HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2013, 06:40 PM
:)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Moto View Post
Will a Lemon satellite bind with a Spektrum DSM2/DSMX receiver (with the transmitter in DSM2 mode)?
Hey Moto,

I wasted about and hour trying to bind a LemonRX Sat to my AR8000 so that's a no. You should try it and see the crazy TX values you get in the MW GUI.

I use a (probably clone) Spektrum DSM2 RX to bind the sats, and have ordered a Lemon 8CH to have a decent RX for binding.

Cheers mate.
Soma is online now Find More Posts by Soma
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2013, 07:48 PM
Self confessed Aeroholic
Australia, QLD, Elimbah
Joined Jan 2005
1,508 Posts
G'day John,
I have a couple of 10chs on the way, should be here within the next week. Looking forward to testing these out.
I have a couple of 9ch and 610 Orange RXs but after watching peterinkrefeld's videos, I can't see myself using Orange for anything other than Park/foam models.

Will advise my test results.
D.
Larrikin is online now Find More Posts by Larrikin
Old Jul 11, 2013, 08:27 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,767 Posts
Bit OT I know, so apologies to Lemon, but just as an aside the new Orange DSMX receiver impresses so far. I get over 100 paces range in Range Check on the DX8! Also seems to be very solid in flight. Not in the same class as the Orange DSM2s on first impressions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrikin View Post
G'day John,
I have a couple of 10chs on the way, should be here within the next week. Looking forward to testing these out.
I have a couple of 9ch and 610 Orange RXs but after watching peterinkrefeld's videos, I can't see myself using Orange for anything other than Park/foam models.

Will advise my test results.
D.
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
Old Jul 11, 2013, 08:30 PM
Why am I addicted!!!
United States, IL, Columbia
Joined Jan 2008
557 Posts
Thanxs guys. I was just wondering if they are going to change the DX8 to a fix antenna not a flexible one.
DonQ8401 is online now Find More Posts by DonQ8401
Old Jul 11, 2013, 09:17 PM
United States, MD, Mt Airy
Joined Jun 2013
567 Posts
Where the hell did this dx8(i) talk get flushed in to here from...

Back on topic, anyone know if the lemon 8/10 channel RX going flat line for 2-3 seconds while switching to failsafe mode is normal vs the real spektrum RXs ?
Wolfmetalfab is offline Find More Posts by Wolfmetalfab
Old Jul 13, 2013, 02:07 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Joined Apr 2013
972 Posts
In reading about the lemon 6ch w/PPM and it says that if it loses radio signal, it pulls all channels to ground. Does that mean my multirotor falls down (sends minimum or no signal)?

In other words, my multirotor won't remain in the last state it was in before the signal lost (so if i was at full throttle and lose signal... it'll stay that way)?

The FC i plan to use supports the use of a satellite rx ONLY. What are the concerns about doing this?

I've read that the resolution is low compared to normal PWM connections? But how does this translate to real-world flying? Can anyone honestly say they feel a difference or that controls seem "mushy" or with some latency? Wouldn't I have the same receiving "ability" as a normal lemon rx (more actually since there are 2 antennas for more "coverage angles"). I would be planning to FPV with it using a 2.5w wifi booster on my rTx.
ummagawd is offline Find More Posts by ummagawd
Last edited by ummagawd; Jul 13, 2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 03:21 PM
Joined Jun 2013
567 Posts
Depends on the FC of the mulit, Most of them should have a failsafe that is configurable (multiwill example) which if it sees any channel go above/below min/max programed it will go in to failsafe on its own and ignore the RX until the signals are back in proper range, FC failsafe will do whatever you have it set up to do, RTL, land, hover, fall like a rock ect

Btw, earlier in this thread it was discussed that 2 antenna, one is a ground plane, one is the RX antenna, only things that have 2 antenna are RX+Sat
Old Jul 13, 2013, 08:04 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Joined Apr 2013
972 Posts
thanks Wolf.

So you're saying that the normal lemon rxs (w/out failsafe) will send a signal below a min/max rate that I can specify? I am running multiwii actually and am familiar with it, I just didn't know if these lemons continue to output the last values for the channels when it loses radio signal.

If i'm understanding you correctly, the channels would all drop to 0?
ummagawd is offline Find More Posts by ummagawd
Old Jul 13, 2013, 08:14 PM
Joined Jun 2013
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ummagawd View Post
thanks Wolf.

