HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2006, 10:24 AM
Guilford, Ct.
Joined Jan 2004
1,420 Posts
Discussion
Exhaust manifold

Not able to find what I needed, I elected to make one of my own. It seems like it's such an obvious add-on without having to use a car manifold with the crazy routing. I cut off the pipe except for the last 1/8th inch and machined a straight adapter to fit. To avoid the rear shock, I'll be using a flex hose, which still should be better than what is out there....
katana2665 is offline Find More Posts by katana2665
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2006, 01:27 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,649 Posts
Nice... but you know they sell flexible exaust manifolds...
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Jan 21, 2006, 03:19 AM
Julianadorp. the netherlands
Joined Feb 2005
614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2
Nice... but you know they sell flexible exaust manifolds...

Do you mean silicon ? LET ME KNOW where the
flexible exhaustmanifold can be bought. Pleaszzzzzzz

Gr. Ronald
Red Bullie is offline Find More Posts by Red Bullie
Old Jan 21, 2006, 07:28 AM
Guilford, Ct.
Joined Jan 2004
1,420 Posts
Really? I only ever saw the ones for the cars. I know about the flex line airplane ones, but i think they were intended for larger engines. as it is I'm only going to be putting on the hirobo exhaust deflector, from there it should be a straight shot into the tuned pipe.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 11:00 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,649 Posts
it IS the one for cars.... they aren't silicone... they are metal and they come with the side exhaust flange on it already... it looks like the stuff they make air conditioning conduit from but smaller... I'll find out later...

last time I saw it, they were at my LHS... I'll contact them today and find out the info

you should be able to use it on the bike... I would have to check the length and see if it can be cut if it's too long

**Edit: it's from CEN Racing... it may be a little long... but I can't see why it can't be cut
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Last edited by Akura2; Jan 21, 2006 at 12:42 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 03:48 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,702 Posts
Flexie pipes work great.. I've been using this one for ages (It's made HPI, I think(?), can't remember), and had no problems with it yet.. No need for cutting either..! I also bought one made for plane engines too, the manifold end was a bit wider than my .12,.. but the manifold port exit is the same size as my .12, so all I have to do is drill 2 new holes in the manifold end of the flexie pipe... The Plane flexie pipe was 1/3rd the price of the car one from memory, and longer too..!

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Last edited by scaulfi; Jan 21, 2006 at 04:10 PM. Reason: speeling
Old Jan 21, 2006, 04:03 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2
it IS the one for cars.... they aren't silicone... they are metal and they come with the side exhaust flange on it already... it looks like the stuff they make air conditioning conduit from but smaller... I'll find out later...

last time I saw it, they were at my LHS... I'll contact them today and find out the info

you should be able to use it on the bike... I would have to check the length and see if it can be cut if it's too long

**Edit: it's from CEN Racing... it may be a little long... but I can't see why it can't be cut
This guy is on point!(Akura2) That's what i was going to suggest....But a friend and i was making them awhile back.You can go to home depot and buy the hose for the gas dryer or was it gas stove.Then you get yourself an old door henge.Of course you'll have to cut it down to the size needed.Then we welded the 2 pieces together or brazed. That was long time ago if i find it will try and post pics.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Jan 21, 2006, 04:27 PM
Guilford, Ct.
Joined Jan 2004
1,420 Posts
Guess I should have researched this more, but hey that's why this is a great community.