New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2015, 01:05 AM
Find More Posts by Doc Austin
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
18,147 Posts
Got the replacement 60" Extra almost finished today. All that's left is mounting Pilot X, but it's 2am and I am beat.

Something new is that I can get almost 90 degrees with a very reasonable gap. I don't know if the design has been improved or my hinge technique is getting better.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2015, 01:24 AM
Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
5,692 Posts
When I got the replacement stabs for my 91" extra the bevels were at a greater angle which allowed for more throw. Don't know if they changed it on the 60"ers too.
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
Old Apr 28, 2015, 01:54 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
18,147 Posts
I was getting 76 degrees on my last 60" Extra and it was perfect like that. I could go for more with a bigger arm but the last Extra flew so well I am afraid to change anything. That plane was dead on perfect right out of the box, which is why I am still so mad at myself for stupidly crashing it.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 03:12 AM
Find More Posts by Gregertman
United States, IL, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2013
1,498 Posts
Looks good DocA. I hope it flys as good as the last one but lasts much much longer.
Gregertman is offline Find More Posts by Gregertman
Old Apr 28, 2015, 03:34 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
18,147 Posts
Thanks! OK, now it's finished. This was a very smooth build.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 04:04 PM
Find More Posts by jk6672
John
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
2,980 Posts
Looks good. I need one, it's the only 60 I don't have.
jk6672 is online now Find More Posts by jk6672
Old Apr 29, 2015, 07:31 AM
Find More Posts by clint mclaugh
United States, FL, Belleview
Joined Jan 2008
283 Posts
looks great doc. I love the detail on the wheel pants on the extra
clint mclaugh is offline Find More Posts by clint mclaugh
Old Apr 29, 2015, 09:58 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
18,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clint mclaugh View Post
I love the detail on the wheel pants on the extra
They come that way! Those pants also look good on a the red 60" MXS, and would probably look good on the red Edge too.
Old May 01, 2015, 01:41 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
18,147 Posts
I tested my new 60" Extra today and it could not have gone any better. The plane was dead on perfect right out of the box. Instead of trimming the plane out, I just threw down with it, which is a pretty good testimony for a plane when you can do that on a maiden flight.

Old May 01, 2015, 05:18 PM
Find More Posts by Eddge
Hey y'all!!! Watch this!!!
United States, VA, Gloucester
Joined Jul 2007
417 Posts
I did the same thing with mine. I think I trimmed it on the third flight. It had a little warp in the wing, but it's all fixed now. I love my Extra. I plan on flying it several times this Sunday. Don't even miss the MXS, but I do like the way the Edge does parachutes!
Eddge is offline Find More Posts by Eddge
Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM
Find More Posts by jk6672
John
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
2,980 Posts
It's been a while since anyone has posted in this thread, I had to go looking for it!

This is the only 60 I haven't had. I should just get it and be done with it

I've been a little Yak crazy lately and I was even thinking about trying the Carbon Z Yak 54, just because I'd like to try the AS3X. Maybe later though since I already have a set of 7245's and a Talon 90 I took out of my MXS when I replaced in with a ICE lite 100.

Have they made any changes to this airframe since introduced? Does it come with a CF wing spar tube or the old fragile style? Plastic wing bolts or Allen screws?
Will I have any balance problems with having the Talon on the motor box, like the MXS?
jk6672 is online now Find More Posts by jk6672
Old Yesterday, 03:37 PM
Find More Posts by Marza Taxx
Joined Mar 2014
242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6672 View Post
It's been a while since anyone has posted in this thread, I had to go looking for it!

This is the only 60 I haven't had. I should just get it and be done with it

I've been a little Yak crazy lately and I was even thinking about trying the Carbon Z Yak 54, just because I'd like to try the AS3X. Maybe later though since I already have a set of 7245's and a Talon 90 I took out of my MXS when I replaced in with a ICE lite 100.

Have they made any changes to this airframe since introduced? Does it come with a CF wing spar tube or the old fragile style? Plastic wing bolts or Allen screws?
Will I have any balance problems with having the Talon on the motor box, like the MXS?
If you get a CZ Yak, be sure to reinforce the battery tray. Its a plastic tray with spikes that protrude from the bottom of it. These spikes are glued into the foam of the fuse. It is prone to ejecting the battery and tray during high G maneuvers. It is a very capable airframe and the wire landing gear is very forgiving. I believe the wings have tabs that are screwed into the fuse. CF wing tube. I had the V1 model. Not sure of any upgrades with the new color scheme. Maybe the battery tray problem has been resolved.
Marza Taxx is offline Find More Posts by Marza Taxx
Old Yesterday, 10:20 PM
Find More Posts by RC_Kid
Registered Crasher
United States, NJ, Lincoln Park
Joined Apr 2005
104 Posts
Hello everyone!

I have some spare electronics laying around and am wondering if I could get a second opinion how well they will work.

I have all the guts out of an E-Flite Splendor. From my calculations it will produce about 1,100 watts of power. I know it will be a little less than the Extreme Flight combo pack, but I personally think it will fly the plane well. I just want to see what you all think before I pull the trigger. I will link the parts below that I have on hand.

Motor: http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLM7450

ESC: http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...odID=EFLA1060B

Servos: http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLR7145

On the original BNF plane there was an APC 14 / 7 prop. I am assuming if I go up a bit on the ESC rating I can get away with a 15" no problem, but hopefully that won't be necessary.

Thank you everyone for your opinions, hopefully this will work for me!
Will
RC_Kid is offline Find More Posts by RC_Kid
Old Today, 01:29 AM
Find More Posts by Gregertman
United States, IL, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2013
1,498 Posts
The motor and esc will fly the plane. But it won't be near as capable. The e-flight servos are complete garbage. They are also to small they might work ok in the 48 inch class planes but I wouldn't recomend using them in any plane that is not a foamy. They have way to many failures. My local hobby shop had a 5 gallon bucket size box filled half way up with them to send back for warranty.
Gregertman is offline Find More Posts by Gregertman