HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2014, 11:51 PM
Joined Jul 2010
27 Posts
Question
Which Phoenix model is most like an AG (Auto-G2, ideally)

Hi guys -- All I have flown for years now is helis. A couple of very rough maiden flights with the Auto-G2 yesterday convinced me that I really need to get some stick time on an airplane. There used to be a Cierva in Phoenix flight sim, but now no AGs at all!

Can someone suggest a Phoenix flight sim model that kinda sorta mimics the flight dynamics of an Auto-G2? (Does anyone here even try to use a sim to keep their hand in for AG flying?)

Thanks for your help. All thoughts and suggestions welcome!
crashmore is offline Find More Posts by crashmore
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:31 AM
Joined Jul 2010
27 Posts
I'm using the little Stearman biplane in hand launch mode. (The Stearman being the airplane that my father learned to fly in in the Army Air Corps back in the '40s.) I think it might be about as good an approximation of an AG as I'm likely to find? I tried the bigger Piper Cub model, but it was too stable, forgiving, and easy to fly.

I'm surprised that no one here seems to be using a flight simulator. (Helicopter guys use them all the time to stay in practice.)
crashmore is offline Find More Posts by crashmore
Old Oct 16, 2014, 08:55 AM
south germany
Joined May 2009
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmore View Post
I'm using the little Stearman biplane in hand launch mode. (The Stearman being the airplane that my father learned to fly in in the Army Air Corps back in the '40s.) I think it might be about as good an approximation of an AG as I'm likely to find? I tried the bigger Piper Cub model, but it was too stable, forgiving, and easy to fly.

I'm surprised that no one here seems to be using a flight simulator. (Helicopter guys use them all the time to stay in practice.)
We´re all perfect pilots, never crash, no need for simulator.
rainerm is offline Find More Posts by rainerm