HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:57 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
The converter is mine, produces KML file, it needs some upgrading actually since I made it before FY officially released the protocol (I reverse engineered the entire telemetry protocol!).
Your hard work is appreciated. It's a very handy tool to see what the plane has been doing and gone.
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:40 PM
When a hobby gets a passion
Thailand, Chon Buri, Pattaya
Joined Sep 2012
782 Posts
Maybe this idea would be helpful for most of us:

When you are flying your FPV with Fy31AP and you did tune the PID settings with success, share your settings with all of us:

Model
Weight
Motor spec
Prop
Number of cells
PID settings

We can use that as a database for others to have a starting point.
Pattaya01 is offline Find More Posts by Pattaya01
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:14 PM
Opt
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Oct 2010
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moti View Post
BB, you are correct look below...took from the hornet manual

Detailed description of the “Current Sensor” port
ENG VCC Connect to battery positive (Red)
CUR AD Connect to the current sensor output signal (White)
+5V +5V power supplied to the current sensor from OSD (Yellow)
ENG GND Connect to battery negative (Black
You have not interpreted correctly. The red wire is wire used by the Hornet to measure the ENG VCC voltage. If you instead feed the RSSI voltage into the red wire then it displays the RSSI voltage in the ENG VCC location. Simples. I use the AV VCC voltage display to monitor the battery voltage instead of ENG VCC.
Opt is online now Find More Posts by Opt
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:09 PM
Norway, Nordland, Leknes
Joined Jun 2012
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattaya01 View Post
Dear Steve,

I never knew this feature of "course and altitude hold". How to enable/disable this?
Hi.
In the gcs you can set which you want. Nav, alt hold or head hold

Bjoern
Thidsa is offline Find More Posts by Thidsa
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:34 PM
Joined Sep 2012
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thidsa View Post
Hi.
In the gcs you can set which you want. Nav, alt hold or head hold

Bjoern
Where? I have attached a screenshot from GCS, it doesn't show this function.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:11 PM
Norway, Nordland, Leknes
Joined Jun 2012
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattaya01 View Post
Where? I have attached a screenshot from GCS, it doesn't show this function.
Im sorry i dont know where it is in 4.0. In 3.0 its in the Option menu as 31AP_Navigation_mode_conf.
Just use 3.0 to set the mode you like.....

Bjoern
Thidsa is offline Find More Posts by Thidsa
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:34 PM
Joined Sep 2012
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thidsa View Post
Im sorry i dont know where it is in 4.0. In 3.0 its in the Option menu as 31AP_Navigation_mode_conf.
Just use 3.0 to set the mode you like.....

Bjoern
That explains. I guess Feiyu also noticed this is a very dangerous mode and removed it from the menu. Once you are on the edge of your telemetry range, setting this mode may bring you out of range and your plane will just go on and on and on........
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:30 PM
Joined Oct 2011
40 Posts
G'day

I'm trying to get the fy31ap out of Navigation mode and into either Fixed–Altitude Flight Mode and Fixed-Heading Flight Mode. I have opened the dialogue box, in the GCS, checked the box/circle as per the instructions hit "confirm" and as per the pdf I wait for "system prompts success" that never happens. The only way to close the box is to click exit, and when I open the box again the unit is still in navigation mode.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, why can't I get the units to change to one of the other modes.

Thanks

(I have tried with 2 units both with the same results)
Peter64 is offline Find More Posts by Peter64
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:27 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
802 Posts
well fytech recieved my fy31ap this week, the gyro needed resetting every day so i sent it back, they said they fixed it as it had a capacitance fault next to the gryo, whatever that means. good service though i guess, so long as i get it back.
motofox is offline Find More Posts by motofox
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:26 PM
Joined Sep 2012
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter64 View Post
G'day

I'm trying to get the fy31ap out of Navigation mode and into either Fixed–Altitude Flight Mode and Fixed-Heading Flight Mode. I have opened the dialogue box, in the GCS, checked the box/circle as per the instructions hit "confirm" and as per the pdf I wait for "system prompts success" that never happens. The only way to close the box is to click exit, and when I open the box again the unit is still in navigation mode.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, why can't I get the units to change to one of the other modes.

Thanks

(I have tried with 2 units both with the same results)
Are you flying with Radio and Telemetry? (double receiver) or just telemetry? I guess as long as your radio is on, the switches on your radio are priority. I am not so sure about this, but I think you have to switch of your radio. I think Steve knows more about this, but I haven't seen him posting for a while. He's the expert.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:45 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,091 Posts
Yes very sorry for the silence here.

I will look at this and see what happens on my end. Sounds like it could be a bug. I like mine in heading hold mode and am a bit afraid to take it out hahahha

Ps I am no expert...
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:02 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2012
802 Posts
hi, just a few questions i hope somone can answer, is it possible to change altitude to feet rather than metres and speed to mph ? also if the plane was flying at 20 metres high and rtl activated, would it climb to default altitude ? or just maintain current altitude the plane was last at before rtl ?

thanks a lot.
motofox is offline Find More Posts by motofox
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:06 PM
Joined Oct 2011
40 Posts
Pattaya01 thanks for the reply

No just the one RX but I haven't even got the unit in a plane at the moment, it is sitting on my desk plugged in with the USB dongle. I would think when you check the box for Fixed–Altitude Flight Mode or Fixed-Heading Flight Mode and hit confirm something would happen. ie that "system prompts success" they state in the PDF (whatever that even means). My CGS sits there with the nav_conf box open and does nothing until I hit exit. When I open the box again the Navigation check box is still checked. I would have thought if indeed the unit has switched to either one of the other modes that box would be checked.
Peter64 is offline Find More Posts by Peter64
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:16 AM
Joined Sep 2012
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter64 View Post
Pattaya01 thanks for the reply

No just the one RX but I haven't even got the unit in a plane at the moment, it is sitting on my desk plugged in with the USB dongle. I would think when you check the box for Fixed–Altitude Flight Mode or Fixed-Heading Flight Mode and hit confirm something would happen. ie that "system prompts success" they state in the PDF (whatever that even means). My CGS sits there with the nav_conf box open and does nothing until I hit exit. When I open the box again the Navigation check box is still checked. I would have thought if indeed the unit has switched to either one of the other modes that box would be checked.
Maybe that is the problem. I think you need to have GPS connected and have a fix on the satellites and need to be moving so that the 31 knows where he is and the heading. Seems logical to me if you have no speed, altitude and heading, there cannot be a heading hold.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:20 AM
Joined Sep 2012
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox View Post
hi, just a few questions i hope somone can answer, is it possible to change altitude to feet rather than metres and speed to mph ? also if the plane was flying at 20 metres high and rtl activated, would it climb to default altitude ? or just maintain current altitude the plane was last at before rtl ?

thanks a lot.
Yes, there are 2 version of firmware: metric and imperial. Should be on Feiyu's website. For the RTL I think it should climb to default altitude. But I did not test and also have no experience with RTL. Never had to use it.