HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2013, 03:57 AM
Joined Apr 2013
1 Posts
Whoops!
Trouble with low rpm

Hello everyone
I just bought the walkera v120d02s and i were going to try to fly it for the first time. It spun up the first time but later when i tried it. It didn't spin up like it did the first time. It was "hacking" on the low rpm and i didn't get it to spin up to the usual rpm. I still have the problem so what can be wrong?
Thanks for the responds and happy flying
R4MBO is offline Find More Posts by R4MBO
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2013, 03:08 PM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4MBO View Post
Hello everyone
I just bought the walkera v120d02s and i were going to try to fly it for the first time. It spun up the first time but later when i tried it. It didn't spin up like it did the first time. It was "hacking" on the low rpm and i didn't get it to spin up to the usual rpm. I still have the problem so what can be wrong?
Dead battery? Did you charge it properly?

Other than that check the blades for being bend too much. They might drag more instead of giving lift or something along those lines.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Jun 28, 2013, 06:19 AM
High VulTAge
Joined Apr 2013
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4MBO View Post
Hello everyone
spin the rotor with your fingers, does it spin freely and a couple times around? or does it stop instantly or at a certain point? If the rotor and tail spin smooth and freely,.. I would say, u may have a loose wire, or connection. It did spin up good the first time? Did you happen to crash it? I would check the batt connectors as those little white ones can burn up, or I've also seen the wires almost fall out of them, and need soldering,.. I recommend replacing them all with Micro Deans. Also check the motor connectors. Mine get pretty warm, I'm thinking of eliminating the motor plug, and solder direct. Your pinion could be too tight. If you tighten any of the tail holding or tail servo screws onto the tailshaft too tight,.. it can bind up the tail shaft inside of it. If you crashed and the carbon fiber broke,. it can also bind it up. Start there.
Vultage is offline Find More Posts by Vultage