SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 19, 2012, 08:25 PM
crashs come easy patience dont
USA, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Jan 2009
2,875 Posts
14 days doesnt sound to bad. hopefully mine will take less, but i can live with 14 days.
bad400 is offline Find More Posts by bad400
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2012, 09:14 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymen View Post
My v911 arrived today from BangGood:

It is working well although I'm still getting used to 4 channel (my prior helis were 2 Syma S107G). I brought one of the metal kits from eBay and that arrived too. I'll see how it goes as is. I only have two o-rings on the canopy. Hopefully it came that way. If two fell off already I'm going to need a supply of those as they are tiny.
You could use small pieces of insulation from electrical wire for canopy o rings
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:07 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymen View Post
My v911 arrived today from BangGood:

Code:
Shipment Activity        Location                               Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered                CHICAGO IL 60647                       01/19/12  2:14pm

Arrival at Unit          CHICAGO IL 60647                       01/18/12  6:44am

Depart USPS Sort         BETHPAGE NY 11714                      01/14/12
Facility

Processed through USPS   BETHPAGE NY 11714                      01/13/12  6:44pm
Sort Facility

Processed Through Sort   ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)                  01/09/12  1:39am
Facility

Processed Through Sort   HONG KONG                              01/08/12  8:00am
Facility

Origin Post is
Preparing Shipment

Acceptance               HONG KONG                              01/05/12 10:23am
It is working well although I'm still getting used to 4 channel (my prior helis were 2 Syma S107G). I brought one of the metal kits from eBay and that arrived too. I'll see how it goes as is. I only have two o-rings on the canopy. Hopefully it came that way. If two fell off already I'm going to need a supply of those as they are tiny.
60647 ? That used to be MY old zip-code!

As if that weren't coincidence enough, mine showed up today also (to 60462 at 2:55PM).

Um..... I can't seem to find the answer in the orner's manual, and I looked through a few pages of this thread (I saw someone ask on the 1st page, but I don't know if anyone answered...

How do I switch this thing from mode-1 to mode-2? Anybody?
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:10 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail View Post
60647 ? That used to be MY old zip-code!

As if that weren't coincidence enough, mine showed up today also (to 60462 at 2:55PM).

Um..... I can't seem to find the answer in the orner's manual, and I looked through a few pages of this thread (I saw someone ask on the 1st page, but I don't know if anyone answered...

]How do I switch this thing from mode-1 to mode-2? Anybody?
It's probably already in Mode 2 but the TX will say Mode 1.
I'm not aware of anyone getting a Mode 1 TX, at least not from Banggood.
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:12 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail View Post
How do I switch this thing from mode-1 to mode-2? Anybody?
It should already be Mode 2 ... as that's the only way they come is seems. DISREGARD that it says "Mode 1" on the LCD, because it is not Mode 1.

Mode 2 is:
Left stick: throttle up/down & yaw left/right.
Right stick: fore/aft & roll left/right.

Is this how you're is setup? If so, it's Mode 2.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:13 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
You could use small pieces of insulation from electrical wire for canopy o rings
Good idea ... I'm gonna try that.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:15 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxlab View Post
its been a month i have the v911. Nothing has broke yet but the swash plate keep seperating ...
I took my swash plate assembly apart today (easy to do), and glued the 4-ball collar to the inner race of the swash plate bearing with some black RTV. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1612

Easy to work with, just need to let it dry a few hours. Seems to be holding up well. Also used some RTV around the tail motor housing (very sparingly) to keep the tail motor from slipping out during crashes.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:57 PM
Joined Jan 2010
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor73 View Post
Thanks Mulder!
I did a search on the thread but couldn't find 9X configurations!
I just tried and binded to 9X and the little heli was all over the place out of control! Batteries were also almost flat and is more than time for me to be sleeping!
If I have time tomorrow will try programming it.
Did you use heli or acro mode to start? If heli, what heli mode?
If screenshot are easy for you to post it would be very handy and appreciated!

PS. Are you using 9X or ER9x with this configurations?

Regarding landing skids, I would try Bravo SX part! ; )
Do you have the configuration file for the v911 posted to load into ER9X? If so, where can I find it?

Thanks in advance.
Thx1326 is offline Find More Posts by Thx1326
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:57 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
426 Posts
Thank you very much for the quick replies, cpuken and Hayabusa Heli !

AFAIK, it is mode 2 after all. The LCD screen just says "Mode 1" - that's why I asked.
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:23 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Good idea ... I'm gonna try that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
I just tried 12 gauge it was too big. I'm guessing 14 or 16 will be closer. I just don't have any

PVC glue worked the best for my cracked canopy and landing skid. Aren't all the parts PVC? or just the flexy ones?
atkin is offline Find More Posts by atkin
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:33 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Broken Wing Mount... oh well

As I mentioned earlier, the repair/enhanced parts for my original V911 arrived yesterday. Finally got things mounted, adjusted and trimmed. I've had about a dozen decent flights. Seems each flight reveals something new. So the parts show up Wednesday that allowed me to fly her again and today, my 2nd V911 I had ordered arrived. It is faster then my original (original has metal swash). Since it had been awhile, I forgotten just how fast these guys can move.
So, about 10-12 days without any V911s and now I have two.

This crashing and repairing sure does force one to learn about how things work... not sure I wanted to learn this stuff this fast

An earlier poster had pointed out that I had the linkage attached to the shorter arm balls of the new swash. I read it and kind of ignored it since as far as I knew, those 4 arms were the same length. Well, while investigating some other items, I noticed that one pair is indeed a little longer then the other. So, I moved the linkage to the longer balls. This may explain the slightly slower forward flight speed. While doing that change I then noticed I had a broken wing mount... crap... I assume these blades are sold in pairs for a reason (matched weight) so I probably shouldn't just change out one of the blades but should change the pair right?
Here's a photo of the damage.

Of all my Helis, this is the first time I've actually broken a wing. Now I'll have to check all my parts orders to see if I actually ordered another set. I do have the spares that came with the Helis.
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:07 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
An earlier poster had pointed out that I had the linkage attached to the shorter arm balls of the new swash. I read it and kind of ignored it since as far as I knew, those 4 arms were the same length. Well, while investigating some other items, I noticed that one pair is indeed a little longer then the other.
Yep, that allows another place to make adjustments for control sensitivity. With the servo arm/linkage and two radius of swash balls, it should be tunable to the operator's liking.
Last edited by Hayabusa Heli; Jan 20, 2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:15 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
Of all my Helis, this is the first time I've actually broken a wing. Now I'll have to check all my parts orders to see if I actually ordered another set. I do have the spares that came with the Helis.
I've noticed the blades on the V911 are pretty stiff, so if you hit the leading edge of the blade on something hard I can see how it might rip up the area on the root like it shows in your photo.

Wonder if the screw was overly tight, thereby damaging and weakening that area?
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:28 AM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,377 Posts
I see alot of people are ordering from a company named Bang Good. Sounds like a fictitious name straight out of a Austin Powers movie.
All joking aside, is the the best place to pick up one of these ?
TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:33 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisBean View Post
I see alot of people are ordering from a company named Bang Good. Sounds like a fictitious name straight out of a Austin Powers movie.
All joking aside, is the the best place to pick up one of these ?
I think they still have the best price anywhere. Only thing is that it will take some time to get it now that Chinese New Year is going on, plus it takes ~2 weeks to ship over. If you're not in a hurry, I'd buy from Banggood. They take PayPal too ... which is nice.

Notice that they carry both colors now ... black or white.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ne...r-p-36779.html