HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2014, 07:56 PM
Joined Sep 2014
2 Posts
So, I got the Mjx f45 a few months ago as my first rc heli and love it. Crashed and had to buy parts but easy to fix. I also have a mini Wl toys v911 that I really like to fly, when in mood for a fast agile mini copter. 911 is good cuz seems impossible to break. I crash a lot and it is so light it doesn't break.
Here is my question. The Mjx f45 is on amazon for $75 with remote. I got crazy the other day and my f45 flew away in some yard and is lost. Need to replace. Is there a cheaper way to buy just the copter no transmitter? Or should I just buy all new set for $75?

Secondly, I like the large size of f45, but is there a different brand that is similar that you recommend instead? I for sure want at least 4 channel, and consider a 6 channel control pitch but may not be skilled enough for that yet.
Thanks y'all
troles is offline Find More Posts by troles
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:22 AM
Joined Mar 2009
152 Posts
X-Mas Quad Camera Question

I know this is off F-45, but I could not find answer anywhere. My brother works for Verizon and wants the Parrot AR Drone, but its expensive. I would like to get him one from Banggood with a camera and stay near $100. I know that's cheap for something like this but there are decent ones. I was looking at the JJRC H8C with 2mp camera or is there a known better one in this price range. Also, I really would like one that his Verizon giant smart phone would become the flight screen. Please help and sorry for off subject. I am ordering the camera for my F45, which I want a better one, but electrical hook up and weight are concerns. I appreciate all input. Scottheli
scottheli is offline Find More Posts by scottheli
Old Nov 28, 2014, 01:59 PM
RTF (Ready to Fragment)
United States, WI, Beloit
Joined Nov 2012
4,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottheli View Post
I know this is off F-45, but I could not find answer anywhere. My brother works for Verizon and wants the Parrot AR Drone, but its expensive. I would like to get him one from Banggood with a camera and stay near $100. I know that's cheap for something like this but there are decent ones. I was looking at the JJRC H8C with 2mp camera or is there a known better one in this price range. Also, I really would like one that his Verizon giant smart phone would become the flight screen. Please help and sorry for off subject. I am ordering the camera for my F45, which I want a better one, but electrical hook up and weight are concerns. I appreciate all input. Scottheli
This is a little more than you wanted to spend, but quads take superior video
since they generally have much less vibration.

http://www.bladehelis.com/180QX/

I've taken video from 250 size fixed pitch helicopters all the way up to 450
size CP's, and all of them had shaky and wavy video, even after isolating
the camera from the frame with fluffy foam.

The video from the quad was twice as smooth as anything I could produce
with any of my helicopters.

The camera does not have the greatest video quality, but none of the cheaper
cameras are all that great.

In advanced mode, the 180QX also makes a great CP (collective pitch) trainer.

If your brother ever wants to fly the big hobby grade helicopters, this is a step down that path.

Quote:
Also, I really would like one that his Verizon giant smart phone would become the flight screen.
Now you are talking about FPV (First Person View), something considerably more complex.

Generally, aircraft in the $100 to $200 range will record to a memory card in the camera,
and you retrieve the video after your flight, using your computer.
Steve_ is online now Find More Posts by Steve_
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Steve_; Nov 28, 2014 at 03:04 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 02:55 PM
no borken corters allowed here
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Jul 2013
183 Posts
Quote:
So, I got the Mjx f45 a few months ago as my first rc heli and love it. Crashed and had to buy parts but easy to fix. I also have a mini Wl toys v911 that I really like to fly, when in mood for a fast agile mini copter. 911 is good cuz seems impossible to break. I crash a lot and it is so light it doesn't break.
Here is my question. The Mjx f45 is on amazon for $75 with remote. I got crazy the other day and my f45 flew away in some yard and is lost. Need to replace. Is there a cheaper way to buy just the copter no transmitter? Or should I just buy all new set for $75?

