SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 15, 2014, 01:30 PM
Jack of all master of none
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebite666 View Post
Well I'm assuming the rear gear isn't supporting HUGE amounts of weight...
But if it's just skin, yeah, some sort of support inside would be good, don't wanna grab the tail to turn it and push the struts thru the skin!!!
YES It's not the weight it's if you were to roll it and it was to catch on something the gear would come loose fairly easy; I feel better w/ something locked in.

Bruce
splinterz25 is offline Find More Posts by splinterz25
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2014, 06:34 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,594 Posts
I had to glue in some 3/8" dowels w/ holes drilled in them to give the front struts some BEEF
It's only 1/8" balsa skin back there; I glued them in w/ Gorilla glue after wetting the dowels.
I had brass inserts w/ plates but I didn't need those, the 3/8 poplar dowels are fine for this.

I also did some work on the tail feathers I installed a removable hing for the top of the rudder.

And I also fit and drilled in a brass insert for my fiberglass tail piece counter sunk and screwed it on.

I finished the aft beaching gear and panted it, I like these wheels better than the front ones and maybe ordering 4 solid rubber ones for the front; they are getting flat.
They must not be rated for a plane this size .

Check it,
Old Today, 02:49 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,594 Posts
HERE'S WHAT I'M DOING I COLOR CODE THE PLUG ENDS.
THE WING BOLT WILL PULL THE CONNECTORS TOGETHER.
THAT PART IS EASY: REMEMBERING WHAT THE
I DID A YEAR AGO IS THE PROBLEM. LOL

Bruce