SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 10, 2014, 12:58 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ivybridge
Joined Sep 2013
39 Posts
Is there a recommended version of BruGi ? currently i have flashed 050 r217 on to the V3 Martinez Board, loaded the suggested gopro params from the included txt file.

But when i power up the controller ( from dedicated 3s pack ) blue led comes on and motors twitch once the stay still, moving the camera around nothing moves .

in the GUI when clicking wave view, if i tilt camera upwards i get a + roll and if i rotate the camera right ( from behind the gimbal ) i also get + roll so IMU seems to be working.

Is there a way of testing the motors somehow to tell if they are going the correct way...

Thanks
Dwayne Dibbley is offline Find More Posts by Dwayne Dibbley
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2014, 08:42 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne Dibbley View Post
Is there a recommended version of BruGi ? currently i have flashed 050 r217 on to the V3 Martinez Board, loaded the suggested gopro params from the included txt file.

But when i power up the controller ( from dedicated 3s pack ) blue led comes on and motors twitch once the stay still, moving the camera around nothing moves .

in the GUI when clicking wave view, if i tilt camera upwards i get a + roll and if i rotate the camera right ( from behind the gimbal ) i also get + roll so IMU seems to be working.

Is there a way of testing the motors somehow to tell if they are going the correct way...

Thanks

The good news is it sounds like you have the drivers working. For more information on setting this board up, please visit my wiki pages here:

http://www.itsqv.com/QVW/index.php?t...troller_Set-Up

It includes a section on motor direction and how to check but this is likely not what is causing your issue. A functioning controller will still function with the motors reversed, it will just lag and drift (slowly) away from level.

Your issue could be simple PID & PWM tuning which is also covered on my set-up pages.

As far as firmware, make sure you are getting it from the Sourceforge site and yes, r217 is good.

It might help to know what motors you are using and what camera you are using. The most common error generating issue is balance and wire tension. For balance, the camera mount must be adjusted such that no matter what position you place it in with power OFF, it stays there. It is OK if it moves one magnet cog but it should not move more than that. Wire tension can never tug against the intended motion either but this should be covered in the balancing.

Hope that helps
Mark
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Zeta FX-61 Phantom FPV Wing
Old Nov 12, 2014, 01:06 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ivybridge
Joined Sep 2013
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q View Post
The good news is it sounds like you have the drivers working. For more information on setting this board up, please visit my wiki pages here:

http://www.itsqv.com/QVW/index.php?t...troller_Set-Up

It includes a section on motor direction and how to check but this is likely not what is causing your issue. A functioning controller will still function with the motors reversed, it will just lag and drift (slowly) away from level.

Your issue could be simple PID & PWM tuning which is also covered on my set-up pages.

As far as firmware, make sure you are getting it from the Sourceforge site and yes, r217 is good.

It might help to know what motors you are using and what camera you are using. The most common error generating issue is balance and wire tension. For balance, the camera mount must be adjusted such that no matter what position you place it in with power OFF, it stays there. It is OK if it moves one magnet cog but it should not move more than that. Wire tension can never tug against the intended motion either but this should be covered in the balancing.

Hope that helps
Mark
The motors i am using are 0.15mm/70T/18ohm from http://quadframe.com/collections/cm/products/bldc_m_01

Camera is a GoPro Hero 2 on a 2 axis quadframe gimbal again from http://quadframe.com/products/bldc_g_001

camera i balanced as instructed, IMU mounted on top imu facing up and dot facing rear left ( viewed from behind camera )

GUI uncheck Z for imu so Z it upwards.

Thanks
Dwayne Dibbley is offline Find More Posts by Dwayne Dibbley