HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 12, 2002, 10:43 PM
Penang, Malaysia
Joined Jun 2002
414 Posts
Peter Rake's Tiger Moth

This is a free plan given in the August issue of the Flying Scale Models.

Its a fairly accurate representation of the Tiger Moth.

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has begun building/flying one.

YEAP CHIN POH is online now Find More Posts by YEAP CHIN POH
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2002, 12:17 PM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,754 Posts
Hi,
Although several people have said that they WILL build her, I haven't heard from anyone who has - apart from Tony Bowyer, who built the prototype.

If I can be of any help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Pete
PETERRAKE is online now Find More Posts by PETERRAKE
Old Sep 13, 2002, 01:57 PM
bath.somerset
Joined May 2002
20 Posts
count me in!!!,just got to finish a small project!!!!!,all most there pete!!!
eindecker is offline Find More Posts by eindecker
Old Sep 13, 2002, 10:34 PM
Penang, Malaysia
Joined Jun 2002
414 Posts
I too hope to build one soon. Before I attampt it a trip to the nearest good hobby shop in Singapore (600 miles away) will be required. I am thinking of building a model representing "ACDC".

My version will have to be a break down version. Wings off that is. I live in a condo/flat and there is no way my Missus would tolerate something like that lying about.

I have a few questions.

What would be an appropriate propeller (scale as well as functionality) for this aircraft. I intend to use the Olympia gearbox.

Where would I get a pilot for the plane?

Is there any web site where I can print out instrument penals or the Tiger Moth?
YEAP CHIN POH is online now Find More Posts by YEAP CHIN POH
Old Sep 14, 2002, 02:24 AM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but I haven't checked out that magazine yet. What is the size? Got pictures?

Martin
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter
Old Sep 14, 2002, 04:10 AM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,754 Posts
For removable wings, I would suggest mounting the centre section as per the plan, but make the wings as two complete cells -interplane struts fixed - and plug them on to wire dowels. A couple of small rubber bands under the wings would hold them in place.

As regards prop, a Master Airscrews Electric of about 10x6 or 11x7, painted black, would look about right, and fly her well too.

If that's the Mini Olympus gearbox, you'll need to alter the motor mounting to get the thrust line in the same place. The Graupner one, or any other where the shaft is off set from the mounting lugs, would make life easier.

Dreamer,
The Tiggie is 36" span and powered by a 2.33:1 geared 400. Construction follows my usual style, and she's intended as a one piece model. The only photos I had were the ones that appeared in the mag, but it has appeared here at some time in the past.

Pete
PETERRAKE is online now Find More Posts by PETERRAKE