Secondly, I like the large size of f45, but is there a different brand that is similar that you recommend instead? I for sure want at least 4 channel, and consider a 6 channel control pitch but may not be skilled enough for that yet.
Thanks y'all
I can sell my F45 with TX for $60 plus shipping. I have spare blades for it too. I don't fly it much anymore after getting my V120D02s. It stil flies well, needs new batteries though. I use V913 batteries in mine. More punch than the stock ones. It is in good condition but has normal wear and tear scuff marks on the canopy. I may also sell my V913 as a BNF cause I use the V913 TX to fly my V911's and my HiSky HFP80 and 100. It sits on a shelf because it needs a new motor. I have a new stock motor for it but I was looking for a better motor/brushless setup when I shelved it. Comes with spare blades, tail boom, main motor, tail motor, 2 new flybars, and some other misc. spares. I will sell that one for $50. Both of these helos cost $100 as RTF when I got them new a year and a half ago. You can have both for $100 plus shipping. LMK if interested. These 2 helos are just sitting there taking up space on my shelf/hangar/ flight deck. I may build a 450 CP in the near future and need the hangar space On your other question, the WL V913 and F45 are the same size, both 4 channel FP birds. I think the V913 has better electronics though. My F45 had a dead RX right out of the box. I had to wait a month for a new RX from BG when I first got it. But both birds are comparable to each other.
rontech420 is offline Find More Posts by rontech420
Last edited by rontech420; Nov 28, 2014 at 03:01 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 05:28 PM
Joined Mar 2009
152 Posts
Steve, thanks for the info. I am familiar with blade products and have had a couple helis, but do not like the price. So, blades and FPV is out of the question for no. I am into heli's, but would like to get him a cheap x-mas gift that is easy and stable and does decent video. I have been looking at the JJRC on Banggood because its been upgraded to 7.4v and its cheap, like $55 dirt cheap. Remote looks toyish but like I said who cares for that price. It is a clone of syma, which they now have a new one but stayed at 3.7v which is bogus power for that size quad. I can not find anything that's like 7.4v 1000mah size with a camera for the $100 budget, which is what we spend on each other for x-mas. So, question is, which quad with camera for$100?????????????????????????????? That's my new mission for now, still researching, but will probably get him the JJrc 7.4v one. Can't lose for $55 shipped. Let me know if anybody can beat that even if its $100 cause that's the budget. Oh yeah, speaking of cheap, $20 for MJX F45 camera, and does OK, I'll order that too. Thanks, Scottheli
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:07 AM
Joined Nov 2014
1 Posts
ASSAN GA250 gyro on a f645 - Is it possible?

Hi guys!

I am a "late entry" in the discussion about MJX 45 F645 heli...
Since most of you have tinkered with this model of heli, I presume you have a lot of experience.
So I am asking for your help...
- Is it possible to replace a gyro on f645, keeping the original circuit and remote controler?
- And is it possible to do so with an ASSAN GA250 gyro?

Any answer which would help me get to the bottom of this problem is very much appreciated.
Thank you.
Lablansky is offline Find More Posts by Lablansky
Old Nov 29, 2014, 05:56 PM
Joined Sep 2014
49 Posts
Quote:
Steve, thanks for the info. I am familiar with blade products and have had a couple helis, but do not like the price. So, blades and FPV is out of the question for no. I am into heli's, but would like to get him a cheap x-mas gift that is easy and stable and does decent video. I have been looking at the JJRC on Banggood because its been upgraded to 7.4v and its cheap, like $55 dirt cheap. Remote looks toyish but like I said who cares for that price. It is a clone of syma, which they now have a new one but stayed at 3.7v which is bogus power for that size quad. I can not find anything that's like 7.4v 1000mah size with a camera for the $100 budget, which is what we spend on each other for x-mas. So, question is, which quad with camera for$100?????????????????????????????? That's my new mission for now, still researching, but will probably get him the JJrc 7.4v one. Can't lose for $55 shipped. Let me know if anybody can beat that even if its $100 cause that's the budget. Oh yeah, speaking of cheap, $20 for MJX F45 camera, and does OK, I'll order that too. Thanks, Scottheli
Blade helis are junk in my opinion especially the 200 srx. I bought a 200 srx brand new and it was the worst decision I ever made. They market the 200 srx as a next step or beginner heli. Everything on the 200srx breaks even on small tilts when landing. The blades are made out of cheap plastic that reminds me of cheap McDonald's coffee cup lids. I swear you even nick those blades on the 200 srx the tail blades will shred to pieces instantly. This in my opinion is not a beginner heli but more like a money pit.

