HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined Nov 2010
56 Posts
Discussion
Ales glider types *what are you flying*

Our club is going to start ales gliding and most have radia or radian pro gliders i just got a hk fox 2.32 m glider and was wondering if any one has used this glider and will it work for ales soaring and what types of gliders people are using out thier.
Thanks ben
bsovermars is offline Find More Posts by bsovermars
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:15 PM
Okanagan Falls. British columbia. Canada
Joined Nov 2006
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsovermars View Post
Our club is going to start ales gliding and most have radia or radian pro gliders i just got a hk fox 2.32 m glider and was wondering if any one has used this glider and will it work for ales soaring and what types of gliders people are using out thier.
Thanks ben
I like to build my own models , so I fly 'woodies' as we call balsa built models. I am flying an Olympia model built from a Skybench kit. I also have an ARF Vista glider 2m span from Tower Hobbies. Anything goes in ALES, and everybody stands a chance of doing well.Don't get the idea that becuase Radian foamies are mentioned so often on here that that is the best. It is a very good floater and reasonably priced, but keep an open mind. Ken.
knormang is offline Find More Posts by knormang
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:33 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,348 Posts
Here is a small collection of responses to a similar thread... It dropped back to page two so you may have over looked it
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:48 PM
MrE
United States, WA, Gig Harbor
Joined Aug 2007
2,928 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1599981
MrE is online now Find More Posts by MrE
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:51 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,348 Posts
Forgot to post the Li.k, thanks for follow up!
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM