SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by flyingpete, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:59 PM
loves to fly...
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Apr 2012
92 Posts
Trader Rating: 58
Sold
SPEKTRUMIZED Nine Eagles P-47 // (3) Hyp 160mAh // $60

I'm writing this for ppl that may not know everything about um's and what this is since alot of beginners are into them...so if you know this stuff bear with my lengthy explainations please!

I bought the fuselage, main wing, and elevator/rudder (entire airframe kit) of a Nine Eagles P-47 and put in the guts from a PZ T-28 when it had enough repairs to the airframe. This is a known easy swap-over. *** You need a DX5e and UP Transmitter to reverse the Aileron Servo***

I've flown it THREE times to make sure it's trimmed MECHANICALLY as perfect as can be and to make sure the CG is good so when future repairs are made there is room for battery movement. (And to enjoy it a lil before I sell it

It flies great and has better wings (beefier/thicker) than the T-28. Also snap rolls better. Def a step up from the T-28. It's probably close to the P-51, but I'd be guessing since I've never owned a P-51...

I'm selling it b/c I'm ready to move on, I bought this P-47 airframe awhile ago expecting to use it when my T-28 went south. Instead, I've gotten pretty good at flying and am looking at getting a faster 2s lipo plane before this one gets trashed after time and I can't recoup a couple of bucks. So that's why I'm selling.

Anyway, without further backstory rambling here's things to mention:

*Everything works perfect, no sticky servos & fairly new motor with plenty of life left.
*Perfect airframe with NO repairs
*Added thin carbon rods to elevator surfaces
*Added thin carbon rod to rudder
*Clear package taped in strategic areas for strength and crash-proofing
*Printed decals on labels from printer and applied to look like the original sticker kit (Doesn't look all shiny awesome but it looks good & while flying its all the same)
*Brick, Aileron Servo, and GB installed using low temp glue gun (strong hold and easy to remove).

*Has RCFunLabs Prop Saver
(This serves 2 functions: Saves prop in crashes & allows use of GWS 5043 prop to fit on stock shaft. The GWS 5043 prop makes it faster and they are cheaper than stock props too)
*Has RCFunLabs Prop Spinner (for scale look and cushioning in a crash)
*Obviously, has a GWS 5043 prop on it.

*Including (1) Spare GWS 5043 prop with (1) Spare Spinner
*Including a few Spare Rubber Bands I have left
*Including (3) Hyperion 160mAh 1s lipo batteries that are only 2 months old (these batteries help get most out of upgraded prop AKA a quality battery).

PAYPAL only, and I pay paypal fees.

If you live in the midwest to west coast it's $60, plus shipping. If you live in the midwest to east coast it's $60, shipping free (I'll pay it). Why? B/c at what point is used stuff worth it?? If you live on the east coast (far from me, I'm in Washington State) and want it bad but shipping kills the great deal--that's bogus imo. I'm not trying to get top dollar for this and despise ppl who do--it's USED! So ya, I'm being fair and just recouping some cash.

Thanks for the interest, sorry so long winded...I just rather give all full details than not enough.
flyingpete is offline Find More Posts by flyingpete
Last edited by flyingpete; Oct 05, 2012 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Price Reduced
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:44 PM
Muscle Shoals, Al.
Joined Oct 2004
337 Posts
Trader Rating: 51
Nice!
kissfan is offline Find More Posts by kissfan
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:50 PM
loves to fly...
Joined Apr 2012
92 Posts
thanks kissfan.. it is nice actually. flies great.

**And if any of you are interested in the plane but have plenty of batteries I'd sell it for $20 cheaper... Those batteries aren't cheap!**

I'm sure I could sell the batteries seperatly..
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:09 AM
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Nov 2011
118 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
u dont need Hyperion batterys for 10 less mah you can get them for 5-7 dollers a peice
tommy2toes is offline Find More Posts by tommy2toes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Arkbird OSD w/gps plug n play
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:36 AM
loves to fly...
Joined Apr 2012
92 Posts
I don't think hyperion makes 150mAh, but I know other brands do.

However your right, you don't need Hyperions... Thunderpower and Miniaviation are good ones too. All batteries listed in this post are quality though, and aren't as cheap as say nano-tech (just to give an extreme).

Also, you can get lower mAh batteries and they'll be a touch cheaper. But these are 160 mAh so they will give you a little more flight time than a 150mAh and are $6.95 each. Pretty expensive to me for 1s...but you get what you pay for! So ya, 3 X $6.95= $20.85. And theyre practically new!

BUT, since I've received 100 views and no one is interested (which surprises me a little) PRICE BUMP is now in affect.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:38 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Nice.
felipewvu is offline Find More Posts by felipewvu
Last edited by felipewvu; Oct 05, 2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:51 AM
Chillicothe, OH
Joined Mar 2008
262 Posts
Trader Rating: 41
Someone neede to jump on this one. I have the same plane converted to Spektrum using P-51 guts and it is one of my favorites. Flies slow or fast with no tendance to tip stall.
jwman is online now Find More Posts by jwman
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:47 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Trader Rating: 148
Glad I am not the only one doing this Love my yak/blue p51! Great price here guys
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:04 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,481 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Sent a pm earlier, maybe I'm first in line?
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:06 PM
loves to fly...
Joined Apr 2012
92 Posts
To all above, thanks for your positive comments in aiding this sale. Indeed the Nine-Eagles line airframes are good and cheaper than horizon stuff, thats for sure. But the spektrum capability is obviously better!

Derk, yes you are first in line. I'm sending you a PM and everyone else after this post.

Next in line:

Airborne08
B Potter
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:27 PM
United States, UT, West Valley City
Joined Jul 2012
2 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Pm sent, thanks
Kent1962 is online now Find More Posts by Kent1962
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:40 AM
Muscle Shoals, Al.
Joined Oct 2004
337 Posts
Trader Rating: 51
So is it sold?
kissfan is offline Find More Posts by kissfan
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:38 AM
loves to fly...
Joined Apr 2012
92 Posts
Pretty much.. I'm giving Derk 24 hrs. to make payment, which I'm sure he will. Then I have 3 other ppl ready to take it as well. My guess would be 1 out of 3 would be more than happy to have this at this price.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:14 PM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Oct 2008
338 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
$40 shipped?!?! I would say so... that's darn near giving it away!

This would have been a fun plane to have a "silent auction" on... bet it would have gone pretty high... (still nice you sold it cheap though)
Kevinfred is offline Find More Posts by Kevinfred
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:23 AM
United States, TN, Knox
Joined Sep 2011
126 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
SPEKTRUMIZED Nine Eagles P-47 // (3) Hyp 160mAh

flyingpete,
Status update?
pegasus.pony is offline Find More Posts by pegasus.pony
Closed Thread