HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:29 PM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,387 Posts
As for the floor, more then likely due to different times. Originally I bet the wood slat was in there as that metal floor would have been treacherous in wet/snowy/muddy boots.

More recent times they went to a diamond plate.

And just like tanks, no two were exactly alike, even the same tank, day to day.

A boat would be a fun project, building from the 109 hull should give tons of room considering it had 3 V12's originally.
Glacier Girl is offline Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:58 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,862 Posts
YUP I know about the PTs. sine we have PT 658 here about 10 mins from me been around that one for many many years. Seen it change as well.
They are in the middle of hulling it and adding new rigs . SHE is the only runing WW-2 Pt left that still looks good and like they did back in the day I have personal pictrues I can send to ya of it . THE model I plan on starting soon. Thanks for the tip on the flool . I may stay with what I decided Well maybe ;-)
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:28 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,862 Posts
WEll I dont have any up dates as of now . Been on a couple of other projects may be back working on the M113 in a few days. I had some honny dos that needed to get done . BUT I do get the time work on my projects . usely at night and during the days when the weather is not good and nothing elest has to be done.. So keep an eye on the sight . DON
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:41 PM
oh that guy
United States, SC, Clover
Joined Sep 2012
265 Posts
From experiance the model of 113 you are replicating the floor is all diamond plate. Yes it is crazy getting in and out in wet muddy conditions. If you ever decide so sell this one off I know a buyer money permitting. ;-)
slim_chance is offline Find More Posts by slim_chance
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:17 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,862 Posts
;-)) NOT a problem I would give him first crack for sure. BUT I need to get this one done and to the show in March then who knows . I could do it ? So let that person know not to worry. ;-)) I will let you get a hold of him. ON THE floor I have to keep it like it is . I bet it is a real pain for sure. I plan on painting it wood color . At least that is the plan right now. I am still working on the inside of it tonight . Plan on having it done in the very near future. So how have you been doing keep afloat I hope ? Diane went out to the track had fun I stayed home this time and work on the tank. DON
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:22 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,862 Posts
went back to work on it today

Well I am now working on the inside so I can get some prictice for what I have plan soon . BUT I will set up a board on that one as well but it will be in the RC scale boat board during that build. BUT Dont worry I will return and check into this board just like I do the scale boat board in RC groups so you wont loose me all together . Aint you so lucky ;-))) BUT I will finish the carrer befor I start on the new project .
DON
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:49 PM
oh that guy
United States, SC, Clover
Joined Sep 2012
265 Posts
I have seen styrene diamind plate if that could be of some help
slim_chance is offline Find More Posts by slim_chance
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:21 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,862 Posts
HELLO ya I know but by the time I relise it I had the wooden floor down so it may stay the same . BUT I am doing some thinking along that line . that is if I can get some and make it look righ over the other floor. That wood deck is on good. . NOW answer me this was all of the floor plat or just whear all of you going on and the rest is painted gray or something? I will be adding paint soon. DON
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:19 PM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,387 Posts
More then likely the whole wood floor was painted. But over time, the paint was worn away from footsteps on the most traveled areas. Also bet it was slats instead of a solid sheet.
Reason being, for drainage.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:22 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,211 Posts
M113's have 3 diamond plate sheets that cover the floor.

Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:35 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,211 Posts
I've never seen a wood floor in a 113. I kept my 113 spotless inside(it's an art form) even in soupy mud, you keep a spot for your muddy boots so you didn't track it thru the track

One I even took the rightside benches and doors out and put 2 medic litter racks for me and my Team Chief to sleep on like bunk beds. In the summer I would sleep across the air intake on top of the track. I spent lots of time on those things!
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:14 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,862 Posts
HEY thanks for the inside picture.s It is intresting looking on the inside of the tanks reminds me of when I was building THE RC Scale ships. Flechers come to my mind.
OK I have a reason on this one So Please stay with me and read the rest.

OK when I was doing scale ships and at first this through me a few times untill I did some research. I would start out with ship fine other pictures of the same class like a couple numbers off and see some differences maybe a year or so apart.
USE To drive me nuts untill I learn later when the ships were out then come back into port things would change even on the same ship. What I learn the ship would come in damage and things would change or improve . THEN Go back out or they would come in battle damage and things would change or stay the same .

OK This for me in very intresting. I have got now 3 different insides of a M113 all 3 are different in there own way. I Went looking for pictures of an inside of one and found the one I am starting to go from in the begining. That is why my model is looking the way it dose.
I need to say thank you for the pictures. I wish I had those a few days ago and I want to say thank you . So now I have to sit back and decide witch way I want to go. I may go looking for the plactic plate . I have seen . I just wish I would have found out about it sooner.
So now can some one tell me from time to time and i am starting to see it Did the tanks change from time to time or from different missions . OR styles For even the PT boats would leave the US in a standard build and guns . THEN when they got to there bases the crews would change to what they needed on there boat. Reason I know this is I have been with the 658 for many years but dont work on it any more.

So is this reasons I am seening different insides and what they have ?? I am very much enjoying the help from all of you and I am also going with some of my own ideas but I want to get it right. SO keep the pictures coming and like I say Thank you so kindly.
From all of ya . I did not relise I had a real tank comander watching this sight. I think that is neat. Can you tell me any more about the tank or do you have any storys you would like to share with out causing you any bad memorys . OR any of you If not I would compleatly understand . I just wish I had this information befor I started building . . ONE Thing I do know they are still useing them to this day and some were different for different reasons on the out side did not relise they were also different on the inside of the tank . I was thinking they were all most all of the same. This has become a learning experence . IT is becoming very intresting. Sorry about the spelling of some of the words spelling for me when i was back in school longer then I want to remember I was not good . Then dealing with FB I am trying to get better so I say sorry again. ONE More thing I had spent most of my life as a mechanic befor I retired. Thanks
DON THE Portland Rustbucket
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:52 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,862 Posts
ok whear i found a wood floor at least i think it is wood slates, i went to google type in m113 in side pictures and it came up . that was my first pictures . So now I have all of yours . now gives me some ideas .thanks
Last edited by Rustbucket; Feb 05, 2013 at 02:00 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:54 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,862 Posts
HELLO again. Since those last notes and help in dealing with the floor I am going to try to fine something to look like that plate. I had no idea those were set up with those plates. THE only thing I knew was the wood so thanks. I will let you all know soon on what I fine. DON
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:19 AM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,387 Posts
Here you go Don.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRD03&P=ML