In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
Discussion
Obama: I believe my own BS

Great article...

Quote:
"You know, I actually believe my own bull****.”

That’s what President Obama once told a reporter. If the man ever uttered a statement that spoke more to his approach to politics, I haven’t heard it.

Whether it stems from a grandiose overconfidence in his own powers of persuasion, or the lessons he took from his years as a community organizer, or his own messianic conviction that he is on the right side of everything, including history itself, the president has always operated under the theory that he can move the American people to his causes. And he can’t. He just can’t.

Yes, he got elected and reelected, and that’s saying something. But whatever personal popularity the man has doesn’t transfer to domestic policy.

It’s as if the American people are saying, “Mr. President, we’re just not that into you.”

“What about health-care reform!?” his fans invariably respond.

Well, what about it? Sure, it passed. But the Affordable Care Act didn’t become law because Obama ignited a populist prairie fire in favor of it. He dedicated vast, vast swaths of his time and energy trying to sell the American people on Obamacare. He never made the sale (and still hasn’t). The misbegotten law’s passage is attributable entirely to the fact that Democrats rammed it through Congress — with a 60-vote majority in the Senate — using the sorts of backroom deals and corporate giveaways the American people despise.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...a__118032.html
Indiana_Geoff is online now Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:07 AM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Again no matter how many times the truth is posted, its still the truth! The truth about Obama is, we would have been better off without him!!!
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:07 AM
I don't like your altitude
Joined Sep 2011
3,244 Posts
Democrats rammed it through Congress — with a 60-vote majority in the Senate — using the sorts of backroom deals and corporate giveaways the American people despise.

Do you know of a government who doesn't operate the same way?
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:20 AM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
Not the point of the article.
Indiana_Geoff is online now Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Apr 19, 2013, 12:56 PM
Circles in Lift
Redmond, Washington, USA
Joined Oct 2004
425 Posts
Well, that much is certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Helmet View Post
The truth about Obama is, we would have been better off without him!!!
bwanajim is offline Find More Posts by bwanajim
Old Apr 19, 2013, 01:12 PM
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
Reminds of when I asked a high-power exec years ago his secret to success. His reply was "I have the ability to fake sincerity."
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG