SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 27, 2014, 02:15 PM
Joined Aug 2014
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauri307 View Post
Amazing!
Seems that the spy hawk has more secrets!

http://spyhawkforum.freefo.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33
Yes, the Hubsan H107D transmitter has the same tricks (it even displays the craft's lipo voltage if bound). Although this mode bypasses the binding. I would think this mode is for testing the FC transmitter and video Rx.
BillW50 is offline Find More Posts by BillW50
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2014, 02:17 PM
Joined Aug 2014
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyclayton View Post
anyone noticed that bang good stopped selling the spy hawk fpv version ? really hard to get cheap parts now
What is scarier is that the whole Hubsan website has been taken down.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 06:44 PM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyclayton View Post
anyone noticed that bang good stopped selling the spy hawk fpv version ? really hard to get cheap parts now
Hey Andy, Banggood still has the Spyhawk but with a diff. controller. Also next to it you have the Sky cruiser at the preorder level. Both on page 1 at the bottom of the page. Best Regards.
segroegt is online now Find More Posts by segroegt
Old Nov 27, 2014, 08:05 PM
Joined Aug 2014
501 Posts
@segroegt: I only know of two Hubsan planes on Banggood.

Hubsan H301C Hawk 2.4G 4CH RC Airplane With Camera Mode 2 RTF $102.99
http://www.banggood.com/Hubsan-H301C...F-p-75974.html

Hubsan H302F FPV Sky Cruiser 5.8G 6CH RC Airplane RTF $350
http://www.banggood.com/Hubsan-H302A...F-p-74716.html

Where do you see the Spyhawk one?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 09:25 AM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW50 View Post
@segroegt: I only know of two Hubsan planes on Banggood.

Hubsan H301C Hawk 2.4G 4CH RC Airplane With Camera Mode 2 RTF $102.99
http://www.banggood.com/Hubsan-H301C...F-p-75974.html

Hubsan H302F FPV Sky Cruiser 5.8G 6CH RC Airplane RTF $350
http://www.banggood.com/Hubsan-H302A...F-p-74716.html

Where do you see the Spyhawk one?
OH, sorry Bill, It looked like the Spyhawk. but it is not, My mistake. B&H in New York has discontinued the Spyhawk as of this week. Best Regards.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:50 PM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,620 Posts
Well I pulled the trigger on a Volantex FPV raptor V2 all dressed up for FPV. Wow soon coming from Singapore by Fed Ex. I started in this hobby in 1976 with Gliders and went to helicopters around 2000 and quads. , Besides the Spyhawk I still have my original Silent Squire.a slope soarer , maybe next summer I will fly it again. My Spyhawk has been flying great and I will fly it every day that I can. It is very practical due to his size. But a 2 meter plane adds more on possibility. I keep you guys posted.
Last edited by segroegt; Dec 01, 2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2014, 10:02 AM
Joined Sep 2014
464 Posts
I'm about to get the Fatshark spyhawk V3 combo, but have a few questions. What is an accurate controllable distance then video link distance.

With the 5.8ghz, clover at will the video link be able to stay "connected" if I'm not facing the plane at all time with the TX and if the occasional tree gets in front my connection?

If like to be able to get around 500-800m of TX/RX control and at least that with video. Or actually 300 M of video is pretty dam good.

I see some people say they barely get 150m and others flying in clouds at 2000 feet. Some confusion here.
Rain1dog is offline Find More Posts by Rain1dog
Old Dec 08, 2014, 12:30 AM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Jul 2008
190 Posts
Just broke in to my Christmas gifts early because I have to work but I got a fpv vapor and a spy hawk Does anyone know where I can get the fat shark tx board with the little clover ???
bikenbrad is offline Find More Posts by bikenbrad
Last edited by bikenbrad; Dec 08, 2014 at 12:40 AM.
Old Dec 09, 2014, 01:00 AM
Joined Jul 2006
1 Posts
transmitter bind to any other

Has anyone bound this transmitter to anything else or is all Spyhawk electronics custom?
pj23 is offline Find More Posts by pj23
Old Dec 09, 2014, 09:53 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,719 Posts
Hi p,
It is a proprietary protocol so only Hubsan will bind.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj23 View Post
Has anyone bound this transmitter to anything else or is all Spyhawk electronics custom?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Dec 16, 2014, 03:01 PM
Joined Oct 2013
13 Posts
mod for the spyhawk 2,4ghz fatshark version

http://spyhawkforum.freefo.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35
mauri307 is offline Find More Posts by mauri307
Old Dec 25, 2014, 01:33 PM
Joined Dec 2014
1 Posts
Spyhawk problems

Hi all,

I have recently become a owner of a spyhawk and I have come across a number of issues. I assembled it and that was all fine and then a few hours later I decided to take it for a flight. Now it flew well (considering it was VERY windy) therefore I thought it would be good to begin recording to assess the quality of the picture when I return home. The picture was perfect and there were no problems however there was no sound! I wondering whether or not I was doing something wrong but I assume it's supposed to work automatically?

The second problem is that when messing around with the plane on the ground, after about 30 seconds the whole thing switched off! I tried unplugging the battery and plugging it back in again and it would not turn back on until I had switch the battery entirely! I was wondering whether or not this was normal and it's some energy saving feature, I have no clue?

Also as a little side question, how long does it usually take the 450mAh lipo batteries to charge? Mine have been on charge for at least 3 hours now and don't seem to be charging!

Any advice would be great, thanks!

From James
holty6 is online now Find More Posts by holty6
Old Yesterday, 03:14 AM
Joined Feb 2014
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by holty6 View Post
Hi all,

I have recently become a owner of a spyhawk and I have come across a number of issues. I assembled it and that was all fine and then a few hours later I decided to take it for a flight. Now it flew well (considering it was VERY windy) therefore I thought it would be good to begin recording to assess the quality of the picture when I return home. The picture was perfect and there were no problems however there was no sound! I wondering whether or not I was doing something wrong but I assume it's supposed to work automatically?

The second problem is that when messing around with the plane on the ground, after about 30 seconds the whole thing switched off! I tried unplugging the battery and plugging it back in again and it would not turn back on until I had switch the battery entirely! I was wondering whether or not this was normal and it's some energy saving feature, I have no clue?

Also as a little side question, how long does it usually take the 450mAh lipo batteries to charge? Mine have been on charge for at least 3 hours now and don't seem to be charging!

Any advice would be great, thanks!

From James
The batteries charge abaut 2h
On my spyhawk there's no sound too
I think it shutt off becouse video transmitter overheated..
EimantasM is offline Find More Posts by EimantasM
Old Yesterday, 07:14 AM
Joined Oct 2009
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EimantasM View Post
The batteries charge abaut 2h
On my spyhawk there's no sound too
I think it shutt off becouse video transmitter overheated..
Mine has sound.....I was having the same battery issues because the stock Hubsan charger is crap and it ruined 3 of my batteries (if the batteries don't balance correctly, they won't even power it on, or if it does power on, it won't bind with the Tx)
vinsonj is offline Find More Posts by vinsonj