HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:11 AM
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
This (from memory) is the best for stock f45
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...iver_Pack.html
Will require some minor mods to battery holder, but fits well otherwise and has right connectors.
Thanks...... what mods needed to the battery holder? If I mod the battery holder, will I still able to use the stock batteries?
nolivy is offline Find More Posts by nolivy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:18 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Hi guys

Is there an easy fix for this or do I need to send the heli back as a duffer?
Not a lot to see on the vid (as you say), but if the servos are 'twitching' a lot even before bind, it'd seem not exactly trivial. If there's an easy return option, think I'd take it, tiggertoo?
Best
John

Edit: My worry is that if the servos have been working into a frozen swash ('buzzing'), or something similar, they may no longer be 100% even if you do find the problem.
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OldOz; Jan 20, 2013 at 06:35 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:22 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolivy View Post
Thanks...... what mods needed to the battery holder? If I mod the battery holder, will I still able to use the stock batteries?
Yes, but you won't want to after using the Turnigy battery. I used to hold the old batteries in place (when I HAD to use them) with a girl's ponytail elastic - 'scrunchies' they're called here.
There's a few pics of the modded holders earlier in the thread .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:25 AM
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
Thanks........ lots of ideas here in the forum............ i guess i am beginning to be flooded by the info......... I am trying to read every posts here....
nolivy is offline Find More Posts by nolivy
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:39 AM
Ukraine, Crimea, Bakhchysarai
Joined Mar 2012
1,554 Posts
As it was said already this thread is overloaded (400 pages). I think there should be other threads for those who discuss frankensteins which even don't resemble F45. Could be even separate thread for brushless F45 just to help new visitors find useful information
asanovrus is offline Find More Posts by asanovrus
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:06 AM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
928 Posts
Well, somebody here wanted the rpm tests on the rear rotor motor,

Here they are,

Tested at 3,4,5.7, 8 volts

And I tell ya that 1 with 8 volts got hot quick,
I dont think this motor turns this high when running though
65000 is a lot
I think a motor with a bit more torque would do this bird wonders with a b/l crossover.

Frank
R.C. Man is offline Find More Posts by R.C. Man
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:07 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovrus View Post
As it was said already this thread is overloaded (400 pages). I think there should be other threads for those who discuss frankensteins which even don't resemble F45. Could be even separate thread for brushless F45 just to help new visitors find useful information
One problem with this concept perhaps (as was previously pointed out) is that every significant issue pertaining to the 'stock' F45 has been thrashed out in detail here already: except maybe minor issues with the Ver2 F45.
So it would seem that your idea is to close off this thread, and start new threads? Not saying there isn't some logic there, but not sure how everyone would feel about it. Guess you've raised the flag, we'll see how many salute then .
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OldOz; Jan 20, 2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:11 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.C. Man View Post
Well, somebody here wanted the rpm tests on the rear rotor motor,

Here they are,

Tested at 3,4,5.7, 8 volts

And I tell ya that 1 with 8 volts got hot quick,
I dont think this motor turns this high when running though
65000 is a lot
I think a motor with a bit more torque would do this bird wonders with a b/l crossover.

Frank
Very useful, Frank. Helps my B/L tail project no end.
Was this under (prop) load though?
Best
John
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:14 AM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
928 Posts
Quote:
Very useful, Frank.
Was this under (prop) load though?
Best
John
All tests are in an unloades state, I wouldnt wanna hold this thing with a prop on it, I might be missing some brain cells, but I kinda like my fingers,(Hard to pick your nose w/o em)

Frank
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:16 AM
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts
Yeah im new here and about to buy this heli. But this 400 pages topic is way to big...
Split it up pls and maybe use faqs....
skank is offline Find More Posts by skank
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:20 AM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skank View Post
Yeah im new here and about to buy this heli. But this 400 pages topic is way to big...
Split it up pls and maybe use faqs....
Or you could use the search bar on top,
Thats how I do it.
I like it, everything all in 1 place for the f-45

Just my 2cents
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:34 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
I recall something about the gyros and cold temps... i fly below zero c regularly, some days it is 8-10 below zero c, and I have had no issues with the gyro. I can for sure say this, the dinky motors like the cold temps, so far I have seen 111 degrees f (almost 44c) external main motor temps. (after 11 min flight) and a 7-7.5 degree/min 'rate of rise' (this on a 98% stock F45 with only a home-made heatsink)
Agree, I never experiment any gyro problem in below zero temp with my 3 different rc heli. Crash are expensive, plastics are stiff, ice is not grass, hands are burning !!
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:40 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.C. Man View Post
All tests are in an unloades state, I wouldnt wanna hold this thing with a prop on it, I might be missing some brain cells, but I kinda like my fingers,(Hard to pick your nose w/o em)

Frank
Whack the tail assembly in a vice, it won't go anywhere (even under max rpm). Your fingers will be safe (for whatever duties!).
But useful info, even unloaded. Latest B/L tail has a more powerful motor, as you've suggested (Turnigy 2211). We'll see what's what tomorrow.
Cheers
John.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:59 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Agree, I never experiment any gyro problem in below zero temp with my 3 different rc heli. Crash are expensive, plastics are stiff, ice is not grass, hands are burning !!
Last winter, I flew at -5C with no problems with both a 9116DH and the MJX 45, both with stock gyros. Anything below that, you need to leave the heli out side so the gyro can normalize to the ambient temperature. MEMS gyros like this one don't seem to have as much issue with temperature changes, but AVS sensors are terrible like the 401B.
I have one of my Walkera flybarless out last week at -5C and it worked just fine. I just wanted to test it out and see if it was effected.
I'm Canadian and we love the cold, at least that's what they say on TV.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:00 AM
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
Quote:
What I find interesting is why on earth the BL upgrade kit described should need two versions, irrespective of Version 2 Rx and gyro changes? - as above, old and tired. Maybe someone can enlighten me. .
Dunno John, I intend to take an old and a new rx board and determine the difference.
Thanks for the cross data.
cheers Bob
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld