HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:29 AM
Joined Feb 2013
4 Posts
Discussion
arf help

Im panning on buying a pnf plane. Can anyone clarify me on setting up an arf plane? Can i use the hobbyking tx&rx on any plane? Or do i have to change the connections on rx/battery? Or does the pnf plane come with no connections if so which type should i buy for the rx?

for instance this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...2_Mode_2_.html and http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...lug_n_Fly.html
wild_one61 is offline Find More Posts by wild_one61
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:41 AM
Minnesota
Joined Jun 2007
1,916 Posts
With this be your first plane? If it is, I dont recommend a P47 for your first flight. A high wing trainer would be your best bet to get started.

As for your question, you would be able to use that transmitter with that plane. Most servos use the same type of connector. The only time that I know they are different is for micro planes. Setting up that TX with the P47 would be as simple as binding the receiver to the transmitter and plugging everything in. You would also need to supply a battery with the plane as well. They recommend a 3 cell 1300mAh lipo, which is cheap on their website.

I would recommend getting a transmitter such as this one:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...r_Mode_2_.html

Mainly because you are able to program more than one model.

I would read the beginner training forum to choose the best model for you, and revisit the P47 after you get some experience. It will save you money. Some popular trainers are the GWS Slow Stick, Parkzone Super Cub.

If you are set on getting that radio, I would also check out this. It is a RTF trainer that comes with the radio. After you learn to fly, simply take the receiver out and put it into something new.

Good luck!
hot glue is offline Find More Posts by hot glue
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:51 AM
Joined Feb 2013
4 Posts
thanks man!! its actually going to be my 3rd . ive been buying rtf and want to save some cash
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:53 AM
Teddy Ong
Joined Nov 2012
580 Posts
Buy the Orange T SIX. Complete copy of DX6i, except orange and a bit different here and there.

Get a high wing trainer, a champ, a powered glider, or a super cub.
+1 on champ.
Teddy Ong is offline Find More Posts by Teddy Ong
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:53 AM
Minnesota
Joined Jun 2007
1,916 Posts
What have you flown?
hot glue is offline Find More Posts by hot glue
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:48 PM
darn you, kakka carrot cake.
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2012
1,016 Posts
dont get a warbird just yet. look for a high wing trainer like teddy said.

and yes you can use any tx/rx with any plane, the servos and ESC jr connector have to be the same style (which is almost always the JR connector.)
derpron is offline Find More Posts by derpron
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:57 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Ong View Post
Buy the Orange T SIX. Complete copy of DX6i, except orange and a bit different here and there.

Get a high wing trainer, a champ, a powered glider, or a super cub.
+1 on champ.
where is this Orange T SIX TX ??
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:08 PM
Teddy Ong
Joined Nov 2012
580 Posts
Search on hobby king. I believe it is about 80US, and have DSM and DSM2. Almost same as DX6i,except a orange plastic casing. So cheap!
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:03 AM
Joined Feb 2013
4 Posts
Ive flown an easy fly glider and a hobbyking superchb. I just like the look of the warbird and tried it on sim for a few weeks and ive got the hang of it . Do you guys think i should get it or something else?
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:32 AM
Teddy Ong
Joined Nov 2012
580 Posts
You can, but If you are dead set on a warbird, a T-28 or a P-51 mustang will be much more easier for you. Have you attempted scratch building it? It will be quite cool.