Then to top it off the transmitter they sell with the 200 srx will only work for the 200 srx and no other heli! How is that a beginner heli when you cannot transition to another blade product without having to repurchase a new transmitter. Everytime I see a blade heli it looks so cheaply built to me.

The MJX F45 is a perfect beginner heli that can withstand numerous heavy and light crashes. The only problem with it is it cannot handle any wind at all.

I would still be flying the F45 daily to this day if it had wind tolerance. Its really a durable heli too bad where I live it is always windy. I had to go with Align helis to be able to fly in the wind and some of the cost you guys dump into the F45 could really get you a really nice Align heli.
aimHigher is online now Find More Posts by aimHigher
Old Dec 14, 2014, 07:36 PM
Joined Mar 2009
152 Posts
Extreme Rotor Head

Well my F-45 has been flying great. I finally decided may as well finish out the aluminum head and bought the Extreme rotor. If I'm not mistaken, I now remember some of you saying it did not fly well. The only reason I even did it was to remove play in the stock rotor blade grips pin. I did use the stock pin on the flybar because the Extreme one was way loose and fell out on spool up, that how I broke the tail blade. Although I have not tested much due to for the firs time I broke the only tail blade I had, but I did notice that now the 7 shape on the links is not needed because Extreme angled them, so I heated and straightened them and now will await a tail blade and I will go ahead and put the new tail motor. Anyone had luck with the BL tail motor kit from Banggood also. So, if this fails, a new stock rotor head will ensue. The rest of the Extreme parts, even the Honey Bee fixed pitch blades worked great, although like everyone said, Extreme should have made them simpler for install and durability. Nice going Extreme! Scottheli
Old Dec 16, 2014, 01:03 PM
Joined Dec 2013
20 Posts
Welcome back after a long break. Recently I recorded the video, after doing all the modifications to the F45. Flights from using 50-70% of the power.
Details of the modifications available in the description of the video on YT channel:

MJX F645 - full brushless and other modifications (8 min 44 sec)
Tom74 is offline Find More Posts by Tom74
Last edited by Tom74; Dec 19, 2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 09:41 PM
Joined Mar 2009
152 Posts
Nice Video

WoW, Nice flight video! Thanks for that. I've not had the opportunity to video mine yet. And man yeah, you have all the mods and upgrades. Tell me about what all you used. Mine flies very similarly, but no carbon fiber or BL tail. What tail set up is that, ie. BL motor, tail blade, etc? Also, I've not seen those blades used. I am using the Extreme Fixed Pitch 13* blades made for the ESKY Honey Bee. They are nimble and fast because I am using the 11tooth Rhino pinion for more head speed and agility. It's a blast to fly, and easy for me now. I just got the new WLToys V931 AS350 6 channel Flybarless scale bird and it is a blast too but not as big(Iwished). Anyways, glad you shared. Not many chiming in here anymore. I love your mods. Do a low high steed video next, that would be cool. Thanks, Scottheli
Old Dec 19, 2014, 04:56 AM
Joined Dec 2014
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjx f45 noob View Post
Got the parts I wanted and installed them
what are these metal parts for the f45 and where can i buy them i.e. online website and the names of the specific parts?????
alexandergrantmy is offline Find More Posts by alexandergrantmy
Old Dec 19, 2014, 06:51 AM
Joined Dec 2014
2 Posts
where to buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by train06 View Post
hope this helps
where can i buy the metal main rotor shaft. also the other parts that you have there are seeming impossible for me to find on the net. is there a website and what are the parts names/numbers?
alexandergrantmy is offline Find More Posts by alexandergrantmy
Old Dec 19, 2014, 08:52 PM
I've got a Heli hankering
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2014
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandergrantmy View Post
where can i buy the metal main rotor shaft. also the other parts that you have there are seeming impossible for me to find on the net. is there a website and what are the parts names/numbers?
Look up Xtreme Production, MJX 645 you'll see them....but they I think are starting to discontinue a lot of those parts...
train06 is offline Find More Posts by train06