HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:31 PM
Norway, Akershus, As
Joined Apr 2007
161 Posts
Discussion
Rchobby.com.cn fraud or properly store?

I was looking for a new AT-6 Texan when I came across an model with a wingspan 2135m, this is the same model that you get on Hobbyking but this store had a significantly lower price.
Before ordering I sent them some emails with questions about shipping costs and how I could order the correct version since I wanted one color combination.
After a few days I get an answer, without quite get the answers I wanted. I therefore asked if they could create a separate product from the version I wanted since it decreased the risk that they sent the wrong edition and said that I could easily pay with paypal. In response that they said that they didnt use paypal and a long strip of bank accounts I can transfer the amount to.

I responded to this email that I thought this was suspicious since it they was writing about paypal on their site several places and that me this was wery strange and the same as fraud. After this, it was very quiet and no more respons!

Is there anyone who has shopped at this store, or is it just a scam shop?
Lars N is offline Find More Posts by Lars N
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2013, 05:15 PM
New Zealand, Marlborough, Blenheim
Joined Jun 2012
430 Posts
Never used them but looked at their site and looks like a typical Chinese site. They have Paypal so if it doesn't work wouldn't use them. The other possibility is that your email was hacked and someone has given you false bank details. This is getting quite common.
otherhalf2 is online now Find More Posts by otherhalf2
Old Nov 29, 2013, 07:35 PM
Joined Nov 2013
2 Posts
This is not a reliable website. Two weeks ago, I order a 1/5 scale gasoline Baja. Requested to pay by Paypal but was told to pay thru' T/T. Two days ago the parcel arrived, upon opening it was a 1/8 scale nitro truck ( old model, the printing on the box was fading, seem to be obsolete stock). I have send them a few e-mails but there was no reply. I even called them, nobody answer . I am stupid enough not observe the tell tale sign(payment by Paypal on their website). A lesson learned.
Jimmy Ng is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy Ng
Old Nov 30, 2013, 03:20 AM
Norway, Akershus, As
Joined Apr 2007
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Ng View Post
This is not a reliable website. Two weeks ago, I order a 1/5 scale gasoline Baja. Requested to pay by Paypal but was told to pay thru' T/T. Two days ago the parcel arrived, upon opening it was a 1/8 scale nitro truck ( old model, the printing on the box was fading, seem to be obsolete stock). I have send them a few e-mails but there was no reply. I even called them, nobody answer . I am stupid enough not observe the tell tale sign(payment by Paypal on their website). A lesson learned.
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this store. Was just such a thing I feared when I got answers from them concerning this AT-6 airplane I was thinking abouyt buying from them.
Since the payment was not made ​​with paypal but banktransfer its difficult to get them back. But we will do our best to sure that people are warned against these stores that are doing frauds in this hobby.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 05:28 AM
Norway, Akershus, As
Joined Apr 2007
161 Posts
There was no AT-6 at me from this shop after reading other people's problems with their orders, especially since they didnt took paypal. It was a shame because they had a good price on the model I wanted, but it was not worth the risk.

Now it has been almost 8 months and yesterday I suddenly got an email from the store that they disovered this thread I had made ​​on Rcgroups. You can se the emails below and my answer, I'm at least very glad I didnt use any of my money here. This confirmed to me just how little serious they are.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
19/6-2014
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We never mind if you buy from us, we never mind buyers like you.

How could you defame us?

What's you proof?

Can we issue following content?

If Lars Jnorberg from Norway a scammer?

If Lars Jnorberg from Norway always make fraud everywhere?

Can we issue such content everywhere, just like you?

If you are sure, then we'd like to do so.

If everyone just like you to makes rumors, what our society would be?

Have you got school education?

Havn't your teachers and your family told you how to respect others?

Lin Bin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
This was a surprising email and I feel sorry for you. I did strongly considered ordering an AT-6 from you for almost a year ago. But you never answered me at last the emails and there were a lot of things with their page that was a little suspicious.

Such as:

- You are using a gmail for email
- You have lot of info about paypal and Visa payment but you said that you only wanted bank transfer.
- I asked you to make a own item for the yellow and black Version, but you never did
- You never answered my question I had

Especially when I was in first email asked to transfer money to the account and that you did not have paypal even if you are using paypal logo in several places on your site. Therefore, I posted a request on the forum before I place an order to check if this shop was a proparly store or not. Unfortunately for you it was just bad experiences and because of that I didnt order from you.
I have neither the ability nor the desire to delete the thread on rcgoups . If you have satisfied customers, they will probably recommend you further. Good stores will gett good reviews!

Have a Nice day..

Lars

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18/6-2014
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, Mr. Lars,

We are very angry.

You never bought anything from us, and we never sold anything to you.

Why you told people that we are scammer with fraud.

Here's your issue:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2027107

Please delete it.

It is immoral to defame others!!!!

Lin Bin

RC Hobby Store Inc.
Tel: 0086-769-3327-8600
Email: sales@rchobby.com.cn
rchobby86@gmail.com
Site: http://www.rchobby.com.cn/

Old Jun 20, 2014, 09:28 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,063 Posts
I'm not defending RC Hobby.com by any means, but I do believe in researching facts before I deal with anyone. the second link can be clicked from the first one, but in case someone misses that....

http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/rchobby.com.cn
http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/rchobby.com.cn
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam