HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:36 AM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor12 View Post

Thanks, Gary. Certainly looks to do the job (MicroGear) as the gear retraction/extension of the 1400 is about the same speed as the 1700. It was this speed that was causing the problems with the EMS sequencer. I'll try Brandons suggestion with the 939MG servos (cheaper!), and if that doesn't work for me, I'll pick up the MicroGear -after sweet talking my controller of the purse strings!! Think I'll leave the Assans in their box.

Shane
FYI: I have the DSR-46T Titans in the P-51 and they deploy at the same speed (7.5 sec.) as the new 716s. Therefore I programed the MicroGear delay to compensate for the slower deployment rate of the DSRs. Also, there is no servo reducers to slow the opening/closing rate of the doors. I programed the MicroGear for the slower speed so it would look more scale and not slam shut. Another advantage is the MicroGear will also control the tail wheel as well, so you only need 1 channel to control everything. Did I mention, you can also program wheel stagger if you so choose.

The B-25 was a different deal. Because it has the 312s which deploy at a much faster rate (1.5 sec.), I was able to compensate the door rates to match them. Although I did retain the same rate of speed as the P-51.

Gary

B-25 Tondelayo__Landing Gear (3 min 37 sec)
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:10 AM
Australia, TAS, Thirlstane
Joined May 2012
177 Posts
Lot of good info there, Gary. It sounds like a versatile piece of kit. Thanks again for that.
condor12 is offline Find More Posts by condor12
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:31 AM
Destin,Fl
Joined Nov 2002
584 Posts
Thanks everyone, I thought that CC was the way to go. Now if I'm flying the 1700 stock do I need the 10A or the 20A bec?
cmk-2 is offline Find More Posts by cmk-2
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:26 AM
flying is everything
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Oct 2010
272 Posts
I'm running a 20 just because the 10amp is up to a 6s so you are right at the max. So a 20amp is up to a 12s so you have some room
jdm2ner is offline Find More Posts by jdm2ner
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:21 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2ner View Post
I'm running a 20 just because the 10amp is up to a 6s so you are right at the max. So a 20amp is up to a 12s so you have some room
+1 on that. You can use the 10a cc bec as others have and I do (not in this plane), but it's at its max. I use the 20a bec.pro in my p51 and there is plenty of room. Which brings up another issue between the 10a and 20a cc bec if you don't have the room for a 20a then 10a. Piece of mind is worth more than the $10 you would save. That's just my opinion.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Last edited by v8truckin; Dec 03, 2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:38 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
I was under the impression from previous posts that the stock ESC and BEC were working well. Is this no longer the case? I have done the prop mod and have the 300kv motor.

Aaron
Aaron Wallace is offline Find More Posts by Aaron Wallace
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:50 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Wallace View Post
I was under the impression from previous posts that the stock ESC and BEC were working well. Is this no longer the case? I have done the prop mod and have the 300kv motor.

Aaron
think there were a handful of ppl which has esc/bec problems, but nothing major... You'll be fine. I pulled the stock esc and added a 100a esc and in the process added a 20a bec do to the load I was adding to the plane. However I've always added a separate bec no matter. FMS took an extra step and added a separate bec and internal bec. Just letting cmk know that if he is going to get a cc bec might as well get the larger 20a bec for the extra $10.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:03 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
think there were a handful of ppl which has esc/bec problems, but nothing major... You'll be fine. I pulled the stock esc and added a 100a esc and in the process added a 20a bec do to the load I was adding to the plane. However I've always added a separate bec no matter. FMS took an extra step and added a separate bec and internal bec. Just letting cmk know that if he is going to get a cc bec might as well get the larger 20a bec for the extra $10.

Thanks v8!

Aaron
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:22 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Wallace View Post

Aaron
It's just a preference thing....you'll be fine
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:52 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Thanks Brandon. I did not really want to pull the electronics again. I carved out additional cooling and installation channels and did the vent mod. I also poked holes through the decals covering the cowl vents as you suggested. There is a lot of open space now and air should move through very well. I have my Moon pilot school graduate in place, the PZ-V2 retracts and new srtuts installed, inner door magnets in place, exhaust and gun port and other small details painted. I just need to paint the wheel wells and I am waiting for my Callie-Graphics for the kill markings for the canopy to arrive and she should be good to go! I had to sand the wing roots a bit to get the wing to fit better to the fuse too. there was a big gap. I had to realign the motor mount too. Much thanks to everyone on this thread. I look forward reading more posts. And getting airborne myself!

Aaron

I was thinking of separating the inner gear doors from the multi connectors and plugging them into aux inputs to the receiver so as to correct the sequencing via my Tx but, I do not want the additional connections each time I put the wings on. Maybe later down the road.
Last edited by Aaron Wallace; Dec 03, 2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:26 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,514 Posts
Wouldn't the inner gear doors only need one extra lead? (Y them first).
But even if two.... you lazy bird!!! LOL
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skyzone Goggles - Button Shield
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:32 PM
San Diego
Joined Oct 2006
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
Wouldn't the inner gear doors only need one extra lead? (Y them first).
But even if two.... you lazy bird!!! LOL
You have point there! I guess that I am being a bit lazy about that... I may reconsider ...

Aaron
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:24 PM
Australia, TAS, Thirlstane
Joined May 2012
177 Posts
Been meaning to ask for a while now. Two small rectangular magnets came with my FF. They are not shown in the fit manual. Anyone know what they're for? Might use them for door magnets if they don't have a purpose. Ta.
condor12 is offline Find More Posts by condor12
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:52 PM
Canada, QC
Joined Nov 2012
154 Posts
You know what would be real neat, for those gear doors, like the real Mustang
when the motor is not running, doors open and as soon as the motor spin they close, now that would be cool.
mcfast is offline Find More Posts by mcfast
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:54 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,760 Posts
I think they may be for the canopy back end to help stop the back end from lifting. Although mine didn't come with any magnets and doesn't have that problem.