SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:20 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
It is the perfect size. Kinda wishing it was a balsa though since mine has only had 6 flights and it looks like it has had 600. I hate to even look at it for fear of adding a a new dent to go along with all the ones that came standard on it new out of the box...
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:26 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
You don't know what you're missing Joel. A small plane unlike any other. That's ok though, just leaves more batteries for the rest of us. I've decided I need more for the days it's too cold to fool with charging at the field. Just can't get enough of this thing.
+1 here
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:56 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
It is the perfect size. Kinda wishing it was a balsa though since mine has only had 6 flights and it looks like it has had 600. I hate to even look at it for fear of adding a a new dent to go along with all the ones that came standard on it new out of the box...
I agree on the balsa. Aside from the UMs and my Radian Pro, all of my other planes have been balsa & ply. They age better & usually fly better than foamies. On the other hand, I do stuff down low with these little foamies that I'd never do down low with my balsa ships. I tend to fly my balsa planes much more conservatively.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:02 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
Joel, RG, Just get one asap!!
Quote:
JJust got home from a half day EQQ Ob-session.
My 3S B3D & new Sbach 3D did not get flwn.
Well, Joel may be lucky enough to get his hands on one before Christmas, but that doesn't seem to be the case here up north! And january is not the best time to get a new airplane! One of the drawback of being canadian...

I'm not 100% sold yet on the 540QQ yet too. I somewhat feel it's very close to what the Beast or Sbach can do, but not WAY better. All the videos show great KEs, great harriers, great pattern moves, but hover is only so-so (not locked in, just slightly better). So for me, it's a question of: do I want a third airplane that does pretty much the same thing as my Beast/Sbach, slightly bigger, but you have to make a box for it? Remember, I'm not a speed freak, I fly most of my airplanes stock, so I'm not sure the 540QQ will bring me much more... Anyway, there's no way I'm buying an airplane in january, so, I'll have lots of time to make up my mind!

For you it's a new airplane, so sure enough, the old ones (Beast/Sbach) will stay in the hangar for while. But will they truly stay in the hangar forever because of that airplane?
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:12 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Can't get my plane to bind, I have tried shorting the bind plug with hemostats, driver, etc...

The LED on the receiver has no lights come on, but I can hear the beeping from the motor.

I am hoping it is because the battery is not fully charged.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:14 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
Did you order it from A Main?? I live here in Chico where A Main is headquartered. They told me they we'rnt getting another batch of them till end of December. :-(
Yeah thats where i ordered from last monday on cyber monday. I didnt know they had a walk in store its been shipped just taking forever to get here
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:15 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
You don't know what you're missing Joel. A small plane unlike any other. That's ok though, just leaves more batteries for the rest of us. I've decided I need more for the days it's too cold to fool with charging at the field. Just can't get enough of this thing.

bbly,

Picked my youngest up from school.
Ran a couple of errands for my wife.
Noticed the lack of wind. aka: Dead Calm!
Two stop lights and one mile later, my EQQ was in the air.
She really has some moves with 150% servo throws.

Jel,

I'm flying 10 min on the Hyp 550s and still not replacing 80%.
The Hyp 320s are giving me 5~6 min super light flights.
Perfect batt for touch-n-go work from a small field.

Will be test flying lightened T.P.s next.
Do you think there will be a demand for lightened T.P. (3S) 325 65C w/JST-XH taps?

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:17 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Can't get my plane to bind, I have tried shorting the bind plug with hemostats, driver, etc...

The LED on the receiver has no lights come on, but I can hear the beeping from the motor.

I am hoping it is because the battery is not fully charged.

grovey,

Throttle trim all the way down?

Paper clip works awesome to short the bind pins.

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:21 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
grovey,

Throttle trim all the way down?

Paper clip works awesome to short the bind pins.

rc
When we say throttle trim all the way down, I am guessing that is not neutral as per normal?

Isn't that just with arming the ESC or is trim all the way down for binding too?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:05 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,141 Posts
Quote:
When we say throttle trim all the way down, I am guessing that is not neutral as per normal?

Isn't that just with arming the ESC or is trim all the way down for binding too?
YES YES YES ........later on after binding ,trim must be taken off netural to arm esc every time
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:08 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Looks like I bought a dud, there are no lights on the receiver at all, even after shorting the bind plugs for a while.

Thoughts?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:08 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,519 Posts
yep yep... having just had this issue recently... both the stick and trim must be at 0 (all the way down.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:10 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,519 Posts
Quote:
Looks like I bought a dud, there are no lights on the receiver at all, even after shorting the bind plugs for a while.

Thoughts?
Do not follow the manual... (it says to hook battery first, I could not and never have had a spektrum Rx go into bind this way)

1. short the pins on the Rx
2. hook flight battery up as normal
3. put Tx in bind mode (with both the stick and trim all way down)
4. un-short the pins
5. unhook flight battery

hook battery back up, with Tx on.. should link up and arm ESC
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:16 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,824 Posts
Does the RX flash like every other rx ever does? or does this one not do anything?
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:24 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
Are you sure you're shorting out the rx and on the correct model? Just asking. Got to make sure you have it trimmed all the way down and the throttle stick is all the way down. I know everyone has said that, but it has to be or it's a no go.
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge