SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:01 PM
mcg
Joined Jul 2005
727 Posts
Discussion
Online course in Rhino 5

If you are interested in Rhino, they are offering a 1st course online beginning April 4. It runs for several days. Compared to classroom instruction the price seems reasonable.

https://student.gototraining.com/r/2710388868387968768

They are recording videos, which would be helpful if you wanted to go back and review, or if you missed a few minutes or even a day. mcg
mcg is offline Find More Posts by mcg
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:04 PM
Joined Jul 2010
75 Posts
Rhino Tutorials

We got Rhino 3 a few years ago at work. I just worked my way through the tutorials and learned enough to be productive. Working with it I have gotten pretty good with it and like it a lot. We also use RhinoCam to generate toolpaths and G-Code (now with Rhino5) for our mill. Works very well especially for the price which I think is pretty reasonable. D.H.
DaveHickey is offline Find More Posts by DaveHickey
Old Mar 30, 2013, 07:22 AM
Joined Oct 2010
391 Posts
I like to keep this link in my Favorites for when Rhino newbies show up and they need a hand with learning Rhino.
It's easy to follow along and there are quite a few videos that follow the first one.

If you want to learn Rhino, then it would be helpful to buy a second monitor for your computer which is a fraction of what Rhino itself costs, so if you bought Rhino, you can afford a $100 for another monitor.
What you do is run the video(s) on the second monitor and "play along" on your main monitor with Rhino open while you duplicate what's being done in the video in real time. It's really a fast way to learn.
It doesn't really matter which version of Rhino you have because all the commands and techniques are mostly used in all of the later versions, right up to the new Rhino 5 (well worth it because of the improvement in the toolbars alone).

Here's the very first video for newbies:
Intro to Rhino 001 (8 min 56 sec)

Then go to the guy's main Youtube site (EvD Media) and you'll find dozens and dozens of basic and advanced tutorials:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cadjunki...os?query=Rhino
Treeline is online now Find More Posts by Treeline
Old Apr 07, 2013, 12:23 AM
Calgary, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
1,926 Posts
Just throwing this out FWIW. I went from Rhino 4 to Solidworks a few years ago & bought 2 DVD's from these guys (Infinite skills). They were well worth the money IMO. Everyone learns differently, but in my case 'seeing it' on DVD in progressive lessons is really accelerates the learning curve time compared to typical text books if the DVD's are properly done. The SW ones were done by Matt Lombard & he is the guru who writes all the 'Bible' text books. If you need a refresher just pop in the vid & pull up the lesson. That's a bit better than some of the subscription based training out there.

Anyway, I see some Rhino 5 titles have appeared. I can't speak for the quality or substance of Rhino ones personally, but they have samplers for you to judge for yourself. DVD's might appear kind of spendy relative to the class, but cost always seems relative to how good & how well organized the instructors are, quality of materials & examples etc.

http://www.infiniteskills.com/files/search.html
ptxman is online now Find More Posts by ptxman