New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Mar 06, 2014, 04:40 PM
abgolden is online now
Find More Posts by abgolden
Registered User
United States, NJ, Hillside
Joined Feb 2014
313 Posts
Discussion
pimping the ride...

so i got tired of looking at my silver HF P-51 so i painted it i also did a few other mods to it, like a new battery hatch, i put magnets on the canopy and its nice and snug i also put magnets on the wing so that i dont need to unscrew the two screws that hold the wings in place. i also gutted the plane because im putting all new electronics inside.


check it out
abgolden is online now Find More Posts by abgolden
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2014, 04:56 PM
Plane Chaos is offline
Find More Posts by Plane Chaos
Joined Dec 2009
1,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abgolden View Post
so i got tired of looking at my silver HF P-51 so i painted it i also did a few other mods to it, like a new battery hatch, i put magnets on the canopy and its nice and snug i also put magnets on the wing so that i dont need to unscrew the two screws that hold the wings in place. i also gutted the plane because im putting all new electronics inside.


check it out
ab,

I suggest you post in the altready existing thread:-

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...84&postcount=1

P.S.

I am a great fan of magnets, and all the things you can do with them
... but I fear relying on just magnets to hold your wings on
... is courting disaster
... even if you have chosen to use powerful rare-earth magnets.

Plane Chaos is offline Find More Posts by Plane Chaos
Last edited by Plane Chaos; Mar 06, 2014 at 05:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2014, 07:26 PM
abgolden is online now
Find More Posts by abgolden
Registered User
United States, NJ, Hillside
Joined Feb 2014
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Chaos View Post
ab,

I suggest you post in the altready existing thread:-

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...84&postcount=1

P.S.

I am a great fan of magnets, and all the things you can do with them
... but I fear relying on just magnets to hold your wings on
... is courting disaster
... even if you have chosen to use powerful rare-earth magnets.




I've seen a few arf and rtf kits where the wings are held on by magnets, I only have one in there right now and yes it does come off easy but I plan on having 3 all together to hold the wing on
abgolden is online now Find More Posts by abgolden
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2014, 07:41 PM
Plane Chaos is offline
Find More Posts by Plane Chaos
Joined Dec 2009
1,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abgolden View Post
I've seen a few arf and rtf kits where the wings are held on by magnets, I only have one in there right now and yes it does come off easy but I plan on having 3 all together to hold the wing on
... be it on your own head then

... seriously though, whyever would you risk it, for the sake of two screws ?

Plane Chaos is offline Find More Posts by Plane Chaos
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2014, 09:26 PM
cmdl is offline
Find More Posts by cmdl
Y=C+I+G
cmdl's Avatar
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
10,001 Posts
could i bother you for a video of an outside loop?
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2014, 09:58 PM
Uusitalo is offline
Find More Posts by Uusitalo
"The Uzitalo nine millimeter"
Uusitalo's Avatar
☭Finland☭
Joined Nov 2009
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
could i bother you for a video of an outside loop?
You are really evil
Uusitalo is offline Find More Posts by Uusitalo
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2014, 10:36 PM
cmdl is offline
Find More Posts by cmdl
Y=C+I+G
cmdl's Avatar
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
10,001 Posts
mea culpa
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2014, 11:07 PM
Uusitalo is offline
Find More Posts by Uusitalo
"The Uzitalo nine millimeter"
Uusitalo's Avatar
☭Finland☭
Joined Nov 2009
211 Posts
Maxima culpa
Uusitalo is offline Find More Posts by Uusitalo
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion VW commercials "Un-pimp your ride" MrMootsie Life, The Universe, and Politics 56 Mar 26, 2006 08:58 AM
Pimp My Ride: Formoplast INFERNO from Hobby Lobby kevbeer 3D Flying 0 Jul 30, 2005 02:03 AM
Pimp my Ride - 4x4 edition SchiessCo Life, The Universe, and Politics 6 Mar 10, 2005 03:34 PM
Glenn Delconte "Pimped my ride" Jeff Meyers Sport Planes 39 Oct 30, 2004 09:55 PM
Pimp MY RIDE!!! kornkidd Off-road Cars 6 Aug 22, 2004 10:11 PM