So you're saying that the normal lemon rxs (w/out failsafe) will send a signal below a min/max rate that I can specify? I am running multiwii actually and am familiar with it, I just didn't know if these lemons continue to output the last values for the channels when it loses radio signal.

If i'm understanding you correctly, the channels would all drop to 0?
The fail safe RX drop to 0 signal for 2-3 sec before the failsafe settings kick on, on the nonfailsafe I am not sure what the signal does, but its recommended to test you failsafe setup regardless of what you are using before you fly anyways
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:03 PM
United States, MA, Belmont
Joined Mar 2004
506 Posts
!st lemon receiver - problem HELP!

Hi I just put a new lemon 6 channel feather receiver in my 3 channel airplane-have the aileron servo working the rudder and I'm using an Orange 6 channel transmitter.
I had been flying this transmitter with my Hobbyzone Champ mixing rudder to aileron.
I couldn't mix with this receiver so I just am using the aileron servo for rudder.

The problem is that sometimes after I turn the transmitter(then the receiver) on The receiver red light keeps blinking and doesn't stop.
While it's blinking the controls appear to be working normally.
If I rebind it and shut the receiver and transmitter off and turn the transmitter back on , then the receiver it will act normally and the light goes out.
If I wait while and try that again I get the blinking light again,
What should I do?
or what did I do wrong?.
mgdon is offline Find More Posts by mgdon
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:16 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdon View Post
Hi I just put a new lemon 6 channel feather receiver in my 3 channel airplane-have the aileron servo working the rudder and I'm using an Orange 6 channel transmitter.
I had been flying this transmitter with my Hobbyzone Champ mixing rudder to aileron.
I couldn't mix with this receiver so I just am using the aileron servo for rudder.

The problem is that sometimes after I turn the transmitter(then the receiver) on The receiver red light keeps blinking and doesn't stop.
If I rebind it and shut the receiver and transmitter off and turn the transmitter back on , then the receiver it will act normally and the light goes out.
What should I do?
or what did I do wrong?.
The blinking might be LVC, the battery is too low. Can you try with a new battery?
Cheese5 is online now Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:19 PM
Building with TLAR precision
near Madison, WI
Joined Jan 2009
2,706 Posts
Quote:

What should I do?
or what did I do wrong?.
One question: You removed the binding plug after binding it to the receiver, right? (sorry for asking).

There's no reason that you shouldn't be able to mix rudder with aileron -- the mixing is a function of the transmitter, not the receiver.

I have a feeling that it's a transmitter issue, not a receiver issue. Do you know someone with another Spektrum-compatible transmitter you can test, to determine whether the receiver or the transmitter are at issue?

-= Dave
Zenmaniac is offline Find More Posts by Zenmaniac
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:57 PM
Blue Sky Mining
Australia, VIC, Ballarat
Joined Feb 2009
1,636 Posts
Quote:

What should I do?
or what did I do wrong?.
I get a similar issue occasionally with my 6ch receiver.
It appears occasionally as the red light continually blinking instead of going solid. Usially simply taking off the power and retrying seems to fix it.
When I first got them I tried to bind with a low battery and got the same issue. I suspect the occasonal problem is due getting a surge or poor initial connection plugging in the battery or the bec on the esc not coming up to voltage instantly.

PS I'm running a DM9 spectrum module in a JR388s

PPS have you tried range checking w after you have the problem to see if reception is affected?
batballs is offline Find More Posts by batballs
Last edited by batballs; Jul 14, 2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 03:04 AM
:)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,662 Posts
The slow blinking indicates the receiver has had a power brown out. However if you unplug you batt and then power up again before the caps have fully discharged it takes this as a brown out. It'll fly fine with the slow blink. Try letting it rest for a minute or two and powering up again, it'll be solid.

I believe the 8 & 10 channel RX's are the only ones with failsafe on all channels, positions set during binding. The 6 ch's only have it on throttle. So for multi's make sure you're throttle channel throw is -150% or so when binding. If it looses signal, then MW failsafe will kick in IF IT'S SET.

Hopefully that's all correct...
Soma is online now Find More Posts by Soma
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2013, 07:54 AM
United States, MA, Belmont
Joined Mar 2004
506 Posts
Thanks for all the answers.
I just tried turning on the receiver first then the transmitter.
Solid red light after a few moments.
If I go back to turning on the Tx first then the receiver back to blinking red light.
Is this receiver different from other 2.4 recdeivers in that you turn on the receiver first?
mgdon is offline Find More Posts by mgdon