rest:

The 1929 A model ....... STILL under construction

1970 F truck to cart the stock car on:
jww_289 is offline Find More Posts by jww_289
Old Oct 06, 2014, 04:01 AM
Suspended Account
Djibouti
Joined Aug 2014
100 Posts
Nice rides jww_289 ! I love vintage racers.
Old Oct 06, 2014, 04:11 AM
Suspended Account
Djibouti
Joined Aug 2014
100 Posts
I got caught doing a speed run in the challenger trying to max it out...I waited on the shoulder of a 20 mile long bridge for 30 minutes and zero cars passed me in either direction so I went for it...got nailed about 30 seconds into the run. Luckily I knew the trooper who pulled me and he let me off with a ticket instead of impounding and arresting. He was joking saying if I hadn't hit the brakes when he lit up the lights that he wouldn't have even attempted to chase haha. I'm such a dummy...and kids don't do this dumb stuff. I did this in a fully caged car, wearing a helmet, and fully knew that I would lose the car if I got nailed by police...

Old Oct 12, 2014, 04:08 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,853 Posts
^^ You are crazy.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Nov 09, 2014, 11:01 PM
Patzpaint
Canada, BC, White Rock
Joined Sep 2014
2 Posts
This is my ride at times that are sunny
Patzpaint is offline Find More Posts by Patzpaint
Old Nov 10, 2014, 01:08 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,335 Posts
Nice!

BTW, I see that this was your 1st post. Welcome to RC Groups!
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
Old Nov 24, 2014, 02:23 AM
outstanding in the left field!
USA, IL, Marengo
Joined Feb 2007
738 Posts
Henry!

Thanks for posting Henry, I really like a lot! Runs on used motor oil? That's Awesome!

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedD60 View Post
After years and years of mucking about in Brit and German sports cars and Ford Pickup Trucks, I figured it was time to get serious.

Henry is my old Army mule. He started out as a 1968 American General M35A2 Deuce and a Half. He was completely rebuilt by the government in 1990 and then auctioned off. I got him with about 12,000 miles since the rebuild.

I cut about 4 feet off his back end, and got rid of the rear-most axle and most of the rear tires. I did the bob job in about 3 days; painting him took about another 3. He's now on 4 tires and is about as long as an F-150 pickup truck.

He's my daily driver and best buddy. I run him strictly on waste motor oil for fuel and have put about 15,000 miles on him in 3 years.

He's named after a character from an old song by New Riders of the Purple Sage because he's big, green and hilarious.

T
pyrobus is online now Find More Posts by pyrobus
Old Nov 24, 2014, 02:25 AM
outstanding in the left field!
USA, IL, Marengo
Joined Feb 2007
738 Posts
Beautiful Roadster!

Nice ride, Here's to sunny days!

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patzpaint View Post
This is my ride at times that are sunny
pyrobus is online now Find More Posts by pyrobus
Old Dec 08, 2014, 12:15 AM
Joined Nov 2006
306 Posts
My scooter

I have a Mazda 3 hatchback lowered 2 in and a bike.
Ironman929 is offline Find More Posts by Ironman929